how do u get the theater.irc

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

bulletkid
Recruit

how do u get the theater.irc

Post by bulletkid » 2007-01-01 16:06:26

im not trying to ask the question again but I'm afraid that in the ODS theater....C:\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\ODSAF\art\desstorm1\art\main folder there's a theater.irc, is it from the main.irc (then you rename it to theater.irc or something) or is it from something else cause I believe its an important file, and then theres a C:\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\ODSAF\art\desstorm1\art\campaign\intel\Strategy file which I don't quite understand how do u guys get it...sorry for the repost but i really wanna know cause if its there in the ODS theater then it should be with the other AF theaters that I'm currently making... :)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-01-01 16:36:57

It is a TEXT file. Open it with notepad or your favourite text editor. How do you get it... just get it from the theater you did see this file and change the strings inside to suit your theater names/stuff.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

bulletkid
Recruit

Post by bulletkid » 2007-01-01 18:20:04

ok so how about the theater.irc file...?thx

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Sherlock » 2007-01-01 22:21:53

bulletkid wrote:ok so how about the theater.irc file...?thx
No. You mis-understood what SM was saying. The theater.irc file is a text file. You open it with notepad and edit it to fit your theater specifics.

The modified strategy.scf file in the directory you mentioned only needs to be added if you are creating a 128x128 segment theater. It's only purpose is to accomodate the much larger PAK map. If your theater is 64x64 segments then you don't need it as the original strategy.scf file is already set up to display that size of pak map.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

bulletkid
Recruit

Post by bulletkid » 2007-01-02 05:14:56

oh, i tot he was saying the Strategy file needed to be modified using thenotepad.