Any Tacedit gurru around - I need help

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Cougar FFW04

Any Tacedit gurru around - I need help

Post by Cougar FFW04 » 2007-01-28 14:09:59

Hi All,

I am actually working on a Mini Campaign Engine (MCE) program based on TE. Until somebody can provide me with "java methods" (or any other code) capable to write directly within the TE file, I try to use the TCL script capability of tacedit to implement various units in TE.

It's quite straightforward for bataillons and squadrons and I did it sucessfully.

However actually it doesnt work for flight/Package...
I successfully used the "unit flight set..." and "unit package set..." commands to add flight/package within the TE and althought they appear as such in the Tacedit Units page it sounds that they are not reconised as such...
I got no erreur message during script execution and all Package/flight fields sounds right (I mean that value are compatible with those I see from flight/package already added from within the Falcon Tactical Engagement interface - except may be the Wpt field but I dont see any scripted tacedit command to deal with flights Wpt :cry: )...

The tacedit check and auto-fix units menus dont complain but something is wrong because when i click on the flight/package units added by the script I got no popup windows as it should. Moreover Tacedit crash when I try to save :(

Any idea :?:

Thanks a lot in advance :wink:

Cougar FFW04

Post by Cougar FFW04 » 2007-01-28 16:14:04

Oki I did fix it (it was an bad Id setting)
Now Package/Flight/Squadron are correctly associated and reconized as such.

However there is still a problem. When I save I get the following message :
Instruction at "0x73d211c7" use memory adress "0x00000004". Memoty can not be read.
Any idea :?:

Still problems with WPT. Does anybody know if there is any way to define Wpt for flights using the scripted TCL capabilities of Tacedit. I dont find any command related to Wpt... :?:

There are also a team orriented commands like this one for exemple
Team number newmission field/values
I did get the values of the various fields on a already made TE but I dont catch what this command deals with...
Anybody knows :?:

Finaly I would like to know if anybody undrestand the "Roster" field. It is supposed to be for example the number of aircraft in a flight however I dont see any logicin that field.
For a 4 aircraft flight sometime I get a roster number of 4 (sounds Ok) but sometime 10 or.... still for a 4 planes flight :oops:

Any help is welcome

Cougar FFW04

Post by Cougar FFW04 » 2007-01-29 14:46:55

Nobody using the Tacedit TCL facilitity :oops:
I cant beleive it :roll: