PMC Missions

OFP general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

ghostbearco

PMC Missions

Post by ghostbearco » 2002-08-08 22:33:35

Ive been playing through the single missions by Snake_Man for the past couple of days and just wanted to mention that they are really good fun and some of them are really challanging (Colonel Hunt anyone!). There is some great ideas here for new mission builders if they are interested.

Just a note to Snake_Man. Could you please make sure you put end triggers in all of your missions. Beachhead and the defend the runway mission lacks them and I spent an hour hunting elusive Russians on runway only to find they were already dead and the mission just had not finished yet. Silly me. Please keep the good work coming.

Ghostbear CO. WallisD

Snake_Man

Re: PMC Missions

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-08-09 00:52:13

Hey thanks for the nice comments!

I'll try to update the single mission downloads someday and fix endings and "polish" them up a bit. Some of them are really old and lame with ugly briefings and such things...

btw I was building one mission just before Resistance came out where there is NATO and Russian air/vehicle/infantry forces fighting in everon, trying to capture Montignac. Then you as player were resistance guy armed with only AK-47 + few AT weapons, but NATO was your ally and they supplied your forces with few Stinger missiles also so that you can try to bring down Russian helos.

The mission uses the dynamic unit creation script and basically it runs for a long time with lot of fighting. Of course the bad thing is that those gazillion tank wrecks in the battefield after a while starts to lag the game pretty nicely. Maybe some balancing is in order ;)

I should polish that mission up and post to the downloads someday.

Anyways thanks for the nice words and I'll try to keep some life in the single mission department here in the future.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2002-08-30 19:40:34

Finally the basic PMC single missions are upgraded.

Nothing dramatic has happened to them, I've preserved the original mission, mostly its briefing work, more radio comms (no sound files though) and to make sure the mission ending triggers and objectives are set correctly.

Check them out http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/missions.php

You'll find the updated missions to be with the "new" icon. I'll try to add couple of new missions there too, PMC Conflict and PMC POW Camp would be good candidates which are both build for our LAN/multiplayer ops :)

ghostbearco

Post by ghostbearco » 2003-04-04 12:03:16

Thank you for updating those missions, I will give them a run through A.S.A.P.

I especially enjoyed playing the original Strike Eagle on a LAN with friends. providing fire support in the Apache for a group a M1A1 tanks, that was awesome fun. Strangly enough I can pass Strike Eagle without to much trouble by myself but add in some Human Allies and it all seems to go crazy. Too much time spent pulling friendly butts out of the fire maybe?

Sincerly,
Wallis DelVillar

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-04-21 09:42:14

Aug 30th, 2002 I promised to update the missions page... well here is the update :)

Quite few missions got added there, but I'm so afraid that there are some mistakes in them still - I tried to clean and polish them up but you never know.

If you find any errors or bugs etc on these missions, please post here and I'll try to fix them asap.

New single missions can be found at http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/missions.php

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-10-10 06:09:31

Two more missions added into the missions page, both of these use BAS JAM2 and Blackhawk addons.

PMC Nemesis is designed for two squads COOP against the Russian AI forces in western Nogova, objectives is to capture several key cities from them. Basic infantry stuff backed up by Blackhawks.

PMC Metro is highly random, large and long standard infantry battle in the Nogova desert. The battlefield ranges from airbase, vidlakov and petrovice to the base. You'll be US squad leader and there is lot of AI fighting each other off in the area. You have ammo drop available from helicopter if/when you run out of ammo in the field. This mission is designed not to lag and hopefully it works even on dedicated server.

If anyone finds bugs on either one of these missions, please let me know and I'll try to fix them. Enjoy.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-11-19 21:19:51

Last night Mad Fred and I had a great time playing the PMC Shitty Sember mission found here http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/download ... er-PMC.zip

It was a long night of COOP, there was lot to do and it was not over that quickly. Check out this screenshot of the mission end.
http://www.pmctactical.org/ofp/PMCscree ... 9_2003.jpg

sn1per

Post by sn1per » 2003-11-23 12:34:42

in your 3 NAM command MP missions, then you select an LZ the helos just hover over it and dont land. This doesnt happen in the 2 SP missions

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2003-11-23 14:11:41

in your 3 NAM command MP missions, then you select an LZ the helos just hover over it and dont land.  This doesnt happen in the 2 SP missions
Yeah I recall having something like that in our own MP sessions, I'll see what can be done about it.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-07-24 12:43:01

PMC Escape - mission added to the missions page today.

Download it directly from here - 15kb.

Addons required, BAS Delta/Ranger, MH-60 Blackhawks, JAM2 was about it.

In this mission you are prisoner or war in the russian hands, its early in the morning and you got this eary feeling...

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2005-11-24 09:06:04

PMC Missions page was just updated with the PMC Rattler missions. These are:

PMC Fight Video Desert - The big west vs east cutscene fight. download here

PMC Gunship Assault - Your Apache hunter killer team will assault enemy airbase where strong armored vehicle defense is located. download here

PMC Hercules Rescue - You are commander of the rescue teams / helos, you task is to locate downed C-130 and rescue all survivors from the crash site. download here

PMC Valley Escape - Your Ranger team is under heavy fire, you are to evacuate your positions, hold off the enemy attacks until the extract helo arrives. download here

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-03-28 17:50:50

PMC Missions page has been updated.

PMC Metro - updated! - is highly random, large and long standard infantry battle in the Nogova desert. The battlefield ranges from airbase, vidlakov and petrovice to the base. You'll be US squad leader and there is lot of AI fighting each other off in the area. You have ammo drop available from helicopter if/when you run out of ammo in the field. This mission is designed not to lag and hopefully it works even on dedicated server. Download here

This new updated version uses JAM2, Bn880 tracer's and bas Blackhawks.