MEA Extracted to Excel

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Phoenix711
Captain

MEA Extracted to Excel

Post by Phoenix711 » 2009-05-14 20:48:58

Hi there.

We're working on the Aegean ONC Map with red dog, and hes doing some quality work. He needed the MEA altitudes for the coordinates LAT LONG for his map, and this is how I did this:

http://92.45.21.211/Web_Yayin/Yarasa/PM ... _Excel.rar

The excel have one macro. It's safe. I'm extracting MEA contents with a tool of myself (SM has codes for it), you can see it in the "MEA" sheet. Then the macro creates the map view in the "map" sheet. You can see what the map is, by looking at the "Big Map" sheet.

(BTW: MEA, holds the maximum altitudes for every 8x8 region in the L2 file, starting from bottom left going right).

The third sheet is calculated using the MAX feature of excel. Select the area, and it shows the MAX value at the status bar. The jpg file is what I gave to Red Dog.

Now, I can create this excel directly using the mea, or even the L2 file. We can discuss here about how we can use this tool and what other features may we add to be be useful in it. We can do a lot of calculations using the mea, or we can create a tool that can extract the minimum altitude, or maybe the average altitude of selected sized regions. We can use it to create map like views in excel and may be able to do a lot of calculating operations on our regional altitudes.

Waiting for any ideas. Regards.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: MEA Extracted to Excel

Post by ccc » 2009-05-15 01:47:24

wow.. this is great.. and beyond my scope :mrgreen: