BAS deltas/rangers

OFP general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

tommei
Recruit

BAS deltas/rangers

Post by tommei » 2003-02-21 13:51:01

Have you people at PMC tried BAS Delta/Ranger addons? High quality stuff. I bet you could make a brilliant campaign with them (hint, hint!). ;)

Snake_Man

Re: BAS deltas/rangers

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-02-23 00:07:41

Indeed we have just few days ago installed them and played some coop. Very good "ROCK" quality addons and I like them alot. The insertion by several littlebirds is just awesome, first time I started the warlord capture mission I was just blown away by the sheer awesome feeling riding the LittleBird.

However about me doing campaign for them, I dont think so. Its just too much work/pressure to complete it at the moment. I'm looking forward to the day when all PMC Fury missions are beta tested and we can tap the "release" status on them.

... but maybe with some new island... small 5 or so mission random campaign... Deltas/Ranger... hmm maybe...

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-04-13 19:43:41

I've made few PMC Coop missions using BAS Rangers as guys requested such, there are hmm 10 or so missions now and they are laid in the campaign manner.

So no, please dont get excited about PMC Ranger Campaign, but... yeah there is something cooking up. At least I can promise 10 or so Ranger missions in Kolgujev/Malden campaign at the moment.

We'll see what comes out of this.

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2003-04-23 05:05:41

Aaaahhh...that sounds brilliant! :) Have to start setting up a LAN game.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-04-23 05:19:59

Now I have completed Kolgujev, Malden and Everon with five mission on each island. Next is the big mother of all, Nogova.

But I have a problem... sheer lack of mission ideas, I am totally out of anything useful with what I could create believable Army Ranger mission.

Please if any readers here have any ideas for missions, throw them in please.

Also I'm preparing small campaign with The Chain Of Command's Command Engine, it uses Delta Force and snipers in the beginning to capture Malden airbase, then next mission you move inland with tanks and more standard infantry supported by Rangers etc. Actually these missions are easier to do as you just write into the briefing "you are the commander, make your own orders." :)
But I have no clue if this command engine campaign ever gets finished, summer is coming and still I need to make *at least* 5 Nogova Ranger missions :)

So please guys, feed me mission ideas and I sure make those Nogovan Ranger missions.

Oh btw the primary focus in these new PMC Ranger Campaign missions is one thing... COOP Multiplayer play.

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2003-04-24 05:54:36

These ideas come into mind:
1. Capturing a militia leader or some other OPFOR key member(s) from a hostile urban area. Insertion via little birds, stealthy approach avoiding patrols, maybe taking out some of them, infiltration into the city, capturing the target person(s), extraction via choppers.
2. Taking out a heavily guarded communications center. Move in, destroy the center with satchels or use a laser designator and call in air support. Instead of a communications center it could be an ammo dump, tank depot or something similar.
3. Securing a perimeter for a convoy. Take control and hold an area that a convoy is going to pass through. Maybe repel attacks by Spetz Natz or something. Mission ends as soon as the convoy has safely passed.
4. Infiltration of an OPFOR hq. Get into a heavily guarded hq to look for documents. Stealth mission. Maybe a boat insertion.
5. Take out a communication center/AA site. After that support a large attack with sniper fire and laser designating targets.
I know these aren`t exactly revolutionary ideas but I hope they are of some use. ;D

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2003-04-27 09:34:33

Hahaa! Looking good! Maybe we could set up a MP session some time.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-04-28 23:35:03

Now Nogova has been completed, well the designed 5 missions but there would be still room for more.

But so far, the PMC Ranger Campaign seems to be complete. 20 missions, five on each of the islands.

This campaign keeps up the same design standard as PMC Fury which means full briefing, overview and cutscenes. I believe most of these ranger missions however do have starting cutscene and ending cutscene, but you all know how my cutscenes suck so ...

Now I'm just wondering... to begin testing or hmm ;)

btw tommei - I'm up for coop missions anytime, just catch me on IRC quakenet at #ofpec or #ballistic-studios channels. If you cant somehow get to IRC (sounds weird but some people cant) then I just dont know how to setup a game as I dont run dedicated internet server anymore - just private stuff when someone is playing with me.

Oh this COOP invite goes for everyone in this forum :)

tommei
Recruit

Post by tommei » 2003-04-29 07:16:27

Try NG alt.games.operation-flashpoint. MP games are quite often announced there. ;)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-05-02 13:39:33

Somewhat bad news... as BAS released the MH-47E Chinook while ago I had already created most of the ranger missions. Now I went back and changed the BIS blackhawk into BAS MH-47E and of course the cutscenes with closeups took a immediate hit along with BASIC testing.

At this moment some if not all cutscenes need some camera adjustments and all helo insertion missions need to be re-tested that I didn't miss anything.

I hope this wont take too long.