Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Widowmaker
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Screenies involving skins/theater

Post by Widowmaker » 2001-04-02 21:04:00

1 pic shows my favorite skin alltime
I want this squadron included anyway..( Image)
(gotta be really or I flip..lol)

2 pic is the german mig29 I wnat this one in for several reasons but most of all the fact that there is a good pit/mod for it

3 Su 25 just a thought...

4 Mig 25 Foxbat very nice skin

5-6 Viper in dogfight
wich lead to my question...how do I alter the dogfightskins
for instance I want an F16 agressor instead of Shark
what are the ofsets for Shark in relation to the offset for /te/campaign falcon ofsets ...can I expect paletta isues and ifso is their a way to overcome this (I remeber reading something like that )

I was plannning on altering the dogfight skins too for my theater
thinking of three agressors and ofcoarse the Thunderbird...are their any updates for this one..??
wanna change the colorpatches in UI too

Widowmaker aka Metalhead

[This message has been edited by Widowmaker (edited April 03, 2001).]
Widmak

ccc
Chief of Staff

Re: Screenies involving skins/theater

Post by ccc » 2001-04-03 04:27:00

Oh Iceland gets its own section! Image

my 2c here:
1.Widmker, I'll get pic and mission textures in Harpoon97 concering Iceland for you, so you can plan something.
2.ya, those are nice skins..but for Iceland, land-based old mig29s cant reach there from Norway bases. the only mig29 can reach there probably upgraded ones, or mig29K.
3.mig25 seems unable to reach Iceland, from Norway or russian land bases too. I remember mig25 got no air-refueling capability, but mig31 is another thing. btw Basil's mig25 skin looks great, better for centeral Europe.
4.surely su25 cant reach the theater from land-bases, they got to be carrier-based. In this case Naval camo sounds more reasonable.
5. AFAIR, in Harpoon97, the ony things can threaten Keflavik from European land bases are large bombers and SU24. Even su27 got to be conservative on fuel/ammo when based on Norway. Of course, carrier-based wings is another thing. In the typical Cold War gaming in Harpoon97, we send F15/F4 CAP +E3 over the north atlantic, to stop badgers and backfires once detected. dunno if this theater trying to simulate this.
6.no idea how Iceland look like, all grass? all ice? current screenshots reflect the real thing? any briefing? Undoubtedly its TILES decide the mood of simming.
7.got SkinEditor2 and some vipers skins, you can edit f4p files to swap dogfight skins. very easy.

Widowmaker
Lt. General

Post by Widowmaker » 2001-04-03 16:19:00

Well we got three campaigns

so I could be able to please every idea to an extend

1 campaign I will try to be as realistic as possible

in the other two I might me wanna give the USSR a base from wich to launch flights
probably Mig29 Su27 on this base and heavy air defense after they quickly modified a comercial airbase for military use..

I'm also planning on airbases at the edge of the theater for big bombers to be launched from.
yet still got to experimentr with this as I dont want fighters from Iceland to launch attackflights to them..
so no refuelers.,...anyone has answers on this one..??

here a question...if US would have a (fictional) base at the edge of the lower east corner with b1b on them (or b52)
would it launch flights to a USSR base in the upper west part of the map??
If unclear I can ilustrate this with a picture

and the cariers ofcoarse....they will be represented in all the camapiagns I guess

With good campaign stories one could get some
variation in the camapigns

yet at least one should be historical correct
as much as possible

CCC why dont you work out a campaign wich can be done right now with current falcon resources...
I would be happy to include it
I guess the historical one would be best in your hands..

Yet all has no hurry as I'm not yet ready
to plan any campaign as object are not placed yet..will do this within the next few weeks..
and then I'll have to make my first campaign....Snakeman expect some questions... Image

Widmak
Widmak

Widowmaker
Lt. General

Post by Widowmaker » 2001-04-03 17:07:00

Tried skineditor2 very nice program indeed

yet is there an updated Alias.ini and or Group.ini for it.

Widmak
Widmak

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2001-04-04 04:41:00

widmkr, from the maps you post, seems landmass occupies much theater space. in this way, campaign ideas limited to amphibious landing/ground war.
i dunno if 128 map works, if 128 seg map could include more ocean space(wont increase tiling labor), then it would be a suitable one for anti-ship gaming(like that in Harpoon97).
well, if not, then the game will be set on the island itself..will there be lots ground troops from both sides? AFAIK, NATO/US did not send too many ground units there, and USSR amphibious forces probably limited in 2 divisions?

Widowmaker
Lt. General

Post by Widowmaker » 2001-04-04 06:43:00

This will be the map ccc is their really not enough water....
please explain why...

widmak
Widmak

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2001-04-04 08:12:00

hehe..widmak, ever play Harpoon97?
based on Keflavik, US a/c can strike incoming fleets, or intercept incomming bobmers to the mid of North altantic.

no, im not asking for more water. just want to point you that, if Russian fleet getting in this close to Iceland, US a/c on Keflavik probably toasted...surely we can send some carrier group to join the game around the island.

he, terrains always the first.

Widowmaker
Lt. General

Post by Widowmaker » 2001-04-04 17:22:00

Well I never new about it...thanx for the mail though the map is quiote big the it will prbably exceed the 256 map for falcon

yet the textfile is good information indeed

well we see how the carriers will manage to survive...

yep first the terain...will keep me busy for a while

widmak
Widmak