F4AF Mission editor ODS?

Operation Desert Storm theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

kcb

F4AF Mission editor ODS?

Post by kcb » 2008-07-08 05:37:09

So I used ODS 0.7 (F4 AF) and tried to make my own mission, but when I tried to open that mission a pop up would appear and tell me the mission is in the wrong folder and move it to the Korean folder, and if I try to open it from there again it tells me its in the wrong folder? Whats going on? I cannot open a mission I made in the mission editor of ODS?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2008-07-08 15:16:57

I havent used the TE that much so I cant say what might be wrong. Hopefully someone has an answer.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Pallbearer-FB-VFW
Recruit

Post by Pallbearer-FB-VFW » 2008-07-09 19:48:59

Well I might shed some light on this for you..Sounds like somethings fubarred with the install of the theater itself, because I have had and used ODS version 7 since release and write TEs constantly useing it and they all save correctly and allow me to edit them as they should, and fly perfectly..Maybe try to reinstall the theater first changeing over to regular Korea Original before installing ODS 7.. Then go into Falcon interface and change over to ODS and try then..Hope this helps some..PB

regie27m
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: Modeling

Re: F4AF Mission editor ODS?

Post by regie27m » 2009-01-24 18:43:34

same thing happens on me except its my save game on mission, i use AF too, it says my save file have come from Desert Storm Theater and that i should press OK to put it in proper folder(or something like that..) even when i am already in desert storm theater and in fact had only just save the game from their...

i hope someone can help me since i like this theater more than any, its the only war i've really seen in tv :D :roll: i mean its our war (not vietnam, or korea or etc.)

thanks in advance
thank you too for activating my account :P :P

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2009-01-24 19:22:08

Could someone get a screenshot of this error dialog?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

regie27m

Post by regie27m » 2009-01-25 04:21:30

sorry sir but i don't know how to get screen shot, so figure i'll just post the entire words it flush: THE SAVE FILE CAMPAIGN ORIGINATES FROM THE DESERTSTORM THEATER.PRESS OK TO HAVE THE FILE MOVED TO THE APPROPRIATE FOLDER AND THEN SWITCH TO THE DESERTSTORM THEATER USING THE BATTLEFIELD OPTIONS..., this is a file i just save after playing desertstorm and naturally im on desertstorm battlefield.And even if you press OK the save file would move to korea then from there you get the same error I check also the other two campaign its the same.

Basically any save file you make you cannot load. :(

i 'm using pure Falcon AF, i do hope you can figure this out as i 'm still with this theater and for all AF users too :D

thank you and may you have all the resources you need in building another fine theater

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Post by Sherlock » 2009-01-25 04:35:55

regie27m wrote:sorry sir but i don't know how to get screen shot, so figure i'll just post the entire words it flush: THE SAVE FILE CAMPAIGN ORIGINATES FROM THE DESERTSTORM THEATER.PRESS OK TO HAVE THE FILE MOVED TO THE APPROPRIATE FOLDER AND THEN SWITCH TO THE DESERTSTORM THEATER USING THE BATTLEFIELD OPTIONS..., this is a file i just save after playing desertstorm and naturally im on desertstorm battlefield.And even if you press OK the save file would move to korea then from there you get the same error I check also the other two campaign its the same.

i 'm using pure Falcon AF, i do hope you can figure this out as i 'm still with this theater and for all AF users too :D

thank you and may you have all the resources you need in building another fine theater
regie27m,
I am downloading the ODS 0.7 theater on my pc right now. I will investigate what you did and see if I can duplicate your problem. Stand by. I will post back here when I have taken a look at it.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2009-01-25 04:56:14

@regie27m,

Do you also have the older version of Falcon 4 installed (or a variation of it such as Open Falcon or Red Viper (FreeFalcon))? It would most likely be under a folder called \Microprose\Falcon if you used the default install path.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2009-01-25 05:58:28

regie27m wrote:sorry sir but i don't know how to get screen shot, so figure i'll just post the entire words it flush: THE SAVE FILE CAMPAIGN ORIGINATES FROM THE DESERTSTORM THEATER.PRESS OK TO HAVE THE FILE MOVED TO THE APPROPRIATE FOLDER AND THEN SWITCH TO THE DESERTSTORM THEATER USING THE BATTLEFIELD OPTIONS..., this is a file i just save after playing desertstorm and naturally im on desertstorm battlefield.And even if you press OK the save file would move to korea then from there you get the same error I check also the other two campaign its the same.

@kcb & regie27m,
I could not reproduce your error in ODS, Iraqi Freedome or Persian Eagle theaters for Desert Storm. I created a new te in each one and saved it. Then I exited AF and came back in (for each) and ran the te. No problems here.

Are you running AF with Administrative (Administrator) permissions on your account? If not, then that could be the cause of your error message.

Have you checked to see if your campaign folders are set to "READ ONLY"? Check that by going to the following folder paths:

\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\DesertStorm\campaign\DesertStorm1
\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\DesertStorm\campaign\DesertStorm2
\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\DesertStorm\campaign\DesertStorm3

right-click on each one, then select "Properties". See if the "Read Only" box is checked toward the bottom of the screen. If it is checked then uncheck it.

If the above things are not the problem then have you tried uninstalling the ODS theater and reinstalling yet? To uninstall do the following:

1. Back up any TEs or saved campaigns you want to save by manually copying them to a backup folder elsewhere on your hard drive. They will be located in one (or all) of the following folders:

\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\DesertStorm\campaign\DesertStorm1
\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\DesertStorm\campaign\DesertStorm2
\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters\DesertStorm\campaign\DesertStorm3

2. Go to path \Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations and find the "theater.lst" file. Open the file in notepad.exe utility (text editor). Find the entries

Theaters\DesertStorm\DesertStorm1.tdf
Theaters\DesertStorm\DesertStorm2.tdf
Theaters\DesertStorm\DesertStorm3.tdf

and delete them. Don't remove anything else. Save the "theater.lst" file before you exit (but after you deleted the 3 entries).

3. Go into the folder \Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\Theaters and delete the folder "DesertStorm".

Reinstall the ODS theater. Don't do anything until the installer says it is done (the "Finish" button will appear I think).

Try your TEs again and let us know what happens.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

regie27m

Post by regie27m » 2009-01-25 12:56:10

sir sherlock still no dice, i've done all that you says: 1. change all desertstorm folders unchecking read only file attribs (same error..) 2. change to administrative(same error..) 3. uninstall then install ODS( same error)...
im using Falcon 4.0 AF without any patch- or should i apply the 1.013 patch?
problem/error: cannot open any save file that i made in TE and in Campaign or any place i maybe... it seems the system just transfer the save files to some folders or something

but i did some campaign in korea and balkans those campaign set and all save files i made works fine

then again thank you very much for all your support
more power to you and to this team

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2009-01-25 15:57:31

regie27m wrote:sir sherlock still no dice, i've done all that you says: 1. change all desertstorm folders unchecking read only file attribs (same error..) 2. change to administrative(same error..) 3. uninstall then install ODS( same error)...
im using Falcon 4.0 AF without any patch- or should i apply the 1.013 patch?
problem/error: cannot open any save file that i made in TE and in Campaign or any place i maybe... it seems the system just transfer the save files to some folders or something

but i did some campaign in korea and balkans those campaign set and all save files i made works fine

then again thank you very much for all your support
more power to you and to this team
Yes, you should apply the 1.013 patch because it corrects bugs in AF (but I doubt it will solve your problem). I did my testing on AF with 1.013 patch installed.

Are you using MS Vista Home/Premium/etc. or are you using MS Windows XP Home/Pro? How many other theaters besides Korea/Balkans and ODS are you running (if any)?
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

regie27m

Post by regie27m » 2009-01-26 08:39:50

im using Home Premium Vista, core2 duo Go7600
still problem on save...
No more theater installed other than ODS and those Korea/Balkans theater vanilla

thank you

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2009-01-26 16:35:02

regie27m wrote:im using Home Premium Vista, core2 duo Go7600
still problem on save...
No more theater installed other than ODS and those Korea/Balkans theater vanilla

thank you
Ok, you are PROBABLY experiencing what is called a UAC (User Account Control) problem. Take a look at this and try it. See if anything changes. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931277

Any of you guys out there running Vista that can help hm out please chime in. I am not running VIsta and have very little experience with it.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

regie27m

Post by regie27m » 2009-01-27 05:39:07

still no dice... i checked the User control, i,ve taken administrative full control.. still same error

i hope someone help me please :( :(

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”