unzipping .irc

F4Browse, CATE, Tacedit, Terrainview & TheaterMaker etc utility related

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

bulletkid
Recruit

unzipping .irc

Post by bulletkid » 2006-12-17 18:06:35

can someone please tell me how to unzip .irc files using Codec's scripts and all, I'm not quite familliar with it.

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: unzipping .irc

Post by Sherlock » 2006-12-17 18:09:42

bulletkid wrote:can someone please tell me how to unzip .irc files using Codec's scripts and all, I'm not quite familliar with it.
You don't unzip the .irc files. The .irc file is there for you to use when you rezip the contents back into the new .rsc file with your new additions. You unzip the .rsc files using the .idx file (the index) as the guide. Your perl command should call for the .idx file. Go back and look at the tutorial parts about unzipping these files and you will see what I am talking about.

Sherlock
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

bulletkid
Recruit

Post by bulletkid » 2006-12-17 18:13:03

yes I know that, its just that I'm using F4AF Balkans theater example and from there, I know I should unzip the theater.irc...you do know what I'm talking bout rite? :)

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2006-12-17 18:16:51

bulletkid wrote:yes I know that, its just that I'm using F4AF Balkans theater example and from there, I know I should unzip the theater.irc...you do know what I'm talking bout rite? :)
No, sorry. I don't know what you are talking about...? You can't unzip a .irc file...

Use procidx1.pl to unzip a .rsc file (with it's accompanying .idx file). Doing this will also create a .irc file for use when rezipping the contents back into the .rsc file later.

Use irc2res1.pl to rezip the .rsc file using the .irc file that is created when you first unzipped the .rsc file.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

bulletkid
Recruit

Post by bulletkid » 2006-12-18 08:09:10

alright, what I meant was following the tutorial, i need to unzip the main.irdx and later after getting the .irc, I must place it in artAsia main directory, but thats for Falcon 4.0, in Falcon 4.0 :AF I need to use (what I still don't know) to get theater.irc and place it at artAsia main directory. Therefore, i would ask that what script could unzip .irc. In which unlike Falcon 4.0, Falcon 4.0:AF have a similar process of making theaters its just that the files are different.

Thx, thought for telling me you didn't uderstand cause would love to explain it. :)

Thought still, if anybody out there who is really an expert in making theaters, who knows which script I need to use, please tell me. Thx

I'm trying out myself trying to figure out what might be thhe .idx file.

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2006-12-18 15:26:46

bulletkid wrote:alright, what I meant was following the tutorial, i need to unzip the main.irdx and later after getting the .irc, I must place it in artAsia main directory, but thats for Falcon 4.0, in Falcon 4.0 :AF I need to use (what I still don't know) to get theater.irc and place it at artAsia main directory. Therefore, i would ask that what script could unzip .irc. In which unlike Falcon 4.0, Falcon 4.0:AF have a similar process of making theaters its just that the files are different.

Thx, thought for telling me you didn't uderstand cause would love to explain it. :)

Thought still, if anybody out there who is really an expert in making theaters, who knows which script I need to use, please tell me. Thx

I'm trying out myself trying to figure out what might be thhe .idx file.
I think (if I am understanding what you are asking) you are asking how to create an .irc file so you can repack (zip up) your new main.rsc file?

You shouldn't need to create the .irc file. It should already be there. In my installation of Allied Force (AF), in the C:\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\are\resource folder, I have the following files:

main.idx
main.irc
main.rsc

So there already is an .irc file that comes with the game. If it's not there let me know and I can email it to you.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

bulletkid
Recruit

Post by bulletkid » 2006-12-19 08:36:04

Not create, just unzip the theater.irc and then repack/rezip it back. So if you look closely at the artBalkans theres art/main and there's a theater.irc file. Thats the file I'm trying to unzip. If theres another way I can do that, that would be finding a use for the "theater" Windows Explorer Command file.

bulletkid
Recruit

Post by bulletkid » 2006-12-19 14:31:52

anyway, the thing that I need to replace like BID_3FLY_DIST.tga and all are not inside the main.idx file, theres no such file in main.idx. Just some .tga files no involved in maps and terrains that I need to replace. You should know this rite since you're making the ODS theater?If not then how do you make a working F4AF theater? :D

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2006-12-19 15:52:51

bulletkid wrote:anyway, the thing that I need to replace like BID_3FLY_DIST.tga and all are not inside the main.idx file, theres no such file in main.idx. Just some .tga files no involved in maps and terrains that I need to replace. You should know this rite since you're making the ODS theater?If not then how do you make a working F4AF theater? :D
OK, you are hung up on something that has gotten into your head and which is NOT CORRECT.

So get this straight...You don't need to unzip the theater file. It has nothing to do with adding the necessary graphic files you need to add for your theater. Leave it alone.

You don't ever, ever unzip a .irc file. It is physically impossible to unzip an .irc file. You can only unzip .rsc files using their .idx file (index files which describe the contents of what is in the .rsc file).

The BID_3FLY_DIS.tga file is in the intel.rsc file (you also need the intel.idx file to unpack this .rsc file). When you unpack it it will create an intel.idx file. When you repack the intel.rsc file with your new graphic(s) you will need the .irc file to do the repacking. Go back and read the Ultimate Campaign Tutorial again. It is in there what you need to do. Don't do anything else otherwise you run the risk of screwing things up so that your theater may never run.

Good luck!
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

bulletkid
Recruit

Post by bulletkid » 2006-12-19 17:36:57

Ok, so no way I can unzip .irc file. Thx btw Sherlock, for helping me this much. :)

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2006-12-19 17:41:17

bulletkid wrote:Ok, so no way I can unzip .irc file. Thx btw Sherlock, for helping me this much. :)
You are welcome. I understand we may be having a translation problem since your native language is probably not English. But we will work through it in time. I am a patient man! :)
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

bulletkid
Recruit

Post by bulletkid » 2006-12-20 12:36:35

ah nope, English is my second language thought my first language would be my mother tongue language that is which you would know unless your living in South east Asia. :lol: