Indo-Pakistan mod based on Afghanstan theater?

Afghanistan theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ccc
Chief of Staff

Indo-Pakistan mod based on Afghanstan theater?

Post by ccc » 2008-06-29 14:36:38

After a talk with SM, i realized Afghanstan128 covering a nice area for Indo-Pak mod/campaign.

the yellow box is Afghanstan 128, it cover all pakistan, parts of india West.Southwest and central command area.

this shows where to place PAF ac..

india NW air defense area..

where to place sq. and ac type.

derStef
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by derStef » 2008-06-29 15:56:06

some year ago, i also had the same idea. i started to mod a campaign, worked, but i lost the interest, because the terrain tiles look so bad....

but, yes, good idea, keep on doing, ccc!

greets
Stef

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-06-30 16:14:07

a closer look at PMC Afghanstan 128 map coverage,

- it covers all pakistan landmass. in TE, some paskistan AFB like Peshawar or kamra are labelled as red - belongs to Afghan?
- some north india AFB are aslo labelled as red side, tho most are blue.

-all India West command AFBs are covered.

- the india centeral command area, only Agra AFB included.

- the west margin india AFB is Gwalior AFB.

- the SW command are, only northern part included. the southern margin includes Jodhpur AFB.

derStef
Banned user
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by derStef » 2008-07-01 11:27:29

nice research for future actions.... i'm interested to help you to develop this scenario.... :)
BUT my priority list is:
- Taiwan
- ODS
- Europe
- Vnam
- Nevada
- AND THEN the Indo -PAK scenario

i hope we'll work together soon (after FF5 is out) on Taiwan and others!

greets
Stef

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-07-02 15:46:12

use TE to check road network along indo-pak border, or offensive-defensive axis..

Again, the ground unit stalled its movement due to river-road-bridge bug.

- in TE setting map, some obj can't be reached due to broken road or lack of bridges.

- in TE setting map, a unit accepted the order to reach an obj. when run the TE with 64x, it stalled by a missing-bridge point which shows open road in planning map.

- numerous river system over this area, like vnam, make ground war hard to roll.

-maybe it's time to re-visit the idea.. erase river/ remove or replace river tile/ change river tile setting / remove bridges..

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-07-02 16:38:48

ccc wrote:- in TE setting map, some obj can't be reached due to broken road or lack of bridges.
- in TE setting map, a unit accepted the order to reach an obj. when run the TE with 64x, it stalled by a missing-bridge point which shows open road in planning map.
Could you please screenshot this location for me, or tell me what x,y coordinates these are in Tacedit?

Altough I would love to see ingame TE screenshots of the area and ground unit movement :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-07-03 01:07:12

sure.. but i don't want to fix them one by one.. even all broken road network fixed, few destroyed bridges can easily stall the whole ground war...i hate the feeling...i had some korea campaigns that few broken bridges forced my fast-moving units detour, running from west coast of korea pennisula to East coast, north, then back to west..

im talking to tool master, see if we can remove all river definition from tiles more efficiently, then remove bridges/re-link obj in interested area.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-07-03 10:00:04

in this pic, it's around NW india, Ludhiana.. a unit orderd to move in TE planning. once run in TE, it stalled at the yellow circle area - why? missing a bridge, can't cross the river.

another case, india NW, around Wazirabad and Gujurat.
when order the unit to move north (yellow line area), it choked due to missing or misplaced bridge. it can't move north directly. to the SW, white line route, a bridge misplaced - so it has to move along RED line to SW!
the bridge is off, in yellow circle.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2008-07-03 10:42:05

Okay thanks for the images and testing. Looks bit strange that there is bridge tile in middle of nowhere. Wonder if there is even more of these wrongly placed bridges around the whole theater.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2008-07-03 13:51:43

Wonder if there is even more of these wrongly placed bridges around the whole theater.

i am afraid, yes.

imho, to get the war rolling, we need a cheat tweak - remove river definition from tiles( so ground unit can pass river in 3d world), remove bridges and re-link obj ( so ground unit can pass a choking point in 2d world).

fixing the river-bridge bug one by one will be a horrible task.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: Indo-Pakistan mod based on Afghanstan theater?

Post by ccc » 2009-05-25 14:54:09

Indo-Pakistan conflict 1956..

a second look at this area, i confirm this 128mp can cover it.

bugs at first glance is, when i check Tacedit, i can find key objectives like Lahores, Jammu and Sialkot in map view. BUT - in TE or campaign 2d map, i can not find them??

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2009-05-26 05:26:13

my bad -- i did not locate the key objectives correctly. in the pic above, the only airport with inverse V runway is Lahore.
so the correct battle zone is set.
this one shows the 1956 indo-pakistan war in 128 afghanstan map..nicely covered

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2009-07-04 09:34:57

thoughts and excution notes for indo-pak 1956 scenerio..

- need a 2d UI map with national border.
- as this pic shows.. if Pak hold the blue defence line, four obj, for given days, blue win. TRI edit should be easy..
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n192 ... owaghf.jpg
- PAK setting is a big headache..the fight is within a rather small area.
- the ground war is a massive clash of steels..and the A-A/A-G simming experience will be similar to Doctor X's 1950 korea campaign.. poor AA/AG performance with old ac.

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2009-07-04 12:50:11

The earliest time-frame I've seen work is Ranger's 1967 ITO2 campaign. You really start getting into sim fantasy land earlier than that.

If you can build it, I'll play it, but I think the best time frames are those closer to the Falcon sweet spot of mid-late 80's.

visioninthedark
Recruit

Post by visioninthedark » 2010-12-07 10:59:41

Anyone working on this scenario?

It should be quite entertaining ..... PAF has recently inducted F-16 B52+ and JF-17 fighters and is looking to induct Chinese J-10B's in the near future ..... as well as having inducted four Erieye AWACS and now in the process of inducting 4 Chinese ZDK-3 (I think it is .... not too sure about the designation) AWACS as well .....

at the same time IAF is upgraing all its Su-30MKI fleet, is looking to upgrade its Mirage 2000 fleet, has a huge number of MIG-21-93's upgraded by ELBIT from Israel ..... plus has an aircraft Carrier .... they are also looking for a 126 aircraft MMRCA procurement to replace their ageing MiG-21's that have not been upgraded by ELBIT ....

This could be one hell of an interesting scenario ......

maybe someone could mod nukes as well??

here is some interesting data ..... with future projections for both Pakistan and India ..... could help us develope quite an interesting campaign ....

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... ipment.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... ipment.htm

ZELEGEND

Post by ZELEGEND » 2011-09-26 15:48:26

Has there been any update on this theater?

I've been thinking about creating a Pak-India theater but many of the external geo-data services linked on the tutorial page don't work anymore :(

I've created all the skins, patches, GUI 6 years ago (ManiacSkinWorks) but never released them because I wanted them to come with a Theater (See FreeFalcon and now BMS boards)..

How much effort would be required to mod the Afghanistan Theater to feature a fully working campaign? (minus the above that I've mentioned).

Cheers,

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2011-09-27 02:27:29

ZELEGEND wrote:How much effort would be required to mod the Afghanistan Theater to feature a fully working campaign? (minus the above that I've mentioned).

Cheers,
Be patience. i know you've kept waiting for years. :wink:

Some modder may have such a playground for you.. no hurry.

ZELEGEND

Post by ZELEGEND » 2011-09-27 23:11:34

ccc wrote:
ZELEGEND wrote:How much effort would be required to mod the Afghanistan Theater to feature a fully working campaign? (minus the above that I've mentioned).

Cheers,
Be patience. i know you've kept waiting for years. :wink:
Hello again ccc, long time no speak! :)

For the past six years I've been too busy with life to even think about F4. Back then, I even created the Pakistan_India theater (initial stages) at 256 size but I had my doubts about it's support.
ccc wrote:Some modder may have such a playground for you.. no hurry.
Do contact me if you have any leads.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2011-09-28 00:31:24

Its quite easy to modify existing PMC Afghanistan theater to include new "Indo-Pak" theater with campaign. You would have to list the squadrons and airbases, I recall the skins work with squadron numbers, so then dropping the skins package into objects dir handles the skins.

Note that when I'm saying airbases, I mean airbases that exist in PMC Afghanistan theater. If you require us to add/remove/adjust airbases, then it gets more complicated.

PMC since 1984