No canpaigns in Afghan theater

Afghanistan theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

frogstar

No canpaigns in Afghan theater

Post by frogstar » 2002-08-31 05:18:00

Hi guys, Basically I am a nugget to Falcon but I have the SP3 and theaters downloaded. Fantastic sim. Anyway. The Afghan theater does not get pas the planning in campaign mode, it just sits there. Is this an insect? (bug) I would also like to know how to uninstall a given theater in case my install got trashed. Anyway glad to joing you guys,
Papa Frogstar
You gotta kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince.

T_Rex
FreeFalcon

Re: No canpaigns in Afghan theater

Post by T_Rex » 2002-09-03 15:57:00

Hmmm... well I guess the first thing is what squadron did you choose? There may be situations where a particular squadron won't get any missions at first. You might try a couple different squadrons to see if the mission planning goes faster.

WRT uninstall, the best way I've found is to go in to the Windows control panel - add/remove programs and uninstall the theater that way. Probably doesn't hurt to delete the Afghanistan subfolders, too, if they are still there after the uninstall.
Sic Semper tyrannosauro.

cyclic

Post by cyclic » 2002-09-23 07:19:00

Does the TE Builder work on the Afghan thetre. Desert Storm was porked last time i tried it...

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2002-09-23 10:22:00

quote:Originally posted by cyclic:
Does the TE Builder work on the Afghan thetre.
Yes.
quote:Desert Storm was porked last time i tried it...
What does porked mean?

It works just fine for me and lot of other users.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-09-28 17:29:00

quote:Originally posted by Papa Frogstar:
Hi guys, Basically I am a nugget to Falcon but I have the SP3 and theaters downloaded. Fantastic sim. Anyway. The Afghan theater does not get pas the planning in campaign mode, it just sits there. Is this an insect? (bug) I would also like to know how to uninstall a given theater in case my install got trashed. Anyway glad to joing you guys,
T-Rex is right. It depends on what squadron you have chosen since each squadron gets different amount of missions. What you can do is select different squadrons and then go forward to see if there are any missions. In my Afghanistan theater missions come after 6-7 Falcon minutes(6-7 seconds when x64). After some time passes you should get missions. For the uninstall part, some theaters can be removed from the ADD/REMOVE con in the Control Panel. However that is not the case with all theaters such as the Korea2005 if I remember correctly. What you can do is delete the files manually but that is difficult so I would try to find a way of overwriting the current installation by trying to install it again on top of the old one.

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.