Re-tiling Nevada with Desert Storm tiles

Nevada theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

toonces
Brig. General

Re-tiling Nevada with Desert Storm tiles

Post by toonces » 2008-10-10 17:59:56

Hi all.

I apologize in advance if this is a total n00b thing to suggest, but...

Would it be possible to re-tile the Nevada theater using the tiles in the Desert Storm theater?

In my opinion, the tiles in the DS theater are quite nice, and look more 'realistic' than the tiles currently in the Nevada theater.

Vr,
Toonces

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-10-10 18:48:17

Yeah ODS tiles look much nicer, there is also huge errors on the Nevada tiles so that also makes the theater look horrible.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2008-10-11 16:56:59

Ok, let me ask my question again :lol:

If it is possible to install the ODS tiles into the Nevada installation, would any of you gurus be willing to update Nevada with those tiles?

That in and of itself would improve the theater greatly. I know alot of folks would enjoy a working Nevada theater.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-10-11 23:44:15

toonces wrote:If it is possible to install the ODS tiles into the Nevada installation
No.
would any of you gurus be willing to update Nevada with those tiles?
No.
That in and of itself would improve the theater greatly. I know alot of folks would enjoy a working Nevada theater.
To not to be totally negative, don't worry, Nevada Theater will be texture tile updated in due time. I just cannot give you any dates. It would help if you ask around if anyone wants to do some photoshop texture tile work for us, then we would get the terrain tiles updated much quicker.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2008-10-12 03:27:58

Ok, copy that.

I was thinking (wrongly) that when you tile a theater, you point it to a file and it plugs it in...so, say, when tiling Nevada you say "for desert1 look at file a, desert2 look at file b, mountain1, file c, etc...and you could just sub in the ODS file a,b,c in the Nevada theater.

Speaking for myself, I'm quite happy with Nevada as it is, but if it was simple to plug in the ODS tiles, I was thinking we should do it.

I'd offer to work on the tiles myself, but I'm such a n00b at photoshop that I doubt I'd be much use.

Thanks for the responses Snakeman!