Future of ODS

Operation Desert Storm theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Ender Wiggin
Colonel

Future of ODS

Post by Ender Wiggin » 2003-09-21 13:29:00

Whats to become of ODS, (and all theatres) now that Snakeman's retired, indeed, its a sad day, i hope he seriously reconsiders.

RobC_F4
Recruit

Re: Future of ODS

Post by RobC_F4 » 2003-09-21 20:24:00

Hi Ender

Like I said in my "Thank You" in the "Terrain" Topic my personal wish is that with this new BMS development we may see the SP3/VO/BMS EXE's "merged" into one - finally.

If that happens (and fast as well!) Snake might want to come back (unless he really feels like being out of Falcon entirely, I am in the middle of major "career changes" myself, with all the RL stuff that goes with that and won't even have the time to work on the ODS Campaign stuff 'till prolly around end October, so I feel like I need to "leave" myself!) but in the meantime I guess it's up to us to try "hold the fort!"

Sad day :(

Regards - Rob
ESRI ArcGIS ßeta Tester
F4 SuperPAK ßeta Tester

"Promoting the use of GIS"

Ender Wiggin
Colonel

Post by Ender Wiggin » 2003-09-21 23:56:00

Indeed, its been bugging me that RL issues may bother my Falcon development, and its tough to even let go, i think this will be the bridge, and we'll be together as one.

Zaggy
Colonel

Post by Zaggy » 2003-09-23 10:31:00

The BMS exe is an evolution of the SP3 exe, and 'apparently' does and WILL retain full compatibility with SP3/4 data... The VO guys have been invited to help develop the BMS exe, so if all is well, the VO changes may well show up in the next BMS exe... Barring factional flame wars and ego battles...

As for ODS, i guess it depends on if someone is willing to step up and take the place of Snakeman and manage the project, assuming the rest of the ODS team wishes to continue without him!
Daniel "Zaggy" Bell
Old-School, Grumpy and Anti-Social
Also to be found lurking round FighterOps

Ender Wiggin
Colonel

Post by Ender Wiggin » 2003-09-23 12:03:00

Would be interesting to see what the BMS exe will look like with VO edits, as for the flames, people can get over themselves, maybe Snakeman will change his mind and come back to Falcon.

Zaggy
Colonel

Post by Zaggy » 2003-09-23 14:21:00

Well one would HOPE that is what would happen, but im not holding my breath... Lets face it, the Falcon community has been having these little Factional wars since the eF/RP days. Its all ego driven, stubborness and jealousy.

I hope BMS can ignore the flames and get stuck in, with the assistance of the VO guys. I doubt all the flamers and doubters will refuse to use a superior exe when its done!
Daniel "Zaggy" Bell
Old-School, Grumpy and Anti-Social
Also to be found lurking round FighterOps

kinggeorge
Major

Post by kinggeorge » 2003-09-24 05:59:00

At the moment i dont have time too... i'm on the uni from 8 am to 9 pm... :/ It wont change that much till x-mas :(

RobC_F4
Recruit

Post by RobC_F4 » 2003-09-25 09:19:00

quote:Originally posted by Zaggy:
Well one would HOPE that is what would happen, but im not holding my breath... Lets face it, the Falcon community has been having these little Factional wars since the eF/RP days. Its all ego driven, stubborness and jealousy.

I hope BMS can ignore the flames and get stuck in, with the assistance of the VO guys. I doubt all the flamers and doubters will refuse to use a superior exe when its done!
Well as a former "VO" Beta Tester (not Developer / Coder) I can assure you there was lot's of passion for what we were doing. And some damm good fixes. From what I can understand, the VO Dev's are "wary" of becoming involved with BMS because of what I like to call the "Claude Factor" (IOW G2i).

I hope these people can ignore the flames, call a truce, merge this stuff for once and for all ...

Otherwise, I will (when RL gives me a break, hopefully by October some time!) be staying with VO Exe Build 30511 and ODS 512's many Campaigns that need work (and I need to learn). And of course, LOMAC could be released by Christmas so that we can have at least one, modern (ITO of O/S, DX9) "Plug 'n Play" Jet Sim for "entertainment" ...

Regards - Rob

PS: I am willing to hang in here for as long as it takes for Snake to come back or ODS to find "another leader". We cannot "replace" him, forget it - that personality :D
ESRI ArcGIS ßeta Tester
F4 SuperPAK ßeta Tester

RobC_F4
Recruit

Post by RobC_F4 » 2003-09-25 09:24:00

quote:Originally posted by kinggeorge:
At the moment i dont have time too... i'm on the uni from 8 am to 9 pm... :/ It wont change that much till x-mas :(
Hehehehe, KG, we can wait .... :D

Greetz - Rob
ESRI ArcGIS ßeta Tester
F4 SuperPAK ßeta Tester

kinggeorge
Major

Post by kinggeorge » 2003-09-27 08:49:00

I nearly lost it :) In the meantime you'll create some nice campaigns hehe ;)

Ender Wiggin
Colonel

Post by Ender Wiggin » 2003-09-27 22:29:00

quote:Originally posted by kinggeorge:
I nearly lost it :) In the meantime you'll create some nice campaigns hehe ;)
Id like to see that, I got some reference if you need it, maybe we can meet up on ICQ sometime? My # is 171685849

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”