Vietnam: The Experience - v0.2

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

Vietnam: The Experience - v0.2

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-04-10 00:46:20

Vietnam: The Experience (VTE)

The leading, most detailed and the most comprehensive Vietnam War modification for OFP.

This is to announce the release of VTE v0.2 full. Check out some of the items we include.

Aircrafts
C-130, MC-130 Combat Talon, DHC-4 Caribou, OV-10 Bronco, Bell47G, Il-28 Beagle, B-52 Stratofortress, B-57 Canberra, F-4 Phantom, F-5A, F-100 Super Sabre, MiG-17, MiG-19 Farmer, MiG-21, A-1J Skyraider, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, O-1 Bird Dog, F-86A Sabre, Sikorsky S-56, CH-53E Superstallion, CH-34 and the old SEB stuff like Hueys etc.

Ground vehicles
Ox cart, M24 Chaffee, M41 Walker, Centurion, DShK Heavy MG, US GMC CCKW, Willys MB, T-34, M3 Halftrack, BTR-50, BTR-60, BTR-152, NVA Truck, M551 Sheridan, M1919A4 tripod, Maksim MG, PT-76, ZU-23-2, ZPU4 AA, Bike, Scooter, Motorbike, Gaz69, V150 Commando.

Soldier squads
Air Cavalry, Marine, Marine Force Recon, SEAL, Army, Special Forces, LRRP, LRRP (ERDL), CIDG, MIKE, ARVN, Cambodian mercenary, Chieu Hoi, Bushman, Civilian Villager, VC Villager, Village Rebel, VC, NVA, SOG, Australian SAS.

Weapons
Maksim MG, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bar, Mas36, Mas38, Chautelleret, Grease Gun, MP40, Thompson, Kar, M1 Car, M1 Garand, M1919A4, DP27, PPD-40, FAL, L1A1, Nagant, PPS-43, PPSH-41, M60 Shorty, M63A Stoner, Chicom Type 56, RPG-2, 90mm Recoiless MAW, M45 9mm SMG, M39 Hush Puppy, Ithaca 37, Typ 68, MAT 49, K-50M, Sten Gun MkII, Bren Gun MkII, Lee Enfield N4. Plus the usual equipment from JAM2 side.

Vehicle Weapons
MK-77 Napalm, UV-16-57 Rockets, HVAR Rockets, MK-82R, AIM-9 Sidewinder, AIM-7 Sparrow, AGM-45 Shrike, AA-2 Atoll, FAB-250, Standard ARM, MK-81, MK-83, MK-84, M-117, M-118, BLU-82 Daisy Cutter, BLU-1 Napalm, LAU-10 Rockets, 20mm Cannon, VYa Cannons, 6x50cal M2, SUU-30 Pod, M61 Vulcan, 4x20mm Cannons, GSh-23 Cannon, 7.62x51 doorgun.

Animals
Mule, Cow, Rooster, Chickens, Duck, Dog.

Islands/Terrains
Vietnam Intro, Vietnam 12km, Vietnam 25km, Ilo Ilo, Rumble In The Jungle, RSSZ, Long Son, MeeKong, MDSZ, A Shau Valley, SEB Ia Drang, Iron Triangle, VTE Ia Drang, 7 Mountains, IIICTZA Parrots Beak, Australian AO, Polei Kleng, Quan Binh Son, Vinh Thanh Valley, Khe Sanh, The Bra.

Objects & Textures
We include over 400 new objects including vegetation (bushes, trees, grass, palms, jungle canopy, rocks etc), civilian housing and military objects. The ground is covered with many brand new textures. Also there is the good old SEB objects and textures present for the original Ia Drang and few other islands.

All that material just for editor? Noope, we include over hundred (100) single missions and eight (8) campaigns.

Here are tons of screenshots.

Trenches

Airfield

Harbor

Pier

City

Airstrip

Another city

Bunker

Hut

Watchtower

Airfield

Hmm

Jungle

Bridge

River side

Hilltop

Jungle night

City

Buildings 1

Buildings 2

Docks

Jungle bunker

Airstrip

Napalm

Aircrafts

Jungle 1

Jungle 2

Jungle 3

Jungle 4

Bunker

SEAL in jungle 1

SEAL in jungle 2

Landscape 1

Landscape 2

Radio tower 1

Radio tower 2

Spooky

That should cover the basics.

Required addons are as follows; Bn880 tracers, CoC Unified Artillery, CoC Mines, CoC Divers, JAM2 and USMC markers.
Download these addons from CoC homepage and
CoC Mines v1.0 - here
CoC UA v1.0 - here
CoC Divers - here
JAM2 - here
USMC Markers - here
Bn880 Tracers - here

This v0.2 release is full, meaning no install problems, however we have setup a VTE Installation Help page for users.

Download x_vte_v0.2.rar - 403mb. Thanks from mirror to ofpc.de site.
Mirror 1: ofp.info
Thanks for the guys hosting the file. All new mirrors are welcome.

You can visit us at VTE Official web page and also check out VTE at ofpc site.

April 10th, 2006.
VTE Founder and Leader
Snake Man, PMC.
Last edited by Snake_Man on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

burroughs

Re: Vietnam: The Experience - v0.2

Post by burroughs » 2006-04-10 20:54:34

Awesome! As you might have expected, I've been watching the progress of the work on that wonderful mod along with my LRRP team, H Company(Ranger),75th Infantry for quite a long time and I'll bet that yoy didn't even notice that you had us right on your tail! ;) Downloading now and if I leave my PC on for the rest of the night, it should be ready to install early in the morning when I will have woken up. Then we'll see ... Perhaps I'll grase you with my Colt Commando. Bill Lee, sgt 1st class, Ranger-qualified.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-04-11 07:43:45

Updated the first post with ofp.info download link. Thanks goes out for all hosts, much appreciated. More is welcome to our big file ;)

burroughs

Post by burroughs » 2006-04-11 10:17:31

Allright, gentelmen. I had left my PC on for until early morning and fortunatelly it didn't get sabotaged by the stinky VC sappers so I was able to install the new VTE release with no further delay than it was absolutely necessary. I've been playing the newly added campaign for a couple of minutes and it seems to work just fine, but I still have several questions and a few issies to forward:

1. I'm still not satisfied with the image of Ia Drang valley, even in the VTE conversion. Don't get me wrong - I've seen a movie, a few documentaries and read a book with tons of pictures showing the Ia Drang battle '65 and again I come to the conclusion that there should me more vegetation added, especially some grass.
2. Did you try to fix the bugs in that campaign-imitating mission "Unscripted war". I downloaded it long time before the VTE was out, but due to low capabilities of my previously installed equipment, especially my CPU, I was unable to obtain satisfactory quality of gameplay. But then my equipment got upgraded and I immediately jumped at the opportunity; nonetheless, both versions that were out along with the whole VTE mod seeemed somehow buggy; there was a problem with movement of the units, downloading a gamesave ( I guess it's still the same problem with the massive missions in the game itself ... :-? ), patrolling the area and with the ingame menagement menu.

O.K., that would be it so far - more comments later on, when I wil have gotten a little bit further into that humid, hot and VC - stinking hell ... Cheers.
Bill Lee, sgt 1st class, 5th Special Forces Group(Airborne), A - team 255.

MI_Fred
1st Lt

Post by MI_Fred » 2006-04-11 22:51:12

1. I'm still not satisfied with the image of  Ia Drang valley, even in the VTE conversion. Don't get me wrong - I've seen a movie, a few documentaries and read a book with tons of pictures showing the Ia Drang battle '65 and again I come to the conclusion that there should me more vegetation added, especially some grass.
Neither am I but it's still the same fast 15 minute replaceobjects conversion and we still have the same amount of time available for things like this to do. Once we move again in the island front I bet Ia Trang will be in the path of our dozer ;)

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-04-11 23:31:18

1. I'm still not satisfied with the image of  Ia Drang valley, even in the VTE conversion.
I come to the conclusion that there should me more vegetation added, especially some grass.
Still? It has only been bugfixed, so you would not expect to see anything changed really. The VTE version is like MI_Fred said, quick replace objects conversion without any grass patches, which we hopefully tweak later.

SEB Ia Drang is with the old objects and therefore without grass because of old sentimental reasons and because lets face it, most if not all Vietnam missions are made for it. Only now people (we) start to make missions for other islands.

Its kind of sad really to see this great island to slip away into the past, if we assume everyone indeed is going to make missions only for the new islands.
Did you try to fix the bugs in that campaign-imitating mission "Unscripted war".
Not really try to fix bugs, because I dont know where they lay in the tons of scripts and stuff on that mission. I did make the VTE conversion and removed all the junk which caused serious slowdowns but still right after mission start you are required to bring down the "Scale Of War" into 50% to keep framerates high, at least in my computer.
I downloaded it long time before the VTE was out, but due to low capabilities of my previously installed equipment, especially my CPU, I was unable to obtain satisfactory quality of gameplay.
Same here, but it was already that time when I get around and tweaked it to my own liking. It speeds up so much when the accelerated time was removed and the foliage.
there was a problem with movement of the units, downloading a gamesave, patrolling the area and with the ingame menagement menu.
If I recall correctly there was a problem with the movement THIRD (3) waypoint, so I ever use that anymore. Savegame bug is known OFP but and nothing we can do about (except really small missions, which Unscripted War is not). Patrolling the area I have no used that much, maybe it has the same three waypoint bug I mentioned just above? Also ingame management menu bug I dont know about.

Can you give me more details about them and how to reproduce the bugs?

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-04-13 05:08:04

After reading burroughs comments on the official VTE forum I wanted to tweak the Unscripted War mission. Well I started to fix it "today" and it was quite interesting. I started to tweak it yesterday april 12th, about 1000hrs in the morning. Well I got carried away and went along playing, taking down the enemy and ordering the AI squads around giving them artillery and air (A1 Skyraider) support.

Some time went by and I wrote down bug reports of what needs to be fixed. Then I noticed that when I edited on the background one script... the changed stuff popped up in the mission, wow I never knew this before that OFP loads every script again each time from the hard drive, I thought that when you press "preview" button, OFP loads everything for the mission at one time and no changes can be made on the fly.

So now I got to edit the scripts as I kind of get to test them real time, I mean the mission right now was so interesting (I mean the session I was playing) that I did not want to exit the editor and restart OFP etc. I did editing and played the mission, had a great fun doing so.

It took so long that about 1800hrs real time I had to go out to eat, well I left OFP on esc -> pause mode to wait because there was no chance that this mission would pass the savegame bug, noway. I came back home about 2100hrs and continued to play where I left off.

I guess it was somewhat amazing, like OFP usually is, that I kept staying alive. I did some fighting on the front lines and helped the AI squads to get out of trouble etc, lot of friendly AI forces got killed in the process but I got to be healthy, cool I like that.

The mission was great, previously when I played the original version and early VTE conversion I only witnessed NVA attack to Plei Me once or twice, now the suckers were on it constantly. I mean wave after wave they came, I just had to dug in at the base and defend it after two or so times I left the base only to hear distant gunfire behind my back after 5 minutes on the jungle :)

Finally I started to think more aggressively, I sent out my AI forces into the nearby regions to take them under our control and that seemed to have positive effect as the attacks slowed down. Still every once in a while a sneaky NVA squad got through and attacked Plei Me.

Put OFP again to esc -> pause mode, went to sleep at unknown time and woke up some hours later which had to be like 0400hrs in the morning, today, then continued to play the mission.

So anyways, NVA kept attacking Plei Me and here is one situation of those sneaky attacks. I took this screenshot because it shows how far I played, those enemy KIA numbers are quite scary on the hint box.

Unscripted War VTE, the score.

Also there is the map view of the same time, same situation.

Situation on the ground

At this point I started to go out from the base myself, eventually I got through the two "levels" that are on the mission, then there was lot of enemy tanks that started to attack. I was located SE of LZ Albany defending the FARP/LZ I set there when something happened, dunno what script got bugged but darn OFP did CTD, heh. Ouch. Not quite the ending I was hoping for :)

It was pretty insane, the mission OFP start time was 0700hrs and last time I checked the OFP clock (T) was about 1145hrs. I got to think, now I have definitely not only played this mission for 4hrs, so what... I played it OFP time like 16hrs or something? :D

Excellent time again in OFP, I havent had so enjoyable mission in a long time. Good stuff.

I get to fix lot of the bad bugs like airstrike not working and the three waypoint patrol giving a error. Also friendly vehicle reinforcements were not working, fixed all of that. Got myself a nice bugs list to fix and after those are done, this mission will be even more enjoyable and will be at the next VTE release.

NeF
Captain

Post by NeF » 2006-04-14 14:04:27

Hi guys! Nice news! I would like to know how to install this last version IF WE HAVE THE OLD VERSION. Do I have to reinstall everything ?
thanks!
They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "Fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-04-14 14:35:47

how to install this last version IF WE HAVE THE OLD VERSION. Do I have to reinstall everything ?
Yes, delete any and all old versions of anything even related to some NAM addons. Then install v0.2 release.

NeF
Captain

Post by NeF » 2006-04-14 15:31:20

thanks ;)
They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "Fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

MI_Fred
1st Lt

Post by MI_Fred » 2006-04-21 12:26:42

Parrots Beak revisited.

MI_Fred
1st Lt

Post by MI_Fred » 2006-05-04 22:01:06

p1r0kun

Post by p1r0kun » 2006-05-05 02:12:37

In the Open Beta area, someone mentioned that VTE was throwing error codes like "Error loading data3dvysilacka.p3d" ... I was getting these too, and every time i tried to bring up the map, i got a CTD.

I ended up copying the Data3d.pbo from <OFP>x_vtedtahwtl over the one in <OFP>x_vtedta... Or maybe the other way around, not too sure anymore (whatever it is, Win2KPro reports a filesize of roughly 26.7 MB). This seemed to fix the problem, but i'd still rather be running the right files.

Alright, so here's the point of the whole thing.

When I ran into this problem last night, I unpacked both of the Data3d.pbo files and realized that one (maybe both) is missing everything alphabetically past Update.txt. It seems to be corrupted at about that point, as my PBO patcher halts right there and that's all it's able to unpack.

So... basically, one of my data3d.pbo's is consistently being created with errors. Maybe in the meantime there's somewhere we can get the data3d's themselves, without errors? I know, they're huge so i don't expect this to be possible. Sorry I didn't say something sooner, but I didn't really know my way around the system at all until recently.

Otherwise: Love the game. You guys do an incredible job, and i'm also loving the new campaign so far =) Hope maybe this helps to remove those pesky errors for a few people! If I wasn't too clear about anything I've said here, I'll be checking the boards as regularly as i can.

-p1r0

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-05-05 14:57:42

In the Open Beta area, someone mentioned that VTE was throwing error codes like "Error loading data3dvysilacka.p3d" ... I was getting these too, and every time i tried to bring up the map, i got a CTD.
In open beta or v0.2?
I ended up copying the Data3d.pbo from <OFP>x_vtedtahwtl over the one in <OFP>x_vtedta...
Obviously not the recommended way. Why didn't the install-sky.bat work for you?
Maybe in the meantime there's somewhere we can get the data3d's themselves, without errors?
Yes by running the install-sky.bat succesfully. You just need to figure out why the install-sky fails on your system, then the problem is solved, not by downloading the huge files from somewhere.

p1r0kun

Post by p1r0kun » 2006-05-05 18:07:26

Good point. It happened to me in both the open beta and v0.2- i'm using v0.2 right now.

I'm trying to figure out why install-sky.bat didn't work as we speak... I'll have to read into it and check out precisely how install-sky.bat works (what it unpacks, etc.) to know why data3d.pbo is coming out corrupted every time. I'm surprised though, because it doesn't seem like there's any reason this should be happening to only me... I'm trying to retrace my steps, isolate all the variables and see if there's anything that I did (or forgot to do) that may contribute.

I'll keep you guys posted... i'd like to think it's just a no-brainer on my part, but it's kinda hard to screw up running a .bat file ;) unless i somehow screwed up the necessary resources. So i'll run through as many of the possibilities as i can think of...

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-05-13 18:10:04

Vietnam: The Experience (VTE)

Sunday. May 14th, 2006.

It's been over a month since the release of version 0.2 and we decided to show you what we are up to. First off here's some updates by Ebud

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

And here's the raw and uncut list of fixes/changes:
- PMC SAR video cutscene, typo on overview, fixed.
- PMC JP added JAM ammo crates.
- PMC JP added helo nose art to huey.
- PMC JP added removal of AI group on SP mode.
- mas49 weapon, only 1 res lod, fixed. Now has 5 LODs.
- changed CAR15/CAR15gl sounds and tweaked config.
- added INQ M60 and M113/M163 models with tweaked configs.
- geometry errors in v150 model, fixed.
- proxy errors on zsut54 model, fixed.
- added few res lods to pt76 model.
- added few res lods to t34_85 model.
- proxy errors on gaz model, fixed.
- changed tracers to every 3rd round except 5th for MGs and no tracers for snipers.
- pretty much all weapons didn't have muzzle flash lit, fixed.
- ppsh41 did not have muzzle flash on pilot-view, fixed.
- k98k dont have muzzle flash, fixed.
- chatelleret dont have muzzle flash, fixed.
- geometry errors on nvatruckammo model, fixed.
- proxy errors on t34_85 model, fixed.
- proxy errors on pt76 model, fixed.
- proxy errors on nvatruckfuel model, fixed.
- added few res lods for nvatruckammo model.
- missing textures in nvamoto model, fixed.
- bad components error on maxim model, fixed.
- proxy errors on jimmy model, fixed.
- missing texture in jimmy model, fixed.
- proxy errors on centurion model, fixed.
- proxy errors on btr60e model, fixed.
- proxy errors on btr50 model, fixed.
- proxy errors on btr152 model, fixed.
- missing texture in m1919a4 optics, fixed.
- fixed missing textures in nva bike model.
- added res lods to civilian bike model.
- removed tracers on all bullet firing air weapons.
- added bn880 tracers (on every 3, 5 or 10 rounds) to all aircrafts firing bullets.
- nam_25, SF base and some other, stop sign with gate too close to the road, fixed.
- nam_25, cleared few bushes out of roads.
- nam_25, corrected one broken road (dirt road and trail was mixed).
- added tracers to m2 heavy machinegun, in the vehicles carrying it.
- partial requireAddons[] work done, still needs tweaking but better than nothing.
- binarized nam_12, nam_25, VTE_IaDrang, ilo, rij, rssz and some other islands.
- most islands oriented the forest objects and aligned them to ground, no cpp replace.
- nam_12 island had only one type for jungle object, fixed to 3 variations.
- nam_25 island had only one type for jungle object, fixed to 3 variations.
- Tour of duty: players squad changed to basic aircav patrol squad.
- Tour of duty: added gunship signias for gunships.
- Tour of duty: added aircav signias for hueys.
- Tour of duty: briefing map marker wont work. fixed.
- Tour of duty: fixed the main createUnit script, it was looking kind of bad...
- Tour of duty: added random weather by bn880.
- Tour of duty: added killed.sqs with fixed KIA counters.
- Tour of Duty: added radio report on OP contacts.
- M2 MG, M3 halftrack, willys M2, PBR, M113, LVTP5 has now all same weapon with sound.
- VTE_bronco_ATG.p3d two textures missing, fixed.
- VTE_bronco_B.p3d two textures missing, fixed.
- VTE_bronco_FAC.p3d two textures missing, fixed.
- VTE_bronco_TR.p3d two textures missing, fixed.
- VTE_bronco_tr.p3d view geometry errors, fixed.
- VTE_bronco_fac.p3d view geometry errors, fixed.
- VTE_bronco_b.p3d view geometry errors, fixed.
- VTE_CH34_sog.p3d 'mh6v2lsoh6.pac' not found, fixed.
- VTE_CH34.p3d 'mh6v2lsoh6.pac' not found, fixed.
- VTE_F105.p3d 'vte_airf105tanside.pac' not found, proxy error, fixed.
- VTE_IL28.p3d 'vte_airil28camoside.pac' not found, proxy error, fixed.
- VTE_MIG17_grey.p3d 'vte_air17black.paa' not found, proxy error, fixed.
- VTE_MIG17_camo.p3d 'vte_air17black.paa' not found, proxy error, fixed.
- Mig21 and Mig21cap was missing hull.paa texture, fixed.
- K-50M changed magazines to 7.62mm 40rds.
- VTE_vik50m.p3d missing mp51.pac, microuzi.pac and k50m.paa textures, fixed.
- RSSZ elevated the NW airport area so it wont be underwater at time of tide.
- RSSZ has the cccp budova buildings, changed to SEB ones.
- SEB ia drang, some bushes/trees on roads, fixed.
- Unscripted War VTE, no cover at LZ, added back the sandbag shed.
- Unscripted War VTE, added reliable KIA counter system.
- Unscripted War VTE, added radio squeech sound to comms.
- Unscripted War VTE, changed BIS support vehicles in base to VTE ones.
- Unscripted War VTE, added claymore ammo boxes.
- Unscripted War VTE, added VNspeech logic.
- Unscripted War VTE, weather brings rain too quickly, uses now Bn880 magic.
- Unscripted War VTE, removed stupid REVEAL commands for friendly units.
- Unscripted War VTE, createvehicle/unit error on missing "", fixed.
- Unscripted War VTE, removed the stupid switch leader and command views.
- Unscripted war VTE, m551/m60 wont createvehicle, fixed.
- Unscripted war VTE, no ammo boxes on LZ, fixed.
- M45 smg has BIS tracers on as it has own (VTE) ammo, removed tracers.
- nam 12km island has many trees and bushes on roads, fixed.
- ammo cache, getmarkerpos for mist error, fixed.
- khe sanh environmental sounds missing, fixed.

All help is welcome and appreciated.

MI_Fred
1st Lt

Post by MI_Fred » 2006-06-01 21:27:11

Vietnamese under instruction of US special forces
ImageImage

Sgt_Anderson
Recruit

Post by Sgt_Anderson » 2006-06-02 02:28:50

great stuff, Ebud I pressume?
Last edited by Sgt_Anderson on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

burroughs

Post by burroughs » 2006-06-16 10:23:52

Am I to presume that the next version of the mod is going to be released in June or I've missed something? ... I've just read the list of chcnges, tweaks and improvements - it's quite impressive, but I think there is still going to be a lot more to be done. It's quite a comprehensive collection so this seems to be natural. Anyway, I would be delighted if you also made some missions on your own instead of reworking the already released ones - some of them at least are of a very poor quality or most of us played them before ( ...and is not much into doing it again...) and it's a waste of time putting the newly released addons and stuff into them. One of my mottos is: quantity does not mean quality. A hudred Nam missions sounds pretty good, but I prefer ten new, great missions instead.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-06-16 11:35:47

Am I to presume that  the next version of the mod is going to be released in June
Quite close. Its not June but July, says this image :)

v0.3 is scheduled to be released in July. I hate the release "dates" even for a month, because I know something nasty might happen. But surely at today everything looks fine, tons of stuff has been fixed and more work is being done, new objects are being created, new config values added, not to mention the Ebuds new awesome units etc.

I am so happy by looking at the current status of VTE, v0.2 is great and v0.3 is going to be even better.
chcnges, tweaks and improvements - it's quite impressive, but I think there is still going to be a lot more to be done.
Yes you are right. However would you be kind enough to post lets say your top-3 items to change/fix/improve so I'd have better idea of what you want to get done?

Also everyone else is free to post bug reports.
made some missions on your own instead of reworking the already released ones - some of them at least are of a very poor quality
Here is where we have to disagree. I think sometimes the less is good, the old missions while they are lacking AIOD or the supadupa whatever features, are still enjoyable. So enough of bashing the old missions. I will continue to tweak them until they are bug/issue free for VTE latest version.

Its not like I'm spending large part of my days editing the old missions, sure there are now lot of fixes to them (like the Unscripted War) but noway they dominate my VTE editing.

For so long as I remember and still present day also, people are complaining that all the OFP community does is addons and then there is no missions to play with them. Hey check Avon Lady's footer/signature thingy. So why all this negative about VTE having alot of missions, I dont get it, people need to decide what they want, addons or addons with missions.

Choice for me, is rather simple. But then again its only me... I love missions :)
it's a waste of time putting the newly released addons and stuff into them.
We arent really doing that. If some old mission/campaign dont have lets say B-52 bombing, I'm not going to add it. I'll just fix the missions up and make sure they are enjoyable. Adding CoC UA into some older missions is the only thing I'm dramatically changing, basically its just an SEB NAM Pack 2 -> VTE conversion what I'm doing for the missions.
A hudred Nam missions sounds pretty good, but I prefer ten new, great missions instead.
So what do you say about these NEW missions which you have not seen before VTE release:
- Mercyful Fate campaign; 12 missions
- PMC NAM 1965 campaign; 50 missions
- PMC NAM SEAL  (CoC CE) campaign; (unknown number of missions, WIP)

Plus the new single missions and video cutscenes that we have done (dont have specific list at hand now). Also there is the unreleased SEAL campaign which was discussed in this forum, its not yet playable but its been worked on. There are also other missions I want to do, but I rather finish VTE first and then continue really working on some missions.

MI_Fred
1st Lt

Post by MI_Fred » 2006-06-21 17:58:48

Australian rifle squad is briefed before being inserted into the ao

On top of new units the next VTE version will include a bunch of new and old remodeled and retextured objects which will make you smell the jungle, and that's not the smell coming from between my butt and chair!

p1r0kun

Post by p1r0kun » 2006-06-25 03:10:41

I have to give credit to everyone involved in this. In the Mercyful Fate missions, the use of UA really multiplied the play value for me. Sometimes it IS just a waiting game, and I can recall a few missions where I had to find a bush to hide in and wait for the artillery volleys to finally make impact. Made for some VERY intense situations ;)

Only problem with UA is i have a hard time adjusting the arty fire once the first mission is finished. That would be one to take up with the CoC guys, i suppose... too bad i couldn't find help anywhere.

Just sharing my thoughts; and as always I'm looking forward to the next round of improvements!

MI_Fred
1st Lt

Post by MI_Fred » 2006-07-05 21:32:40

A-team at My An relax after a day of no-show Charlie | Seals stumble upon a boiling teapot in the deepest Plain of Reeds
ImageImage

Ragman

Post by Ragman » 2006-07-09 12:54:29

so when will these new VTE forces be released?? :-?

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-07-31 16:48:29

v0.3 release has been delayed. I'll post more information later.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-11-03 01:53:24

Today we go...

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-11-03 17:43:39

Yeah baby!

v0.3 has been released. If anyone have any bugs or things to mention about this topics v0.2, please first download the latest version and check if the bug/thing exists. If it does, then feel free to post into VTE v0.3 topic your feedback.

Thank you.

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”