PMC internet connection situation

PMC Tactical forum discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC internet connection situation

Post by Snake Man » 2008-05-14 13:24:03

PMC development status May 2008.

Today Tuesday May 13th I moved from my nice and comfortable room with 2mbit internet connection, to a dirt cheap dump without airconditioning, fridge or internet... you could say that I switched to a serious low budged mode.

So what does this mean for PMC ArmA/Falcon 4 development. Well its good... and bad at the same time.

The Good:
Now I dont have internet, now I dont need to check IRC shell every 2 minutes, now I dont have to hammer PMC/BIS/etc forums every 5 minutes... etc. Now I really have 100% time for ArmA and Falcon 4 editing, no distractions. This is like the good old times in 2004 again when I didn't have internet to make me waste my time.

The Bad:
I cannot update my ArmA VTE SVN dir, or to commit new files to it. Now I cannot have PMC Editing Wiki open all the time. No I cant immediately learn new stuff from the net resources/friends when I get around to some problem. Now I cannot immediately update PMC Editing Wiki when I learn new stuff, I have to wait for internet cafe visit.

So there you go.

It is completely uncertain when do I get room with internet, it most likely will be weeks if not months. Now I can visit internet cafes in 2 minutes from my room so communicating via forums is no problem, but the SVN is the thing thats most depressing for me at the moment, I'm completely shut down considering VTE development, I cant add new stuff nor can I receive it, its insane really. We can of course do it the hard way where I'll send my edits to granQ who updates the SVN, but then I'm sure hes not interested of fiddling through the updates / files hes/others have done and put them for me to download (and considering I'm visiting net cafes when I feel like it etc, it really wouldn't be suitable afterall). In Falcon 4 side or the PMC ArmA campaigns/CAT Afghanistan or other projects I'm working, this is okay, I can actually get more done now.

So why did I post this blabber, well just to let everyone know why all of the sudden I dropped the activity on IRC and forums, I'm not dead or something, I just dont have net. Hey who knows, maybe I go fucking nuts and start to run into net cafes 5 times a day and nobody notices any activity drop but heh dunno. We'll just have to see how things turn out.

I'm working hard (believe me) on getting back to my feet with internet, this was a strategic choice on my part and calculated loss for time being, you can rest assured that not a day goes by when I'm not doing something to speed up my situation with accomodations so I can have 24hrs internet back.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-06-27 13:02:44

Well now I'm glad the let you all know that I just got my 1mb/512k ADSL line connected. Now I'm able to hang out in the net pretty much the same as before. Now I'm happy :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."