Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

toonces
Brig. General

Re: Year of the Rat Campaign

Post by toonces » 2009-07-18 20:19:49

ccc wrote:nice screenies :D :D

just too much work left to make a better vnam package.. in every field. :(
What do you mean? You're not giving up on me are you?

When they get the refueling thing with the A-6s figured out (oh, and that pesky ground movement thing), dude, this theater is going to rock so hard it's not even funny. And that new A-7? Wow!

derStef
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by derStef » 2009-07-23 19:19:25

mate, i think CCC is relating to that the terrain and objects must be fixed first...
toonces i REALLY like what you are doing here, and i hate to be the nagging biatch, but we really should get concentrated on the terrain and object issues first...my OOOOOOLD speech....but still true...

we (the community) have seen enough nice mods over the years, but no one really got in to fix the real hard stuff... building a campaign or skins is a easy task compared to that NECCESSARY task...

...but why am I telling you that, you sure know that..
cheers

Stef

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2009-07-24 12:47:23

derStef wrote:we (the community) have seen enough nice mods over the years, but no one really got in to fix the real hard stuff... building a campaign or skins is a easy task compared to that NECCESSARY task...
Then why don't you do it?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2009-07-24 13:56:02

Stef,
No worries man.

I started working on the links and objectives, but to be honest, until we crack the ground movement problems with FF5 I just don't see the point in getting heavy into that yet.

The units are in there as placeholders where I want them. When we're ready to move to the next level, I'll start working on the links and such so that the war can take place in accordance with my campaign ideas.

derStef
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Terrains

Post by derStef » 2009-07-24 18:32:31

Snake Man wrote:
derStef wrote:we (the community) have seen enough nice mods over the years, but no one really got in to fix the real hard stuff... building a campaign or skins is a easy task compared to that NECCESSARY task...
Then why don't you do it?
because I have already enough to do in Taiwan...mate... :roll: but i would if i had time...
toonces wrote:Stef,
No worries man.

I started working on the links and objectives, but to be honest, until we crack the ground movement problems with FF5 I just don't see the point in getting heavy into that yet.

The units are in there as placeholders where I want them. When we're ready to move to the next level, I'll start working on the links and such so that the war can take place in accordance with my campaign ideas.

my idea was to get the "important" areas linked and more populated.. when that works i would go over to the ground movement....

sure we need to crack the ground movement in FF5, but imho we should do that in our stock korea..

I hope you guys don't begin to hate me... :mrgreen:

Stef

Blackbird
1st Lt

Post by Blackbird » 2010-01-31 20:41:59

Any new on VN theater?

toonces
Brig. General

Post by toonces » 2010-02-02 02:59:09

I can't move forward until the final FF5.x DB is completed.

IMHO, Vietnam is going to need a total rebuild in the future. I'm interested in re-tiling it, and my understanding is that a total rebuild is required to do a re-tile.

Also, the theater as is, is too big.

Blackbird
1st Lt

Post by Blackbird » 2010-02-28 17:01:11

Thank you Toonces for the infor. Hope we will have the best Vn theater someday.