Retiling Afghanistan

Afghanistan theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

marvin157th
1st Lt

Retiling Afghanistan

Post by marvin157th » 2007-09-19 13:02:00

Hey guys,

I apologize for this question as I am quite certain the answer is somewhere amongst these pages. However, lazy or lack of time I am just hoping for a straight answer..

This is just for myself so know one gets pissed off, but is there a simple way to retile Afghanistan. Whether it is realistic or not, but I think it would look better and more flyable if I was able to retile Afghanistan with the updated tiles for Nevada?

Is this possible, like once I install Afghanistan, just change the tile bin, and click on retiler process thingy?? Excuse the lingo, or lach there of! :wink:

Jody

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-19 14:50:59

Retiling of Afghanistan is long overdue, so why not just combine our efforts and do it the right way (not just private use)?

You cant just magically change .bin's and run the terrain rebuilder, its not that easy.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

marvin157th
1st Lt

Post by marvin157th » 2007-09-19 15:56:45

SnakeMan,

By all means I would much rather that.. I just suggested this for myself, cause I reckon some people might not appreciate Nevada (Bird's) tiles for Afghanistan. I would tend to agree that they are not perfectly suited for Afghanistan, however, it would make it more pleasureable to fly.

But yeah, I would love to see a more official release of an aproved Afghanistan rather then something just for me.

I know you helped Epic construct our Eastern US theater, and I understood that he used a Korean bin for tiles, so I figured similar could have been done for Afghanistan.

I guess like many here.. I wish I could understand theater making more clearly, as I suspect more and more people would be making/editing/completing them if they were easier to understand. :D

Jody

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-09-19 20:01:38

Yes we can continue the discussion on the Terrain types upgrade 2007 topic. Hopefully it picks up some momentum now :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."