AF Squadron names in Tacedit

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Luk
Brig. General

AF Squadron names in Tacedit

Post by Luk » 2009-05-20 12:53:52

Hi,
I have all squad subtype names "unknown" in Tacedit, how can I fix it please?
Or is it the only way to count the rows and try to place and see...., then write on paper "1st row - Mig17squad, 2nd Mig 19 etc"?
Objectives names are OK.
My TacEdit screen

properities paths ( I think nothing to fix here):

in LPbrowse, there are some numbers for units - but single number does not match tacedit's Class ID
for example Mig 21 Class ID in tacedit is 1946
the only similar number in LPbrowse is CT - 1846
ouch it is really 1846, I dont know why 1847 on screenshot...after screen refresh 1846, but gif is already posted...

Please help.

BTW, when I was playing with terrain colours about two weeks ago,
I had to rebuilt terrain mesh. Thanks to Monster's util, I have edited X1 by cate. Changed terrain file was larger then original L2 (4byte CATE used). It was strange to me, but it worked fine (it can be caused by longer integer?). Important is, there is NO buffer overrun error in AF 3D world now. So it kicked me to work on AF Eu mod - next is, I can edit cam file and everything works well. I let moded campaign run for 6 days without CTD, have flied some missions etc... :)

Luk

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: AF Squadron names in Tacedit

Post by Sherlock » 2009-05-20 15:26:34

Luk wrote: Hi,
I have all squad subtype names "unknown" in Tacedit, how can I fix it please?
If you have the old Falcon 4.0 from Microprose with SuperPak 4.2 installed, go into the objects folder and copy out the "FALCON4.PD" and the "FALCON4.VCD" files. Then change the names on the ALLIED FORCE versions of those same files to another name (I use AF_FALCON4.PD and AF_FALCON4.VCD) but DO NOT DELETE THEM (you will need them again for ALLIED FORCE to run). Copy the old versions into the objects folder so now you should have all four files in that folder (along with all the other files in that objects folder).

Open TacEdit now directed at the path for the theater you want to edit a .cam file on (that has the objects folder you just copied those files to) and you should see the proper identification of aircraft, ground vehicles, etc. However, there will still be a few "UNKNOWN"s because the AF version of those .PD and .VCD files were updated by LP with a few new vechicles, munitions, etc., that are not in the old SP4.2 versions.
Luk wrote:properities paths ( I think nothing to fix here):
You should enter the first field as the path to the campaign folder of the theater you want to edit.
You should enter the second field as the path to the objects folder of the theater you want to edit.
The third field you do not have to fill in. It will fill itself in when you open a .cam file in the campaign folder you have designated.
Luk wrote: in LPbrowse, there are some numbers for units - but single number does not match tacedit's Class ID
for example Mig 21 Class ID in tacedit is 1946
the only similar number in LPbrowse is CT - 1846
Please help.
Just remember that the CT number is ALWAYS 100 less than the CLASS ID number so in equation form: CT # = CLASS ID - 100 OR in other words: CT # + 100 = CLASS ID
Luk wrote:BTW, when I was playing with terrain colours about two weeks ago,
I had to rebuilt terrain mesh. Thanks to Monster's util, I have edited X1 by cate. Changed terrain file was larger then original L2 (4byte CATE used). It was strange to me, but it worked fine (it can be caused by longer integer?). Important is, there is NO buffer overrun error in AF 3D world now. So it kicked me to work on AF Eu mod - next is, I can edit cam file and everything works well. I let moded campaign run for 6 days without CTD, have flied some missions etc... :)

Luk
Very cool. Glad to hear you are having good luck! Keep up the good work! :D
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2009-05-20 16:28:05

Thanks for excellent answer Sherlock.
Pitty I have only AF and pure F4 Vanilla here. Then I have looked at my old PC - AF + FF3 + RV there. Hope I can grab the 4.2 installer without installing it (space problem :? ).
Just in case I do not disturb you - Is it possible to send/upload SP4.2 "FALCON4.PD" and the "FALCON4.VCD" files?

BTW - my old Duron win 2000 PC is still good for editing. I run Pathmaker on it. I was not able to make vector paths visible in XP(just texture).
Do you have the same problem?
Thanks again
Luk

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Sherlock » 2009-05-20 16:51:17

Luk wrote:Thanks for excellent answer Sherlock.
Pitty I have only AF and pure F4 Vanilla here. Then I have looked at my old PC - AF + FF3 + RV there. Hope I can grab the 4.2 installer without installing it (space problem :? ).
Just in case I do not disturb you - Is it possible to send/upload SP4.2 "FALCON4.PD" and the "FALCON4.VCD" files?

BTW - my old Duron win 2000 PC is still good for editing. I run Pathmaker on it. I was not able to make vector paths visible in XP(just texture).
Do you have the same problem?
Thanks again
Luk
PM me your email address and I will email them to you. They are not big files.
I am not able to get vector paths in Pathmaker to show anymore either and I don't know why. Perhaps Dr. Fred "BaldEagle" Balding might read this post and offer his ideas on this discrepency(or anyone else that might know why they don't show up). They used to show up for me but I am wondering if it Pathmaker version dependent? What version of Pathmaker are you using Luk? I am using version 1.0.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2009-05-20 17:48:12

Sherlock wrote:
What version of Pathmaker are you using Luk?
I run ver 1.55 in my laptop with WinXP. I can not see vector paths.

I run ver 1.0 in my old desktop PC with W2k. I can see paths here.

I thaught it is rather system ver. dependent, then pathmaker dependent. But I can be wrong.

Luk

P.S. check PM inbox please