Ils frequencies

Israel theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Red Dog
Banned user

Ils frequencies

Post by Red Dog » 2007-12-11 15:43:29

Hey gents,

I am doing the stations.dat file for ODS and I have a question for the Israel airports. I see quite a few ILS on airports in the country. probably that they aren't published.

So far I only have active ILS on Ben Gurion, J Hozman and OVDA (not even an ILS but a VORDME approach)

Would anyone be able to help me and tell me which aiprorts in the country have a published approach and/or a VORDME approach which I associate to ILS for Falcon?

If you have the frequency, all the better. If not, I will make one up, all I need is to be sure to assign an ILS in Falcon where there is one actually IRL

Since we are trying to get all the same radio navigation data in F4 theater the same regardless of the different theaters, the info I am collecting now might find its way to this theater as well

Thanks
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

ranger822
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

ILS Approach

Post by ranger822 » 2007-12-12 01:16:47

Good question - my main contacts are i-Hawk and Peled. One of the two of them ought to be able to answer that question if it can be answered at all.

I would guess that all the military and civilian airports have some sort of ILS - - Frequencies are probably not going to be me made public for obvious reasons. So, you can probably just go ahead and assign frequencies and publish your list here -- I will grab it and apply when needed.

i_hawk
2nd Lt

Post by i_hawk » 2007-12-12 06:20:30

I'll try to ask... but I don't think will get too many answers about exact frequencies... no one with such knowledge will share it I think... I guess better go the way Ranger suggested.
G-byte Nforce3 ultra,AMD 64 bit 3000+ 939 OC'ed to 2.25GHz, 1024MB 400 MHz CL 2.5 on dual channel , RADEON 9800 pro

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2007-12-12 08:47:14

the point is not the frequencies, I understand their paranoia about releasing them. So I can make up the freqs myself.

What I am trying to know is where there are ILS or VORDME approaches.
I don't want to place an ILS in Falcon where there's a mountain or any kind of obstruction in the way.

With no further info, the above three airbases will be the only one with ILS
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

ranger822
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

ILS Placement

Post by ranger822 » 2007-12-12 12:18:15

Ah - okay. Good point RedDog - - let me modify my suggestion - place the ILS and other items where you think they should be. Off the top of my head I can't think of any airbases that are close to mountains is Israeli except for Ovda. All the rest are coastal or on flat lying area. I am not so concerned with Red side airbases -- but I think the Egyptian side and Jordanian sides are about the same. I haven't flown Syrian airbases very and can't recall. As a general rule if you have any of the Israeli Theaters - the terrain is, for the most part the same - no significant changes to Dudi-s original work except for the SRTM installer but that isn't going to significantly change overall altitudes.