OOB

Afghanistan theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Epic
2nd Lt

OOB

Post by Epic » 2007-03-27 21:23:12

Snakeman

Do you have OOB info yet for Afghanistan Ops? I have some info from OEF/ISAF aircraft placement that I could add. One of the problems is that a major airbase in Uzbekistan is not included in the theatre. Manas INTL aka Gancia Airbase by coalition forces.

I am not sure you would support adding the airbase in the far North of Uzbekistan in the less than realistic position, but that would be one way of including it.

Many fighters have been stationed there as well as re-fueling aircraft and other heavies. Additionally, major renovations have just been completed to the runways to support the heavy air traffic caused by Military aircraft so I would think that they plan on continuing to use it. IIRC it was built by the Russians when they were in Afghanistan.

I dont' know if you like to have just one person doing OOB research, but I thought if we had an OOB sticky thread everyone with information could add to it.

Epic

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-03-27 22:07:36

Please use the existing OOB resources topic, thanks.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."