Israeli Theater

Israel theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-11 01:33:18

Hey ranger822, I moved the discussion over here to keep on topic.
ranger822 wrote:Right Snakeman - we haven't touched the L2 except for leveling airbases. So, whatever we had to start with is what we have now
I wish someone else stepped forward with good memory, but as I already said I am 99.9% sure the dudi death_119 guys Israel theater L2 file is created with the perl scripts. So therefore it is not Dem2terrain spherically converted DEM data compatible as are all PMC theaters.
does this mean we are not a candidate for SRTM too?
I have no idea. But looking at the comparison images it looks to me pretty much like spherically distorted difference, dont you think so yourself?

So basically you dont have spherically made data but SRTM is... right?
The alternative is we would have to rebuild israeli theater from scratch and totally retile?
I can set you guys up with the stock files from Dem2terrain in few hours with working campaign setup. I do not have CATE conf files for israel texture.bin configuration, but we could use ODS texture.bin and just remove/replace tiles in there. I am not sure if the current L2 is completely tiled by hand, but if it is, then surely there is small difference in "quality" compared to CATE tiled as the transitions with roads/rivers quite often are not perfect.

Dont take this as I'm talking you into spherically converted stuff or anything, I'm just thinking: is the L2 made with perl scripts (nonspherical) or not... I think it is.

Hey lets make a test, tell me the israel center coordinates and I'll quickly create you terrainview generated image of the terrain + features, then you can judge if its compatible or not.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2007-04-11 10:06:41

ua, pleae do a test.. Ranger determined the center coordinates were Lat = +30 and Long +35

ranger822
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Coordinate test

Post by ranger822 » 2008-01-15 14:31:44

Yeah, it was done last year. Confirmed the coordinates . . .