PMC Tactical major upgrade

PMC Tactical forum discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC Tactical major upgrade

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-07 14:43:23

PMC Tactical site(s) has been upgraded!

Now we are located in http://www.pmctactical.org and we have new phpbb forum unifiying the Falcon 4 and Operation Flashpoint forums. Also we added brand new Armed Assault and even upcoming Game2 forums for our users.

We decided to rework the sites and forum because for example the ubb Falcon 4 forum was so outdated. We wanted to get php+mysql power behind the forum.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Nice new look

Post by Sherlock » 2006-12-08 03:15:19

Hiya SM,
THx for upgrading the old Falcon forums...

I like the newer forum software, but I can't see any post after Jan 2003 in any Falcon 4 forums except for the new Israel Theater Forum. It has posts from Nov 2006 in it. Not sure why the others (like ODS and terrain) don't have their posts from 2003-2006?
Sherlock
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Peled
F4ITDG

Post by Peled » 2006-12-08 04:50:06

Sherlock , look at your profile , check all posts posted by user and you'll see them ...they did'nt gone....just need to find a way to bring them shown on board.... :)
F4ITDG-Israeli Theater Development Group (retired) .

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2006-12-08 05:09:52

new forum looks cool.. tho i got to scroll down for f4 section.

seperate pages could be better.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-08 06:34:28

I like the newer forum software
The new phpbb forum software setup is still the default original, I would like to modify it a bit to have some personality. If anyone know some good "templates" for phpbb please let me know.

The templates are like styles, color schemes. They mean that any user can choose to use them or not, you can have several templates in the forum configuration, even change them daily if you wish.

Main thing is that now this place if powered by php+mysql which is fast and the software is up-to-date. The old Falcon 4 forum with the ubb classic was so outdated and full of security holes that yikes.
but I can't see any post after Jan 2003 in any Falcon 4 forums
The posts are there, but the "index" is totally random, dunno how the conversion process took the posts.

For example check out this page on Falcon 4 general area, its the 23rd page and has the Smoke On - Virtual Thunderbirds LOMAC video in it. So dont worry, topics & posts are safe in the mysql database, however the forum index is random, we'll try to reorganize it.

btw dont you guys love the new Preview button while posting a message, its really great compared to the old ubb forum which had none.
tho i got to scroll down for f4 section. seperate pages could be better.
Well I thought about that how Operation Flashpoint and Falcon 4 guys feel with each other, but I think we'll manage to come by :)

If you meant to sperate the forum areas differenly, I dont know how to do that. I think this is ok setup right here, had to choose some order for the forums so decided to put it like this. 1) PMC site news area. 2) Armed Assault (latest title released). 3) Falcon 4 areas. and 4) Game 2 (which is just in the future).
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."