Campaign Hack for Dogfight mode?

Terrain / Theater editing

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

evo1087
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: Missions

Campaign Hack for Dogfight mode?

Post by evo1087 » 2010-11-09 04:29:27

I just did the Theater ValidAc rename trick. Pretty fun flying those other planes especially the F22.

Does anyone know of a file that you can rename to fly the other planes in dogfight??
this could be an epic hack. If anyone understands the file structure we may be able to do this

Please dont suggust FF5 or OF they dont work on my computer (nvidia and win7 64bit)

Sherlock
Lt. General
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Campaign Hack for Dogfight mode?

Post by Sherlock » 2010-11-09 06:59:14

evo1087 wrote:I just did the Theater ValidAc rename trick. Pretty fun flying those other planes especially the F22.

Does anyone know of a file that you can rename to fly the other planes in dogfight??
this could be an epic hack. If anyone understands the file structure we may be able to do this

Please dont suggust FF5 or OF they dont work on my computer (nvidia and win7 64bit)
In each campaign folder for AF there is a file called teplanes.lst

Open that file in a text editor (or Windows notepad.exe).

At the end of each line of text, for those planes you cannot fly, there will be a "0". Change the "0" to a "1" then save the file.

Also, there are some planes in the teplanes.lst file that are "commented out" by using a "//" at the beginning of the 2nd line of text. Delete the "//" to enable these planes, but be aware that some do not work even when enabled in the previously described manner.

For example:

Code: Select all

// F-15A Eagle
//	1	6	38	8	21806	469	10075	0
Should be changed to be:

Code: Select all

// F-15A Eagle
  	1	6	38	8	21806	469	10075	1
This hack works in Tactical Engagements but not sure how far it goes in Dogfight mode.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-11-09 07:52:38

This hack works in Tactical Engagements but not sure how far it goes in Dogfight mode.
Mentioned trick makes the planes flyable in dogfight and TE. In the dogfight menu they are colored yellow(flyable) then. But just the planes already known/setted for dogfight mode. If you want to add new types for dogfight it is a little bit more complex. I have stored it somewhere in my PC (you have to modify some text files, add CT numbers there...

Luk

evo1087

Post by evo1087 » 2010-11-09 21:10:11

SHERLOCK This is awesome. I cant wait to show my friend who introduced me to Falcon 4.0. and play LAN. So Epic!

cant really do much about the cockpits but i dont mind the nose view. Is there a way to hide the 3d cockpit? so you can still look?

Jex at tacticalgamer.com says he was able to fly in the pit of any plane.
"save the mission and then fly it. You should find yourself in the pit of your chosen plane to test out. I particularly liek the AV-8B. You don't get full hover capability but it's pretty good and you get napalm which is loads of fun." -http://www.tacticalgamer.com/falcon-4-g ... -4-af.html
Must be a lie right?
Their is only one cockpit in all of FALCON the F-16's. Not to mention I've never seen the Harrier anywhere in the game. and I know the cockpit assignment file is heavily encrypted.

LUK you elluded to being able to add planes to the dogfight list. How did you do this exactly? I just got into FALCON and I am unsure of your terminalogy.

Thanks agian!!

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2010-11-10 03:31:59

evo1087 wrote: Jex at tacticalgamer.com says he was able to fly in the pit of any plane.
"save the mission and then fly it. You should find yourself in the pit of your chosen plane to test out. I particularly liek the AV-8B. You don't get full hover capability but it's pretty good and you get napalm which is loads of fun." -http://www.tacticalgamer.com/falcon-4-g ... -4-af.html
Must be a lie right?
I'm sure that Jex at tacticalgamer.com was speaking of another version of Falcon other than Allied Force. Allied Force only has F-16 cockpits in it. FreeFalcon, on the other hand (as well as Open Falcon) has other cockpits that are usable in it.
evo1087 wrote:Their is only one cockpit in all of FALCON the F-16's. Not to mention I've never seen the Harrier anywhere in the game. and I know the cockpit assignment file is heavily encrypted.
True. The Harrier has to be enabled per my my previous post. Lead Pursuit (developers of Allied Force) never placed the AV-8B into any campaigns that I am aware of. The cockpit files aren't encrypted (although when looking at them in a text editor they kinda look like it), they have been converted to binary files (from text).

Luk may have a more complete procedure but the process he is referring to was first documented here at PMC Tactical back in 2003 here
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

evo1087

Post by evo1087 » 2010-11-10 09:13:47

Wow it more complicated than I though but worth it. Explains why LUK has modded files and backups saved. Since you cant really assign 3D and 2D pits in AF i wonder you can probably change the default, of course you would probably lose all cockpit click controls in the 2D pit. I got alot of work to do to unlock the full potential of this game. Thanks agian for all the Knowledge.
Im starting with changing the ART>CKPTART>RES1600 to my favorite plane the A-10!

thanks agian Sherlock

Luk
Brig. General

Post by Luk » 2010-11-10 09:18:44

I am sure, harrier is used in default Balkan campaigns. Once I was in a dogfight with 4 J22 and 2 harriers helped. The ACs involved in combat dont have a radar onboard. So it was a big suprize for me - it looked I am mixed with 6 J-22 Oraos (these aircrafts have almost the same siluetthe in certain point of view). I was very close to friendly fire that time.
I flied harrier later(F16 pit of course). It was funny, just slow for air combat. Fine, it is built for A-G missions.

I also operate harrier armed 3rd squadron from Gutersloh AB in Eu mod. I looked at munition screen - it can carry many types of bombs, including some FAE bombs (is it napalm?).
Luk may have a more complete procedure but the process he is referring to was first documented here at PMC Tactical back in 2003 here
I used that above posted tutor(or something very similar) if I can remember correctly. It worked even for AF. I added about 8 ACs into the dogfight module about 3 years ago. Unfortunaly I did it in deffault Korea or Balkan. There was a guy talking I am a cheater in Hyperlobby. I guess he had some anti-cheat program (compared files?) and the program saw my files are modified. I was unable to explain I am not a cheater, just added few planes into dogfight module. So be carrefull or make the second "Korea2" theater in your install... :)

Luk

evo1087

Post by evo1087 » 2010-11-10 18:42:23

thankyou for the advice you guys are very experienced here.
I attempted swapping ckptart files last night but it made my game not start and then repair itself.
Is there are a tutorial for changing the default F16 pit to a downloaded pit. Im guessing the program checks file sized and names thats why it crashed.

again thanks for all the advice

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2010-11-11 03:53:45

evo1087 wrote:thankyou for the advice you guys are very experienced here.
I attempted swapping ckptart files last night but it made my game not start and then repair itself.
Is there are a tutorial for changing the default F16 pit to a downloaded pit. Im guessing the program checks file sized and names thats why it crashed.

again thanks for all the advice
evo1087,
Are you using Allied Force? From your previous posts it sounds like you are. If so, you can only use the cockpits that come with it or those provided by Aeyes for widescreen monitors (when using AF). Find his cockpits for sale at http://www.cockpits.nl. I don't know what you mean by "downloaded pit" but I am assuming you don't mean one of Aeyes pits. The other cockpits you download for "Falcon" are NOT made for use with Allied Force. Right now there is no way to make them work with Allied Force.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

evo1087

Post by evo1087 » 2010-11-11 17:54:02

yeah i downloaded one of the freeware A-10 cockpits from cockpits.nl and was going to rename, resize, to repace the default F-16's in FALCON AF I saw in the >art>ckptart> folder..Unless you guys already know it doesnt work and i shouldnt bother trying.

Sherlock
Lt. General

Post by Sherlock » 2010-11-11 23:05:05

evo1087 wrote:yeah i downloaded one of the freeware A-10 cockpits from cockpits.nl and was going to rename, resize, to repace the default F-16's in FALCON AF I saw in the >art>ckptart> folder..Unless you guys already know it doesnt work and i shouldnt bother trying.
It won't work because the bcockpit.dat and the bpadlock.dat files are unique to AF; the other versions of Falcon use a ASCII text version. AF's files are converted to binary format. Lead Pursuit did this on purpose to limit this portion of "modding".
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

evo1087

Post by evo1087 » 2010-11-11 23:55:10

bummer i was worried about that. I cant use all the great features of FreeFalcon until...if ever the game is made compatiable or my graphics card is made compatiable with it. Something with Nvidia and DX7. I tried the whole renaming the.exe to FalconAF.exe game booted i could fly but the AI froze. Falcon AF is wonderful in its stability. Even after you hack plane files it doesnt crash or try to repair and i was able to play online. Smae about those cockpits. I wonder how the OF and FF guys changed the game to allow it. I know they explcidily state they didnt use any of the orignal code..........master hackers if you ask me. the good kind

Return to “Terrain / Theater”