NAVY ships formation

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Luk
Brig. General

NAVY ships formation

Post by Luk » 2011-04-24 21:46:40

Hi all,
is there a way howto change the formation type for NAVY warships please? Is it possible to force for example "line" formation instead of big "X" formation? This one is used in AF for all NAVY units I think.

Thanks
Luk

demer928
Banned user
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: NAVY ships formation

Post by demer928 » 2011-04-24 22:03:57

You may want to ask here:

http://temakers.freeforums.org/how-to-g ... n-t30.html

Regard's,
demer

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2011-04-24 22:35:10

Can you elaborate on that demer928?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

molnibalage
Colonel
Editing Interests: Modeling

Post by molnibalage » 2011-04-26 06:51:35

Luk wrote:Hi all,
is there a way howto change the formation type for NAVY warships please? Is it possible to force for example "line" formation instead of big "X" formation? This one is used in AF for all NAVY units I think.

Thanks
Luk
As I know it is much wiser to use only one ship in one shipgroup because if idiotic ship handling. (They can cross each other.)
I can't remember for AF but this is the good way in FF.
Core 2 Duo E7300, Gigabyte EP43, 4 GB RAM (1066MHz), Shappire Radeon HD4850 1GB

demer928
Banned user

Post by demer928 » 2011-04-27 23:58:08

Snake Man wrote:Can you elaborate on that demer928?
It seem's Dew_Dog has found a way to assign WayPoint Routes to the Nav Unit's in FF. Though experimental at this point, if we follow his example, it may prove helpful.As well,I believe,though I have not checked,that Hustler disssolved the CTF in FF and replaced them with individual units in the DB.
I know when I messed with them a few year's ago, I could get them to move from Point A to Point B but ran into the same problem of individual vehicle's in the unit turning into each other.
It is also my belief that the NU's mnvrdef is Hard coded just like the GU's and therefore we cannot "Reassign" like we can in Simdata\ACData\form.fil.........but,then again, maybe we can????? One would have to take a look @ the NU's mnvr pointer in F4Browse........ :wink:

regard's,
demer

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2011-04-28 00:46:58

Ah ok, thanks for the info.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2011-04-28 17:25:51

You may want to ask here:
http://temakers.freeforums.org/how-to-g ... n-t30.html
Thanks for the TIP demer. I get registered, but did not ask the questions yet. That 64 value trick posted over the temakers forum looks good. I was just too busy to try it these days. I know, there is a tab in tacedit - we can fill the formation type and heading there (situated in the wpt part dialogue).
In game 2d (AF), we can see the formaion type in the status window - at least for GU. NU does not show this value. In case of GU I saw just "column", "wedge" and "achelon" type of formation. Moreover I checked the units in the recon view and I saw that even the unit in column formation is not always formated in line.
I can just guess - the default value in tacedit is "0" for formation I think. I just guess it probably means it is "slaved" to type of action (for example simple road movement -column, in action - wedge...etc)...dont know what values I should use to force column formation(perhaps 0 column,1 wedge..?????) + heading (I can guess better here)
I dont know, I can just try different values and see...

I need just group of units (no matter GU or NU, but rather NU) to force to be in line formation and with fixed heading (even without movement - dont mind). I dont mean through PT pointers (I was sucessfull in case of PT points). The GU if placed over the water tile are often in line, with fixed spaces. It is ok, but under the attack the particular vehicles (although stacked in one place) start to change heading (10 minutes freezed, then 90 degrees turn in few seconds :roll: )
One would have to take a look @ the NU's mnvr pointer in F4Browse........ :wink:
I guess you mean "maneuver" pointer or something. Where is it situated please? I did not find it in the unit dialoque.

Thanks
Luk

demer928
Banned user

Post by demer928 » 2011-05-01 00:45:47

Luk wrote: I guess you mean "maneuver" pointer or something. Where is it situated please? I did not find it in the unit dialoque.
Thanks
Luk
I cannot recall,off the top of my head right now,but I think it had something to do with the Move Type?? in F4Browse.
As I have stated, I lost my FF HDD Dev disk a few month's ago.Those Tool's,file's,document's...etc.. are gone.
So....you may want to ask Rustler about this, I know he was compiling a Spreadsheet, as we went along with helping him understand F4Browse,that explained the variou's fields as they related to the code. I do not know how far he got with it,or how far he has gone now.The last one I saw was pretty helpful for a NOOB\OLDIE though.

regard's,
demer

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2011-05-01 07:46:01

Thanks demer.

I think such a sheet or document is a dream for everyone developing for F4. There is no help file in F4Browse folder, tacedit help is very sparse...

Luk

Return to “Terrain / Theater”