A few ideas

Operation Desert Storm theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

SUBS17
Recruit

A few ideas

Post by SUBS17 » 2007-04-27 23:09:38

After having played around with ODS heres a few things that might make ODS a bit better.
1/ Separate main screen like ODS for OF
2/ Complete Trainning TEs like Korea
3/ ability to function like Korea for dogfights, quick missions etc
4/ theatre uninstaller for when future versions are made.

These are some of the things I found when comparing to Janes F/A-18 Iraq theatre.

Atze

Post by Atze » 2008-02-29 16:43:35

@subs17:
I think having read that the campaign makers don't want to make TEs because editing desert storm for now 3 falcon versions (OF,RV and AF) is very much work. Also there are many things to do in the campaign itself, i.e. ground unit movement (even in AF you can hardly get them to move even if you control them manually).

One suggestion for campaign:
- we could need a campaign like black phoenix, but without iran involved (a bit more difficult like desert storm). It would be fun just to add more iraqi squadrons across the theater to make the enemy more challenging - the ground could remain as it is.
Or better, if someone could give a list what I need, maybe this would be my first editing experience :D

Weapon questions:
In RV, my Vipers only can load AIM9 - didn't they have Sparrows in 1991, too (I only know they did not have AMRAAMs)?
The same question about GBU's, I only can load Dumb Bombs.

Beside that, my PAK-map is broken - I see the background image of iraq, but the zones have a wrong scale and I cannot select them (only a minor issue for me).

But I want to say, what a very cool theater this is for me and thanks for the latest improvemens like the UI and the installer in RV and AF. eep up the good work :mrgreen:

Atze

Found out for myself...

Post by Atze » 2008-04-02 15:43:54

After having read Vipers In The Storm I now can answer the earlier weapon related questions:

Because the first Targeting Pods where given to F-15E squadrons, the Vipers delivered mainly dumb bombs.

Because the Viper pilots where not allowed to chase enemy aircraft, it's clear that they where not equipped with Sparrows.

I would be pleased if anyone could add some more facts, it is really hard to gather such information about F-16s in Desert Storm.

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”