TacEdit and Windows 7 64 bit...

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

cougar56th
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

TacEdit and Windows 7 64 bit...

Post by cougar56th » 2009-12-18 10:47:17

Is there a way to get TacEdit to work with Windows 7 64 bit? I have heard of some people getting it to work on Windows 7 32 bit. Im trying to get it to work with Windows 7 64 bit.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Re: TacEdit and Windows 7 64 bit...

Post by Snake Man » 2009-12-18 11:23:51

I personally still run XP :)

I'm planning on next system upgrade to install win7 but don't know much about those 32/64 bit things. Sorry that I can't help on this subject, hopefully someone else can.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2010-04-23 23:29:20

I'm running Win7 Pro 64bit and using TacEdit 2.48. It seems to function just fine but none of my tacedit changes are showing up in sim. I've added new objectives and a couple of new units. I've double checked all my changes and even deleted them and recreated them to no avail. I can't get my changes to show in sim (Falcon AF). I am editing the Panama Theater (for AF) save2.cam file. I know my changes are being saved because I can close out of TacEdit and come back in, open the .cam file and my changes are there. They just don't show up in Falcon! Frustrating to say the least.

Any ideas why I am not seeing my changes? I'm thinking it is related to this being Win7 but I haven't a clue so far why.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2010-04-24 01:08:46

Sherlock wrote:I'm running Win7 Pro 64bit and using TacEdit 2.48. It seems to function just fine but none of my tacedit changes are showing up in sim. I've added new objectives and a couple of new units. I've double checked all my changes and even deleted them and recreated them to no avail. I can't get my changes to show in sim (Falcon AF). I am editing the Panama Theater (for AF) save2.cam file. I know my changes are being saved because I can close out of TacEdit and come back in, open the .cam file and my changes are there. They just don't show up in Falcon! Frustrating to say the least.

Any ideas why I am not seeing my changes? I'm thinking it is related to this being Win7 but I haven't a clue so far why.
I think I figured this out. You have to run Tacedit from a shortcut and set the Priviledge Level "Run this program as an Administrator" checkbox on in the shortcut on the Compatibility tab.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto