Change the YaBB forum software

PMC Tactical forum discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

Change the YaBB forum software

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-13 05:07:19

Hello. Recently I've gotten pretty fed up with this YaBB forum software what we use here, personally I would enjoy to have Ikonboard installed here.

Oh why a simple forum software is so important you ask? Well for example we have PMC Fury, PMC Ranger Path, PMC Command Campaign as released campaigns undergoing a beta testing. Then we have WrpTool official forum here and the members only WrpTool Beta testing area. Last is the new Vietnam: The Experience forum which already seems to have some nice activity. I cannot promise anything but I still feel that I want to make another campaign, maybe on the modern SEAL/Ranger/JAM unit/PMC Rugen or other 25km island using the CoC Command Engine, that of course would get its own area then again. Oh and I guess now its time to tell you guys that I'm soon releasing another 25km island (but thats all the info I tell you at this time), so there might be need for new "PMC Islands" area or something. So yes I do think this forum is going to be used in the future...

So couple of questions, do you guys who visit this small PMC code labs hideout, like the Ikonboard (used in BIS forum and in CoC forum) forum software?

Is there YaBB to Ikonboard conversion script/util so if we would change, we would not lose the old posts and user accounts? (yep I did couple of google searches but came out empty, but then again I dont know how to do proper search heh).

How lame would it be if there is no yabb -> ikonboard converter, to change into brand new Ikonboard doing fresh start and only leave THIS forum as read-only on the side as reference?

Snake_Man

Re: Change the YaBB forum software

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-15 10:51:39

I have now upgraded the old YaBB 1.x version to YaBB 2.0 forum. I'm still considering the previously mentioned ikonboard thing. But all options are open of course.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-10-19 09:32:14

I read on the official Ikonboard forum that there is no YaBB to Ikonboard converter. Damned.

So now I'm left with the decision, do we move to Ikonboard and "lose" all the previous data on THIS forum which you are reading right now or do we stick with this YaBB v2.0. Even if this forum is left as read-only, its still very difficult to do search on the ikonboard current forum and the old read-only one.

Hrr, makes me so mad. >:(

MidShip
1st Lt

Post by MidShip » 2005-10-19 15:34:40

From the technical nature of this forum, I think the decision on keeping the data (thesaurus) is the right one.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-05-05 12:21:18

The Yabb forum software has now been upgraded to version 2.1. Let me know if there is anything wrong.