[ TacEdit ] - what the obj parent id for?

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

[ TacEdit ] - what the obj parent id for?

Post by ccc » 2008-02-04 16:05:29

When doub-clicking on some obj, i found several obj parent Id is related to a higher priority obj, like capital, or a highly-popluated city/center.

does it affect the ground war?

i vaguely remember some doc said the obj parent id do nothing to ground war.. am i right?

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: [ TacEdit ] - what the obj parent id for?

Post by Sherlock » 2008-02-04 19:53:27

ccc wrote:When doub-clicking on some obj, i found several obj parent Id is related to a higher priority obj, like capital, or a highly-popluated city/center.

does it affect the ground war?

i vaguely remember some doc said the obj parent id do nothing to ground war.. am i right?
The parentID automatically forms the relationship for the PAK area. I do know that every single objective in the original Microprose Korea Campaign was linked to a higher ParentID and eventually to the PAK area major city. I don't know if all the PMC theater campaigns follow this practice or not.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: [ TacEdit ] - what the obj parent id for?

Post by ccc » 2008-02-05 05:01:11

Sherlock wrote: The parentID automatically forms the relationship for the PAK area. I do know that every single objective in the original Microprose Korea Campaign was linked to a higher ParentID and eventually to the PAK area major city. I don't know if all the PMC theater campaigns follow this practice or not.
yes i just checked default cam, it seems all obj got their obj parentID!