Red Flag Scenario: The Battle for Fulda (WIP)

Nevada theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Red Flag Scenario: The Battle for Fulda (WIP)

Post by Snake Man » 2009-07-10 15:05:07

Toonces and I tried to work on the campaign updates to make them as easy to install as possible, however in the nature of things right now that was not possible. So we decided that to hell with it, we'll just release them "as is", so now Toonces will come and re-release the links for those zips which are not normal PMC release quality, they are "AS IS" and nobody should report any bugs for PMC Theaters when running those updates.

Think of them as just bonus downloads if you want to try them out. They are NOT anything you should install to make official PMC theaters run better. So no bug reports for PMC official theater bug topics from them ok.

Enjoy the updates if you so choose to try them :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2009-07-10 17:27:15

Please read the entire post

A mod for the Nevada Theater by PMC Tactical is available for download.

This mod is a work in progress/beta version.

This mod is not "officially" supported by PMC Tactical, nor by Freefalcon. Any bugs/problems/issues should be reported here.

DO NOT POST BUGS IN THE OFFICIAL PMC NEVADA THEATER BUG REPORTING THREAD!

You use this mod at your own risk!

The Battle for Fulda mod simulates a Red Flag scenario based upon a fictional Warsaw Pact invasion of West Germany through the Fulda Gap. The Blue side is a variety of NATO aircraft, while the red side is USAF/USN Aggressor aircraft.

The mod should be compatible with both FF4 and FF5. In FF4, the ground war works, and the scenario can be fought to victory or defeat through the capture of objectives. In FF5, the ground war does not work, and the scenario ends at the beginning of DAY 4 by the trigger file.

The download includes:
save2.cam
save2.tri
scenario manual
aggressor skin pack

This mod is a beta version. I am releasing it, primarily, to allow folks to give it a try and, especially, to solicit feedback for future "official" releases. I can assure you, you will not fine better dogfighting action in the FF5 universe than you will find in Nevada!

Installation instructions:

1. Download and install the official PMC Nevada Theater version 0.4; link available here: http://www.pmctactical.org/foru...ic.php?t=21375

2. Download the Battle for Fulda mod into a separate (not your FF5 install) folder. Unzip it into a separate folder. Read the scenario notes that include the installation instructions and follow them!
Get the mod files here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21861

Post your comments, constructive criticism, and questions right here and I will do my best to help you.

Check six,
Toonces

Credit belongs to the original theater creaters at PMC Tactical, Derstef, Snakeman, Sherlock, ccc and others for their mentorship and help developing the theater. Special thanks to Hustler for providing the database that allowed me to build the campaign files, and to the FF5 developers for making this all possible.

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2010-06-01 11:29:06

Update on June 1, 2010.

I was able to get Nevada installed with some work into FF5.5. To get some theaters to work, an additional .exe edit is required that is still in beta-status, as well as some file edits. We're still working on figuring out precisely what is required.

The campaign seems to work with minimal DB conflicts, if any. My limited playtesting indicates that the campaign does not "work" as designed, but more testing is needed. Since this theater has been updated to version 0.5. Any additional work on this theater will likely be a rebuild of this theater in Nevada 0.5.

ranger822
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by ranger822 » 2011-03-27 17:00:27

Any new updates on this theater?

This a great candidate for a terrain and DB upgrade.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2011-03-28 02:25:47

ranger822 wrote:Any new updates on this theater?
This a great candidate for a terrain and DB upgrade.
compared with ITO2 mod, i think the Nevada DB workload is minimal.

the tough part are tile-making, terrain-tiling, obj-linking, then campaign-making.

Maybe Polak could modify his superb ITO2 tiles into nevada style, then ppl hand-tile the limited Nevada op/Red flag area.. that's the minimal, basic work for upgrading the mod.

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2011-03-28 13:31:14

The premise of the campaign/scenario is solid. The FF5.55 DB really needs no work beyond tweaking (if that) to play the campaign as written. The only DB edits that I would recommend, if any, would be to limit squadron stores to fit the timeframe of the campaign; eg. remove AMRAAMs and AIM-54s from the SSD's for jets that carry them.

The problem I have with this all of my campaigns for Nevada are: 1) the terrain/objectives in Nevada 0.5 do not match up with Nevada 0.4, so significant location/airbase changes are required, 2) the terrain has serious leveling issues rendering most of the airbases unusable in their current state.

I know a lot more about campaign development now, and I have no interest in reworking this campaign into a Nevada theater until the terrain is finalized.

But, in general, the ideas I have here are solid. I just need a finalized terrain and working terrain to get moving forward with this.