Update

Panama theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Malc
Lt Colonel

Update

Post by Malc » 2002-09-17 12:55:00

I have completed the tiling, and I'm pleased to say I am VERY happy with it, despite the use of the default Korea tileset.

I have now set about creating the objectives and thanks to a very good atlas program I found, I have been able to name *most* objectives, so no "Noname" or "Nowhere" will be present (unless I miss one!)

I have to be honest here though, a few I have been unable to find the name for, and a few have conflicting names as per all my maps, so I taking liberties and "borrowing" names from nearby Costa Rica for the few I need to. My apologies to any Panamanian readers!

More to follow soon...

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Re: Update

Post by Death_119 » 2002-09-19 17:52:00

Don't consum your self with this, i did the same in more larger scale, i think that close to 60% of my Hart Sites locations were placed by random names i remember from arabic, also same with some of Radar and command centers. you aren't alone.

and congratulation for the completion of tiling, carry on the good work.

Butcher_ss
Colonel

Post by Butcher_ss » 2002-10-05 17:46:00

quote:Originally posted by Malcolm Hutcheon:
I have completed the tiling, and I'm pleased to say I am VERY happy with it, despite the use of the default Korea tileset.

I have now set about creating the objectives and thanks to a very good atlas program I found, I have been able to name *most* objectives, so no "Noname" or "Nowhere" will be present (unless I miss one!)

I have to be honest here though, a few I have been unable to find the name for, and a few have conflicting names as per all my maps, so I taking liberties and "borrowing" names from nearby Costa Rica for the few I need to. My apologies to any Panamanian readers!

More to follow soon...
I have seen the same problem in other theaters as well when I am supposed to attack a certain place, but there is no name or there is nowhere instead of the name. Would it be very difficult to try an sort the names in the other theaters or they are not your responsibility?

Butcher_ss.
Butcher_ss.

Malc
Lt Colonel

Post by Malc » 2002-10-06 07:44:00

This is no longer a problem. Thanks to some excellent mapping software, I now have names for ALL objectives in the Panama area. Now I have expanded to include Colombia, I'll do the same there.