Inserting Naval Squadrons

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

marvin157th
1st Lt

Inserting Naval Squadrons

Post by marvin157th » 2007-10-14 22:46:17

Hey guys,

I could have sworn this was once an easy task, however, I cannot seem to get it to work.

I am trying to add Naval squadrons to a carrier group.

When inserting the squadron, I of course get an airbase option to apply it to. I try to avoid it, but I cannot. So I add it to Amendola for example, and edit the squadrons X/Y coords to correspond with the Naval Carrier. Even though it shows on TacEdit, and the campaign screen as operating from the carrier, it still generates missions from Amendola?

Any hints?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-14 23:19:43

Check out PMC korean campaigns for the TCL scripts of how it was done. If you want to do it manually, umm it was just placing the squadron to whatever airbase, then when its done, edit the squadron again and change its x,y coords for the carriers and hmm I think maybe some airbase ID to the carriers ID or something like that... I dont remember as its done with TCL now.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Inserting Naval Squadrons

Post by Sherlock » 2007-10-15 01:21:15

marvin157th wrote:Hey guys,

I could have sworn this was once an easy task, however, I cannot seem to get it to work.

I am trying to add Naval squadrons to a carrier group.

When inserting the squadron, I of course get an airbase option to apply it to. I try to avoid it, but I cannot. So I add it to Amendola for example, and edit the squadrons X/Y coords to correspond with the Naval Carrier. Even though it shows on TacEdit, and the campaign screen as operating from the carrier, it still generates missions from Amendola?

Any hints?
Before you close the dialog box for the squadron (after you select a land based airbase to place the squadron at) be sure to set the coordinates for the squadron placement at the x,y of the carrier AND the destination x,y of the squadron at the x,y of the carrier AND change the AirbaseID number to "0". Then click ok, rebuild squadrons, save it and try it.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

marvin157th
1st Lt

Post by marvin157th » 2007-10-15 04:31:38

Sherlock,

That did the trick... :D Damn base ID was still in there.

Thanks!
Jody