Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Basher

Desert Storm

Post by Basher » 2001-02-14 21:20:00

Any projected date for this terrain?
Thanks for the reply.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Desert Storm

Post by Snake Man » 2001-02-14 21:25:00

quote:Originally posted by Basher:
Any projected date for this terrain?
Thanks for the reply.
No dates... and I hate that. I want so bad to get into the Iraqi airspace to drop some munitions. I've been reading the Every Man a Tiger by Chuck Horner/Tom Clancy.

I'm thinking that I should put out something for Desert Storm before the summer starts and my time gets very limited to work on terrains. So, no dates but you could expect at least somesort of candy before summer.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

waveshift

Post by waveshift » 2001-02-15 01:32:00

The work you have done so far is quite impressive. I think you should get paid for creating these scenarios. After all, we do live in a capitalist society.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2001-02-15 04:21:00

quote:Originally posted by waveshift:
The work you have done so far is quite impressive. I think you should get paid for creating these scenarios. After all, we do live in a capitalist society.
Bah no money. Just some fun flying the theater.

I think I posted somewhere earlier that mostly I build these theaters to MYSELF. If other people enjoy them... great, if not... I enjoy them Image

Anyways I think what makes Falcon 4 modifications so great is that they are FREE. People are doing this to the love of the sim and not as "work" that they get paid.

But lets stick to the subject, Desert Storm first beta could be out in very little time because the lessons learned building Vietnam (and F4ME + helping others), of course there would be alot of cosmetic things but the main point of the theater would be pretty OK. The most time consuming work is terrain tiling, I noticed that the theater has totally different look/feel when terrain is 100% tiled (vietnam).

PMC TFW
Snake Man

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

BadMoon

Post by BadMoon » 2001-02-16 06:24:00

Waveshift is right, you should get paid, the screen shots are are awsome. As a Desert Storm vet, I can't wait to make this virtual deployment. Money? Perhaps not. However, all should pay homeage to your efforts. All hail Snakeman creater of worlds...keep up the good work!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2001-02-16 13:29:00

quote:Originally posted by BadMoon:
Waveshift is right, you should get paid, the screen shots are are awsome. As a Desert Storm vet, I can't wait to make this virtual deployment. Money? Perhaps not. However, all should pay homeage to your efforts. All hail Snakeman creater of worlds...keep up the good work!
Listen, this what you just wrote is enough "payment" for me, actual person who has "been there" gives a nice comments (even the theater is not ready yet) is extremely nice to hear.

Where were you stationed in Desert Storm if I can ask?

PMC TFW
Snake Man

PMC since 1984

Basher

Post by Basher » 2001-02-16 20:51:00

After today's air strikes, makes me all the more looking forward to the Desert Storm Theater.
By the way, I am also reading Tom Clancy's novel w/ Chuck Horner. Great reading.

Basher

Death_119
Lt Colonel

Post by Death_119 » 2001-02-16 21:58:00

yep i was so happy earing that Iraq is under attack. finaly bush was able to make is brain active cool Image

BadMoon

Post by BadMoon » 2001-02-17 06:16:00

I was,along with many others from european commands, on tdy to 22d SupComm based at King ABDUL AZIZ Port facility in Dammam Saudi Arabia. As such, I served with several different units from 180th trans Bn At the port to 3rd Army forward in Kuwait City. This from Jan.'91 to Jun '91. And from Jul.'91 to Nov'91 as Asst. Fire support Sgt.for 6th Bn 502d Inf. as part of a multi-national Allied Ground Combat Force based at Silopi, Turkey on the Iraqi,Turkish border. This unit was tasked with Patrolling and control of the the northern exclusion zone of Iraq, basicly,the no fly zone still in affect today, above the 33d parallel.
quote:Originally posted by Snake_Man:
Listen, this what you just wrote is enough "payment" for me, actual person who has "been there" gives a nice comments (even the theater is not ready yet) is extremely nice to hear.

Where were you stationed in Desert Storm if I can ask?

PMC TFW
Snake Man

[This message has been edited by BadMoon (edited February 17, 2001).]

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2001-02-17 11:01:00

Hmm the feeling of Desert Storm is back! Image

Black Wolf

Post by Black Wolf » 2001-02-19 20:33:00

quote:Originally posted by Snake_Man:
I've been reading the Every Man a Tiger by Chuck Horner/Tom Clancy.
i've read it too: good book. Have you also read Smallwood 'Flying the F15E in the Gulf War"? I think it could be great to design some TE missions...
Regards
BW

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”