Vietnam: The Experience v0.4

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for OFP

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Vietnam: The Experience v0.4

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-25 04:50:20

Vietnam: The Experience (VTE) v0.4

The leading, most detailed and the most comprehensive Vietnam War modification for OFP.

This is to announce the release of VTE v0.4 final full install, it is the last version released for Operation Flashpoint. Check out some of the items we include.

Aircrafts
C-130, MC-130 Combat Talon, DHC-4 Caribou, OV-10 Bronco, Il-28 Beagle, B-52 Stratofortress, B-57 Canberra, F-4 Phantom, F-5A, F-100 Super Sabre, MiG-17, MiG-19 Farmer, MiG-21, A-1J Skyraider, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, O-1 Bird Dog, F-86A Sabre, Sikorsky S-56, CH-53E Superstallion, CH-34 and the old SEB stuff like Hueys etc.

Ground vehicles
M24 Chaffee, M41 Walker, Centurion, DShK Heavy MG, GMC CCKW, Willys MB, T34/85, M3 Halftrack, BTR-50, BTR-60, BTR-152, NVA Truck, M551 Sheridan, M1919A4 tripod, Maksim MG, PT-76, ZU-23-2, ZPU4 AA, Bike, Scooter, Motorbike, Gaz69, V150 Commando, ZSU-57.

Soldier squads
Air Cavalry, Marine, Marine Force Recon, SEAL, Army, Special Forces, LRRP (ERDL/tiger), CIDG, MIKE, ARVN, Cambodian mercenary, Hoi Chan, Bushman, Civilian Villager, VC Villager, Village Rebel, VC, NVA, SOG, Australian SAS. All these avatars/units are brand new made from scratch by Ebud, they use Llaumas heads and overall are very high quality with good performance.

Weapons
Maksim MG, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bar, Mas36, Mas38, Chautelleret, Grease Gun, MP40, Thompson, Kar, M1 Car, M1 Garand, M1919A4, DP27, PPD-40, L1A1, Nagant, PPS-43, PPSH-41, M60 Shorty, M63A Stoner, Chicom Type 56, RPG-2, 90mm Recoiless MAW, M45 9mm SMG, M39 Hush Puppy, Ithaca 37, Typ 68, MAT 49, K-50M, Sten Gun MkII, Bren Gun MkII, Lee Enfield N4.

Vehicle Weapons
MK-77 Napalm, UV-16-57 Rockets, HVAR Rockets, MK-82R, AIM-9 Sidewinder, AIM-7 Sparrow, AGM-45 Shrike, AA-2 Atoll, FAB-250, Standard ARM, MK-81, MK-83, MK-84, M-117, M-118, BLU-82 Daisy Cutter, LAU-10 Rockets, 20mm Cannon, VYa Cannons, 6x50cal M2, SUU-30 Pod, M61 Vulcan, 4x20mm Cannons, GSh-23 Cannon, 7.62x51 doorgun.

Animals
Mule, Cow, Rooster, Chickens, Duck, Dog.

Islands/Terrains
Vietnam Intro, Vietnam 12km, Vietnam 25km, Ilo Ilo, Rumble In The Jungle, RSSZ, Long Son, MeeKong, MDSZ, A Shau Valley, SEB Ia Drang, Iron Triangle, VTE Ia Drang, 7 Mountains, IIICTZA Parrots Beak, Australian AO, Polei Kleng, Quan Binh Son, Vinh Thanh Valley, Khe Sanh, The Bra, FSB Gloria, Dak Seang, Tet68.

Objects & Textures
We include over 400 new objects including vegetation (bushes, trees, grass, palms, jungle canopy, rocks etc), civilian housing and military objects. The ground is covered with many brand new textures. Also there is the good old SEB objects and textures present for the original Ia Drang and few other islands. The objects have been now streamlined and optimized, they look better and should give better framerates.

All that material just for editor? Noope, we include 115 single missions, 14 MP missions and 8 campaigns. Brand new mission to get onboard was Vietnam Tour of Duty dynamic campaign based on GDCE by Kutya.

The changelog for fixes contains many entries, read the full list on Documents directory in the download package. But to list few most important; Fixed many model errors on various vehicles. Added more resolution lods to models (better framerates). Tweaked many missions and added many missions (to PMC NAM SEAL campaign for example). Added optional config for the radio comms voices which people requested. Fixed all critical bugs reported and tweaked some configs like proper ammunition etc.

Required addons are as follows; Bn880 tracers, CoC Unified Artillery, CoC Mines, CoC Divers, JAM3 and USMC markers. Download these addons from the following links.

CoC Mines v1.0:
mirror 1: CoC site
mirror 2: filefront
mirror 3: ofp.info

CoC UA v1.0: (yes I'm well aware that v1.1 has been released).
mirror 1: filefront
mirror 2: ofp.info

CoC Divers v1.0:

JAM 3: (any more mirrors?)
mirror 1: ofp.info

USMC Markers/Symbols:

Bn880 Tracers:
At BIS topic

This v0.4 release is full, meaning no install problems, however we have setup a VTE Installation Help page for users are having problems with MOD directories.

Download VTE OFP Homepage - 428mb.
Remember to keep seeding.

You can visit us at VTE Official web site.

June 25th, 2007.
VTE Founder and Leader
Snake Man, PMC.
Last edited by Snake Man on 2007-07-05 12:07:29, edited 1 time in total.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

granQ
2nd Lt

Post by granQ » 2007-06-25 10:34:44

yeah.. time for arma :)

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-07-05 12:08:33

New download mirror added to the first post; Mirror 2: ofp.info, thank you OFP.info.

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Megahurt

ANYONE STILL PLAY OFP VTE?

Post by Megahurt » 2008-01-17 18:51:15

i have enjoyed OFP for years on end and still play it daily. I have Arma but it doesnt run well enough on my pc.
If anyone still wants to play OFP VTE please contact me. Im still designing missions for it and i spend about 50 hours doing up each one.

Here's the latest

7am, January 31st 1968.

"Later they called it the begining of the Tet offensive, we called it Hell."

We were called in to surround the downed crew of a 'dustoff down' north of the Ar river. Charlie was popping up everywhere and the chopper dropped us and went to work lighting up the tree lines around us. When another dustoff came in to medivac the wounded we watched our ride out get shot down defending it.
We made a hasty retreat east to the river where pbrs were racing up and down to the supply depot with scores of wounded and dazed troops. We jumped into the boat with a T34 and a couple of VC infantry squads hot on our trail. We made it down river to the supply depot dodging fire from the river banks from NVA regulars that were launching boats to join the offensive.
We were ordered to protect the depot by moving east and halting the hordes of VC that had just over run our previous position and were heading south to threaten the supply depot that was a lifeline to operations up and down the river.
Some armour, two Centurions, joined us when we got to the road east of the depot and fell under my command. Charlie was dug in on the north side of a small stream that had washed out the road and we traded fire spiradically for a while.
Then came their big push.......

Message me to play or try the mission.

Its multiplayer but also plays well as leader of the first squad when your alone.

If you still play OFP and arent ready to be dragged kicking and screaming into Arma, message me. I have FDF, WW2, And Jungle fever mods as well, but VTE is my favorite.
Megahurt - OFP VTE Still Rocks

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Re: Vietnam: The Experience v0.4

Post by Snake Man » 2024-02-13 00:05:13

First post updated, images and old outdated links fixed. Gotta have old school VTE OFP links and downloads working :)

PMC since 1984

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (OFP)”