Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

DoctorX
Recruit
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by DoctorX » 2009-06-18 00:55:40

Hey all-

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Some of you may know me from over at FreeFalcon. derStef dropped me a PM over there a few weeks ago inviting me over here to check out the joint. I was a little late in responding, but I promised I’d stop in.

I have dabbled to varying degrees of depth and success in modding Falcon, mainly centered on campaign creation. Most notably I created three new campaigns for RV that I released a few months back. I’ve also created a few 3-d models (which never made it into anything), and did some sound work with Bushmaster for a Global Falcon OF mod. I’ve also done some 2-d cockpit editing (although I never really enjoyed that) :mrgreen:

My current project is another Korean campaign; this one involving Russia as the main aggressor instead of the DPRK. It’s “done”, but I haven’t thoroughly tested it yet, and meanwhile FF5 has come out so I may have to do it all over again to make it compatible with that...

Currently, RL issues have temporarily kept me from spending as much time on Falcon as I usually do, so I might not be around much in the near future, but I will check in as often as I can to chip in whatever 2c I have to offer on any of your projects, or to seek out your advice on any of mine.

Anyhoo- just wanted to say hi. Nice place ya got here...

Cheers-
DRX

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: New member

Post by ccc » 2009-06-18 01:14:45

Welcome!

and looking forward to your new campaigns!

btw- could you post screenshots of your new 3d models and 2d pit?

DoctorX
Recruit

Post by DoctorX » 2009-06-18 03:16:22

Hey CCC! Thanks for the welcome.

Unfortunately there isn't much to show. The cockpit edits I did were mostly .dat file edits, not so much artwork - mainly just tweaking little issues like aligning the CCIP piper and making sure all the gages were properly zeroed.

As for the models, they weren't anything spectacular. Just some buildings I did for Sphynx's Europe project before he gave up on that. If anyone wants them I'll make them available (3ds format, low poly, and they aren't skinned or texmapped).

Mainly I'm more into the dull and unglamorous realm of data and numbers. I find it enjoyable, but it doesn't make for many good screenshots 8-)

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2009-06-18 03:33:15

i see..and glad to hear you working on data realism and campaigns.

again, looking forward to more data tweak and new camapigns - it's the core of falcon simming!

BTW - if you don't mind, please take a look and mod some campaign for Balkan and Aegean theater.. the two has more complete terrain/obj base.. they just need better, and fully working campaign. for FF/RV Balkan, my tests failed to reach an end of war.. just hanging halfway.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2009-06-18 06:56:55

DoctorX wrote:Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself.
Welcome to PMC Tactical forums, hope you have a nice stay here :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

derStef
Banned user
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by derStef » 2009-06-19 14:33:46

Welcome aboard Doctor X!

great that you joined us. just get a bit familiar here and check out some of the threads of your interest.

I'm looking forward to some good cooperation over here.

Rock on and cheers

regards

Stef

Return to “Falcon 4 General”