Personal apologies to all PMC tactical designers.

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Dee-Jay
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Personal apologies to all PMC tactical designers.

Post by Dee-Jay » 2011-09-08 17:35:31

Hi … I’m “Dee-Jay" from the BMS team.

I’ve took the responsibility to modify and converting PMC Tactical Theatres without asking permission to original developers… Currently … these “converted” theatres are no more available and I’m waiting for approval to continue the work on automated installers.

Change it about converting UI to the new one (new functionalities), fixing/polishing UI stuffs like Country flags, Videos, Team & country name, consistencies with Campaigns Scenarios etc… adding new BMS database (required for the “Dynamic Bingo” = AI computing it’s own Bingo fuel), updating the mission.dat, texture for the new water effect etc… Lot of work has been done … but, without permission….

So …

I would like to present officially my personal apologies to all your team and original theatre designers … and hope that I’ve did not cause too much “harm” to their authors…

Be sure that it was not to steal their work… but to continue to enjoy those wonderful theatres on this new Falcon version…!

Of course … all that work remains your propriety and it will be up to you to continue that work, or not …

Awaiting for your decision … Thanks for your attention…

(And please, excuse my basic English, It’s not my native language…!)

Best regards

Dee-Jay

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Re: Personal apologies to all PMC tactical designers.

Post by Snake Man » 2011-09-08 17:54:35

Dee-Jay wrote:Hi … I’m “Dee-Jay" from the BMS team.
I’ve took the responsibility to modify and converting PMC Tactical Theatres without asking permission to original developers… Currently … these “converted” theatres are no more available and I’m waiting for approval to continue the work on automated installers.
I would like to present officially my personal apologies to all your team and original theatre designers … and hope that I’ve did not cause too much “harm” to their authors…
Thank you, PMC accepts your apology, very decent of you to show up and take care of this issue, appreciated.

As for theaters itself, our EULA is clear about not editing and releasing stuff without permission, this is because we don't want overlapping work to be done and end up with dozens of theater versions floating around in the community. If someone wants to develop a PMC theater, all they need to do is join our team or cooperate with us and then release is handled through official PMC release. PMC has never had any problems for adding compatibility to our theaters for any Falcon 4 versions, as long as its made with cooperation with us so the official installer includes these new compatibility edits.

For specifics on PMC theaters for BMS version, we need to open new topic.

Again thank you for coming here to sort this issue out, very nice to still see some people in the community who aren't shameless thief's.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Red Dog
Banned user

Post by Red Dog » 2011-09-09 08:37:12

Let me know what the plan is Snakeman.

I don't consider my navigation list being part of PMC at all, but establishing them needs a good terrain and specifics for each versions, Stuff that we have already (like the converstion of the stations.dat I always took care of for PMC) So that work is done already for ODS and Nevada. But there are mistakes I would like to see solved in both (minor in ODS - and major in Nevada )
I'm willing to get it done ASAP, just let me know what I can do about it
Have a Bandit day
Red Dog

tyrspawn
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by tyrspawn » 2011-09-15 03:18:09

I am not part of the BMS team - however I have been creating some video "how to" tutorials for their forums and am really into BMS. I am not affiliated with any group officially, I am also new to the sim and the community, having only started playing Allied Force about a year ago. I fly with a group of friends from a primarily Arma II community (unitedoperations.net). The reason why I was joining the forum was to ask for your assistance in converting the PMC OF Theaters to BMS.

You seem to indicate that you are fine with the theaters being converted to BMS, as long as they are released officially as PMC theaters and due credit is given. I can understand your position and respect it. I want to help facilitate that process. Would you be willing to check over Dee-Jay's work and then release the theater officially through PMC? We would naturally link it on the BMS forum, but the thread title/description/everything would be attributed to PMC. From what I understand Dee-Jay has already spent the time to convert the theaters and they are "good to go" so it is merely a matter of receiving your endorsement and quality control.

I believe this is extremely important for the community. Not only are they quality theaters which would benefit everyone - but it would also inspire other theater makers to get into action. You would also have the glory of releasing the first theaters, which would do great things for your name and community.

I believe Dee Jay will be cooperative to this process - and I think his lack of mastery of english is presenting a barrier which I might be able to help smooth out.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2011-09-15 05:12:49

Okay guys this topic has ran its course, issue is 100% resolved and all is fine. Now we continue the discussion in What's the proper procedure to convert PMC theaters for BMS? for the specific theater files editing stuff.

Also guys please do not email me about this anymore (quite few of you emailed me so far), I want all discussion to continue in forum here where anyone can participate.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Return to “Falcon 4 General”