PMC Somalia

PMC Somalia (ArmA), covering the somalia crisis

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC Somalia

Post by Snake Man » 2007-10-15 21:48:02

PMC Somalia

This is Somalia modification which brings you BIS models configured to US 1993 forces including Rangers (RACS chocolate chip camo models), Delta Force (US ACU specops models) and SOAR pilots (US pilot models), they have been given weapons approximately from the 1993 era. For OPFOR we have Somali militia in full african faces and civilian clothing setup using AK74's and RPG-7's. Terrain is specially made Mogadishu city representation with accurate road network and those nice ArmA mogadishu looking buildings.

Road network google image as source

Road network in WrpTool

I dont have ingame image, but its basically same as the WrpTool image so there is little use to copy paste together 10 images from mission editor :)

This modification is very much work in progress, in fact I will not advertise this on anywhere else except on our forums as a sneak peek. I'd want to hear feedback about it as if how it all works together and that sort of thing. Especially I need help regarding feedback how the weapon loadouts are setup, I believe the M249 was not used in '93 but not sure, so this kind of historical errors would be very important to correct.

I dont know about you, but this in overall package is pretty nice, yes there is no new models or fancy stuff like that... but this is good start how to bring some Somalia afrika action ingame. Hope you all like it and if there is interest to develop this further, you send me alot of feedback it being good or bad, I'll take it all :)

Download PMC_Somalia_v0.1.rar - 833kb :o
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

anzacsas
Major

Post by anzacsas » 2007-10-16 08:20:18

thx m8, were gonna check it out tonight

Aussie Dave
Recruit

Post by Aussie Dave » 2008-05-09 04:28:01

mirror:

GamingSA.com
GamingSA, located in the ADNAP datacentre in the heart of Adelaide with fibre optic high speed veins branching out to provide high-speed access for all.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: PMC Somalia

Post by Snake Man » 2009-11-05 07:05:04

Finally the new version has been released. Please head to PMC Somalia v0.2 release topic for further discussion.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Return to “PMC Somalia (ArmA)”