Weapons / Gear list

Campaign using BIS standard units

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

Weapons / Gear list

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-10-04 08:32:01

PMC Fury has now its first draft of the weapons and gear selection.

Please comment this list as I'm not sure if its good idea to add everything, for example does NATO squad leader in a war have AK-47 available in his ammo dump? I would think not, but maybe this full list gives the chance for players to decide if he wants to fire his favourite weapon or stick with realism.

Weapons and Gear

M16 assault rifle
M16 203 (M16 with grenade launcher)
GrenadeLauncher
M21 sniper rifle
M4 carbine
M4 carbine with red dot sights
M60 machinegun
FAL assault rifle
Heckler & Koch G3 assault rifle
Heckler & Koch MP5 SD6 worlds best submachine gun, silenced
Heckler & Koch G36A assault rifle
LAW anti tank rocket launcher
AT4 anti tank rocket launcher
Beretta handgun
CZ75 handgun
Glock handgun, also silenced version
Skorpion handgun
Tokarev handgun
UZI submachine gun
Huntingrifle (remington 700?)
Ingram submachine gun
Revolver handgun
6G30 grenade launcher
Strela (SA-7) shoulder launched surface to air missile
Stinger shoulder launched surface to air missile
Bizon submachine gun
CarlGustav anti tank rocket launcher
HandGrenade says boom
Kozlice shotgun
laserdesignator lases targets
Mine stops tanks
MM1 grenade launcher
Mortar for rifles
PK machine gun
RPG anti tank rocket launcher
SmokeShell smokes, white, green and red
Steyr assault rifle
SVD Dragunov sniper rifle
Binocular for long range target spotting
NV Goggles to see at night
AK47 assault rifle
AK47CZ variant of assault rifle
AK47 with grenade launcher
Ak74 assault rifle
AK74 with grenade launcher
Ak74Su short version of AK-74
Satchel Charges big boom
Flares with colors white, green, red and yellow

That load is a fun for the whole family!

Hacker
Recruit

Re: Weapons / Gear list

Post by Hacker » 2003-10-06 18:01:37

No, no, no...stick with realism, please :o

I'd suggest following for

"infantry only missions" (like sweeps):

M16 assault rifle
M16 203 (M16 with grenade launcher)
Mortar for rifles
(M21 sniper rifle) <- balance issue, every player 0wnz the AI with it...
M4 carbine
M60 machinegun
FAL assault rifle
Heckler & Koch G3 assault rifle
(Heckler & Koch G36A assault rifle) <- slight balance issue because of the scope...
(Steyr assault rifle) <- like G36
Beretta handgun
Ingram submachine gun
Hand Grenade
Satchel Charges big boom

spec ops:

UZI submachine gun
Satchel Charges big boom

standard:

Just all American equipment...

====

Missions to use the "low-power-weapons" (hunting rifles, AK47) should also be implemented...I'd like to kill someone with a Remington^^

Or, if you want...go to hell with my suggestions, just stick to realism. :)

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2003-10-07 16:40:01

Snake,

During certain missions, you would put out ammo crates with a lot of good stuff in them. Mines, satchels, rockets, ammo and occassionally even LAW launchers, etc. You also put out some different rifles, but never G36's, Steyr Augs or M21's.

My suggestion is going to be to leave the selection you have in place, but simply add either the G36 or the Steyr Aug, (or both), along with the M21. ALWAYS have pistols available.

It was suggested that having the M21 might be too much of an advantage. I believe it is no more of an advantage than having to go up against 2 or 3 snipers, (with spotters), hidden 500 to 1000 meters away, sniping at you. To be fair, I would not put more than one M21 in an ammo crate, per mission. To outfit the entire squad with M21's might be a bit of an advantage that would soon turn into a disadvantage when the combat got close.

I don't think an oversupply of explosives is necessary, since very few, (if any), missions were demoliotion or convoy ambushes. The grenade launcher would be a nice touch in situations with a lot of ground troops.

As for the enemy weapons, AK's, etc. Those are always available... just kill somebody and grab one if you want it. I don't think they need to be available in ammo crates.

One other thing to consider: Using NATO armor as ammo supply points. M113's would be a good choice, along with having jeeps and Hummers as a source of LAW Rockets, rifle ammo and M203 Grenades, while in the field.

With this ability to step up NATO's armament capability should come an increase in the degree of skill level for the enemy.

I know that in some missions, the enemy AI were terrible shots or else they just stood there and got shot. Making them more agressive and more accurate should overcome any advantage of upgraded weapons.

Also, it would be much better, <imo>, if we could outfit our squad prior to entering the mission. So much time is spent on arming soldiers AFTER the mission starts, especially if there is only 1 ammo crate.

And finally, if you wanted, you could limit the number of M21's, (or any weapon), that would be available throughout the campaign, or until a point in time of the campaign where a total rearmament would normally or realistically take place. (Such as troop movement from a Battallion hdq. to a new island). In other words, once that number of rifles, LAW Launchers, Rockets, etc. had been reached, no more would be available. This would tie into the Resistance Mission style of scavaging for weapons, loading them into trucks and making the best use of them until you could get rearmed.

Sounds like I'm trying to get you to re-invent the wheel, Snake... ;) I just want this campaign to rock and I think it's about to.

Reacher 8)

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2003-10-07 16:41:51

Oh Damn! I forgot the HK silenced! Doh! :-[

How could I forget that little gem?

Reacher

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-10-07 19:19:33

if we could outfit our squad prior to entering the mission.
That above weapon / gear list means that in the briefing when you select the GEAR tab, you can equip your squad as you please.
This would tie into the Resistance Mission style of scavaging for weapons, loading them into trucks and making the best use of them until you could get rearmed.
Sounds kind of interesting, but I'd believe the large NATO forces wont need to scavenge weapons, they have enough them in supply (gear selection).

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2003-10-07 19:54:59

That above weapon / gear list means that in the briefing when you select the GEAR tab, you can equip your squad as you please.
That would be great, and more realistic!
Sounds kind of interesting, but I'd believe the large NATO forces wont need to scavenge weapons, they have enough them in supply (gear selection).
Well, I call to your attention the mission(s) Scud Hunt part 1, 2 and 3. ;D Hell, after playing those 3 missions, I just feel lucky just to be here! Man those were tough but great missions! Anyway, that's kind of what I was referring to. Long missions where there is no chance for re-supply of essentials like rockets, (unless you can find a dead enemy to snatch his rocket launcher.) I won't give much away here when I say that there are a "few" tanks in those missions. And those "Large Nato Forces" are nowhere to be found on a lot of the missions. Oh well, just a thought. Ya can't win em' all! ;)

Reacher 8)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-10-07 20:12:31

Well, I call to your attention the mission(s) Scud Hunt part 1, 2 and 3.
Ah yeah, those are exception since you're behind enemy lines you dont have much chance to visit the armoury :)

Infact those missions are setup so that what you got at the end of previous mission, you got also in the next one.

But do you mean I should give a vehicle for the player to store that stuff then?

Reacher
1st Lt

Post by Reacher » 2003-10-07 20:24:37

But do you mean I should give a vehicle for the player to store that stuff then?
Nah, the more I think about it, that would be a dumb idea and basically ruin at least those 3 missions. You are warned ahead of time to conserve ammo and not be shooting enemy unless fired upon. So, really that idea wouldn't apply here. I will be happy with the ability to select weapons prior to the start of the mission. If I select wrong, them I'll be dead meat.

I guess the only thing I worry about is being able to re-arm on long missions with a lot of action. Especially specialty weapons like the G36, Steyr Aug and HK.

Man, it would be great if we had access to those cool weapons available in the PMC Ranger campaign! :P

I'm getting excited about the changes. I think it will drastically change the complexion of the campaign for the better. But I do suggest the skill level of the AI be cranked up a bit in some of those missions. Wish I could recall the ones where they were weak, because there are some missions where the AI is outstanding, and certainly don't nead any additional skill level increase! :o

Reacher

Hacker
Recruit

Post by Hacker » 2003-11-09 15:41:10

I guess the only thing I worry about is being able to re-arm on long missions with a lot of action.  Especially specialty weapons like the G36, Steyr Aug and HK.
Reacher
Then you'll have to take an AK to keep on kill'n huh? ;D