Still alive ,,, How's everyone?

Operation Desert Storm theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

RobC_F4
Recruit

Still alive ,,, How's everyone?

Post by RobC_F4 » 2003-09-03 20:45:00

Hi All

Just a quick note to let you all know that I have not packed my newest 'lappy, ODS 512, a few cases of beer, cool blond :) and headed for "Spain" ... hehehe ...

RL has kept me incredibly busy over the last two weeks (have to move back to "city" life soon) - things that never should have dragged out have. And I have had a touch of the Flu as well, oh and add to that I bashed my brand new Subaru on Monday. :( Sheesh ..

Even worse: this "nachi.worm" virus thingie has all but screwed up our otherwise good company Internet connection. At least temporarily. I manage the odd post on Frugals every now and again. And of course the LOMAC demo that never happened, I am sure we all wanted to see it :D

So I look forward to contributing again real soon. Kind regards to all!

- Rob
ESRI ArcGIS ßeta Tester
F4 SuperPAK ßeta Tester

"Promoting the use of GIS"

87th_striker
Brig. General

Re: Still alive ,,, How's everyone?

Post by 87th_striker » 2003-09-04 05:41:00

Good to hear, Rob !

kinggeorge
Major

Post by kinggeorge » 2003-09-04 18:26:00

Same here with work... :)

Doc
Recruit

Post by Doc » 2003-09-08 18:05:00

Sorry to hear about the car.. My brother had an accident too, with his new car.. So I can understand how you feel..

Anyway, it's good to hear that your spirit is up and you will be having a new rig. I can only tell you one thing: Falcon will never be the same!... ;)

RobC_F4
Recruit

Post by RobC_F4 » 2003-09-09 12:21:00

Thanks for all the "car condolences".

Actually not that bad - I am used to driving a "SUV / Pickup" where we live and traded that in on the brand new Sooby about end July. Sooby is great to drive after a truck BUT sh*t it's low and I accidently went of the edge of one of our asphalt roads, which are OK, but the verges are full of rocks and cr8p so ended up whacking that HUGE piece of nylon that makes up about 80% of the lower front of an Impreza ... Plus screwed up a brand new Michellin and the Mag ... My main concen was not the stuffed "eye candy" but whether I had done the "mechanics" any harm. Anyhow, got into town to have it checked out yesterday - no mechanical damage. Filed an insurance claim to have the "pretty bits" fixed. Thank God for insurance, I could build a really top of the range rig with what that lots going to cost.

But I guess you are still allowed to be pi88ed of with yourself for doing such a dumb thing with only a 1000 KM on the clock, no? :( Should have it by Wednesday 10 .. Try to get Falcon & ODS 512 up by "911" so I can go pay the ME my USA "respects" :D

On a more serious note: To all the USA folk out there, as yet another Anniversary of that terrible day approaches, my wife, self and daughter's thoughts and Prayers will be with you all, especially if you lost loved ones. God Bless. MAY THIS NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

We were due to fly to CA that same week (Saturday September 15 IIRC) for a job interview, I had been offered a post at ESRI (worlds biggest GIS company) in Redlands, CA, working in their software R&D labs. So in a small way, it was a "personal" thing for us as well. My USA flag will be up in my office on Thursday, even though I have been "ordered" (bah!) to remove it on previous occassions.

Kind regards - Rob
ESRI ArcGIS ßeta Tester
F4 SuperPAK ßeta Tester

"Promoting the use of GIS"

Alicatt
Recruit

Post by Alicatt » 2003-09-14 23:38:00

Hey Rob
Sorry to hear about your new car, I know you thought long about it before buying it too.
My brother has just picked up his new Prodrive Impreza WRX STI :D

kinggeorge
Major

Post by kinggeorge » 2003-09-16 06:57:00

hey it doesnt go over 240 ;)
Very powerful car nevertheless... but frankly.. it doesnt look too good from a design side.. .to say the least ;)

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”