Aegean for BMS - First Release

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Phoenix711
Captain

Aegean for BMS - First Release

Post by Phoenix711 » 2011-10-29 13:30:55

Here is the release for BMS4.32

Not just a conversion. Water reflections and training range (KOTAR) has been added. V4 special objects have been removed for the first version, but will be added later. Installation is manual for the first release. But it is easy.

Click image for official PMC Aegean theater homepage

Here are the links.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EAHI162P
https://rapidshare.com/files/3222240395 ... or_BMS.rar
http://hotfile.com/dl/133661512/7e11369 ... S.rar.html

Enjoy.

Readme:

Code: Select all

-------------------------- I N F O  &  C R E D I T S ----------------------------

There is not much new about this Aegean BMS version. It has shiny water and training ranges and thats all. We have removed the special Aegean Objects (like Anitkabir, Bogazici bridges etc) for this version. 

All the same credits go to the credit holders, can be seen in the V4 document under the DOCS folder.
For the BMS conversion and shiny water we want to thank Naldo, and Red Dog for the ONC map, and all BMS and PMC staff who were very helpful at all stages in the development process.

You can find documentation and navigation volume under DOCS\Aegean folder.

---------------------------- I N S T A L L A T I O N ---------------------------

1. Create aegean folder under data\terrdata
2. Copy data\terrdata\objects folder to data\terrdata\Aegean. So you have a data\terrdata\Aegean\Objects folder and files in it, and "data\terrdata\Aegean\Objects\KoreaObj" folder under it. 
3. Copy DATA and DOCS folders in the extracted folder to your BMS root and answer YES for replace / merge.
4. Edit "Theater.lst" file with notepad, it is under Data\Terrdata\theaterdefinition 
Add the line:

terrdata/theaterdefinition/aegean.tdf

----------------------------  O P T I O N A L --------------------------------

If you want to use red icons for the Turkish side and blue icons for the Hellas side on the Tactical Map, yu need to copy contents of the "Optional Red-Blue-Flip\Resource" folder into DATA\ART\IDTHEATER\AEGEAN\ART\RESOURCE folder under your BMS root, and say YES to replace / merge.

---------------------  T R A I N I N G   R A N G E S -------------------------

There are a total of four (two for each side) training ranges in the map. You can find those by selecting "Installations/Other" from the tactical map.

-------------------------  C O N T A C T   I N F O ---------------------------

Even we use forums for communication about issues and anything with the Aegean theater users, you may want to contact us for any info or problems via e-mail too...

Contact Info:
<hidden>
<hidden>

Enjoy flying over the Aegean.
Last edited by Snake Man on 2011-10-31 21:42:29, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added readme, image and official homepage link.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Aegean for BMS - First Release

Post by Snake Man » 2011-10-29 14:42:27

Congrats with the release!

Oh btw do we need to update the theaters page aegean description (sorry don't have direct link, you have to scroll down) or is it still correct?

I added readme from the download into the first post, gives bit more info to readers.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Phoenix711
Captain

Post by Phoenix711 » 2011-10-29 15:52:37

Snakeman thanks.

In fact, the info there is completely regarding to another Aegean theatre, possibly doesn't exist any more.

Should I write the text so you can put it there for Aegean?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2011-10-29 16:30:52

Yes please :)

And sorry I completely forgot the official PMC Aegean theater page, this would really need an information upgrade. Could you please check it out (especially the image), then provide some information, perhaps bit background for the theater (campaigns, tiles) and developers etc.

I will then upgrade the page, link it properly to the previously mentioned full list of theaters page, so people easily find the information.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Phoenix711
Captain

Post by Phoenix711 » 2011-10-30 13:39:37

Here is the picture and the info.
--------------------------------------------

The Aegean theater project has been started for Open Falcon, and was a theater that introduced completely big areas that are google earth tiled, and 512 tiles for all the coverage.The city, plain, mountain and forest tiles all are made from google earth images, so it can be said that the theater has a terrain that is photorealistic. Also, many hours has been spent to create a good and realistic looking terrain, for example all the coast heights are hand corrected so there are no spiking coasts, or weird looking angled coasts.

Many tools have been written from scratch, to be able to create a better terrain. For example, tools that can place big areas of tiles, finding appropriate tile spaces automatically, making a good looking, non repeating terrain. You can see those big areas of photorealistic tiles everywhere in the terrain.

For night flying, tiles have been completely revised and roads, city and factory site tiles have been worked on for realistic night lighting. It is pleasing to fly at night over for example Istanbul or Ankara, or any big city, especially if it has coast lines.

The main campaign scenario, is a Turkish - Greece war, but since the border line between those two countries is very small, Falcon cannot create a good campaign. Too many flights goes toward a very small area and thus it is not realistic. The team still work to create a good and realistic campaign. But the road network, objective links and altitude map makes a good base for campaing makers. Units can cross the map from one corner to another.

For the BMS version, water reflections have been added and theater specific 3D object work still continues.

Here, in this video, improvements for the Aegean V4 version for Open Falcon can be seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqF4AUk-imk

PMC is the home for the Aegean theater. All started here. The in time, many people contributed to the development from both Turkish and Greece sides, and from all over the global falcon community. So, it can be said that it is a present from the Falcon community, to the falcon community.

ccc
Chief of Staff

Post by ccc » 2011-10-31 01:33:35

The in time, many people contributed to the development from both Turkish and Greece sides, and from all over the global falcon community. So, it can be said that it is a present from the Falcon community, to the falcon community
well said!! and Congrats to the team!

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2011-10-31 10:40:57

Phoenix711 wrote:Here is the picture and the info.
Can you please send me 1024x1024 resolution version of that image, all our theater page images are that size (just put it on PM, don't post it on the forum unless you just link to it).

PMC since 1984

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2011-10-31 21:43:41

First post updated with image + link to official PMC Aegean hompage. Thanks Phoenix711 for providing the image and text :)

PMC since 1984

ADHS
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Missions

Post by ADHS » 2011-10-31 23:58:11

Thank you for the release. :D
I installed it by the instructions but when i try to select it as
theater game crashes. Old Aegean works, and the other
theaters also. Anyone else face the same or it is just me ? [My settings etc]
What if i am Greek, while the Earth wars prevents me to give the ability to the whole humanity to reach the Galaxies ?

Phoenix711
Captain

Post by Phoenix711 » 2011-11-01 05:53:48

You possibly forgot to copy the folder "objects" from terrdata to terrdata\aegean.

It is a 1.3 GB copy.

ADHS

Post by ADHS » 2011-11-01 08:51:15

Phoenix711 thank you for your reply.
please confirm the procedure because after my failure i had to install BMS again.

1) Create 'aegean' folder in data\terrdata.
2) Copy the whole VANILLA Falcon BMS 4.32\Data\Terrdata\objects folder to the new data\terrdata\Aegean folder.
3) Copy DATA and DOCS from the Aegean_for_BMS.rar to the root of Falcon BMS 4.32.
4) Add the 'terrdata/theaterdefinition/aegean.tdf' line to Data\Terrdata\theaterdefinition\Theater.lst' text file.

(Even if it didn't worked, i don't think i have overwrite something important,
but there was only 'summer' season to choose in main option and that's why
i re-installed the BMS again.)
What if i am Greek, while the Earth wars prevents me to give the ability to the whole humanity to reach the Galaxies ?

Phoenix711
Captain

Post by Phoenix711 » 2011-11-01 09:44:57

Installation steps are correct. Aegean maynot be supporting season selections.

ADHS

Post by ADHS » 2011-11-01 22:40:19

Thank you very much for the help Phoenix711. It works! :D
I have another issue as with the pre-previous Aegean and also with the previous.
All of my missions that i have build in both Aegean previous versions, are loading,
i can select package, loadout, recon etc but right after the splash screen it throws
me out to debriefing. The mission is in progress but i can't be in there.
Any help in this ? as i have build many and very complicated missions.

Phoenix711
Captain

Post by Phoenix711 » 2011-11-02 06:03:27

Since the object database is different, tac files may not work. No idea on this one.

ADHS

Post by ADHS » 2011-11-02 09:34:46

OK, thank you very much for your replies :D

Return to “Terrain / Theater”