PMC Baltic Command v1.1 has been released!

CoC Command Engine campaign, LSR addons

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

PMC Baltic Command v1.1 has been released!

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-20 16:23:10

PMC Baltic Command

(formely known as PMC Command Campaign)

PMC Baltic Command is a CE campaign that puts you in the role of NATO commander of a mixed battalion-sized force, fighting the Reds in their backyard swimming pool, the Baltic Sea. Many months of work has created a wonderful mix of scripts that simulate the operational level of command, with orchestrated land, air, and sea operations. You are given lots of tools, such as Wild Weasel jamming strikes and artillery-fired mines, to take the war to the enemy. But don't worry, it won't be easy.

You'll need all your OFP skills to peel away the layered enemy defenses. Pilot your specially-equipped recon helo to put your binoculars on the enemy front lines, and coordinate combined-arms missions like Rommel did. But beware, as the enemy will track your radio signals and launch missile strikes at you. The missions are open-ended, with no set path to victory. You will be judged on each mission for both your ability to take the objectives, and to keep friendly casualties down.

Develop plans for flak suppression and airstrikes. Coordinate airborne and armor forces to take widely-flung objectives. Employ snipers, seals, and grunts to take and hold objectives in the face of withering counterattacks. PMC Baltic Command demonstrates what can be done with the best of the best addons and scripts developed by the OFP community.

Required addons

UAV Dragonwarrior ------------ DragonWarrior.rar torrent magnet:

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:67536625d67ec21255412a08e7e750a30ba187c2&xt=urn:btmh:12201880dab1659ee4cb8edbc33f8236284846a6c5d60183e7e50b36cd76836dcc87&dn=DragonWarrior.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a6969%2fannounce
C130v2 ----------------------- ofp.info
USMC Symbols ----------------- CoC homepage
Mirror 1 --------------------- ofp.info
LSR Ranger/Deltas ------------ ofp.info
LSR SEALs -------------------- ofp.info
bas Blackhawks --------------- ofp.info
bas Littlebirds -------------- ofp.info
JAM3 (three!) ---------------- ofp.info
CAVS Vehicles ---------------- JAM_Vehicles.zip, PMC mirror.
SA-11 Gadfly ----------------- ofp.info
CoC Unified Artillery -------- filefront
Mirror 1 --------------------- ofpr.info
CoC Tomahawks ---------------- CoC homepage
CoC Mines -------------------- CoC homepage
Mirror 1 --------------------- filefront
Mirror 2 --------------------- ofpr.info
CoC Divers v1.0 -------------- CoC homepage
Mirror 1 --------------------- ofpr.info
Bn880 Tracers v1.24 ---------- BIS topic

Finally, the campaign itself. Download v1.1 here - 21mb.
Mirror 1 filefront
Mirror 2 megaupload
Mirror 3 mediafire
Mirror 4 bigupload
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Taconic
Recruit

Post by Taconic » 2007-06-23 15:04:44

Hi, Snake Man.
I always enjoyed the Command Campaign, but so far this one is much better in every way.

I have, however, run into two relatively minor bugs so far (I'm on mission 5.)

1: In every mission so far, starting the UAV gives the following error:
"Script dialogs\.sqs not found"
The UAV seems to work properly after that.

2: In the mission I am on (The Road South,) CAS does not work.
When I set an aimpoint, the radio message says that it's at "GRID COORDINATES <null>." I then get a message that the plane has crashed. The script isn't parsing the mapclick for some reason.

Other than that, I've really been enjoying it. It's a top notch campaign. I'm stuck in OFP for a while because AA suffers from a number of major bugs on my system and is unplayable, so I was glad to come across this campaign.

If I can offer a suggestion for a future revision:
Update the missions to use CoC UA 1.1. UA 1.1 adds so much and the interface is so much better.

Anyway, thanks for the great missions. I've been playing the Tank Hunter campaign a bit, but not enough to form an opinion on it yet. So far it reminds me a little bit of Abandoned Armies, which is a good thing. The only problem I've had with that one so far is that the mission didn't carry over the huge weapons cache I had in a UAZ... but I guess that's what that ammo crate is for. :P

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-23 19:34:12

Thanks for the feedback Kurayami, always nice to hear from OFP oldtimers, I still remember you posting a loong time ago when this campaign was running its earlier name beta cycles ;)

UAV bug, I just dont know whats wrong with it. I tried to look everything but cant put my finger on it. But I'll try to think of something.

Hmm CAS not working, ok will look into it. Thanks for reporting.

And about UA 1.1, I have not used it on any of my missions since its beta testing. I took the kind of protest decision not to use it as it was only made available in EXE installer which is not how addons are supposed to be spread. We have been over this on CoC IRC channel and their forums so I dont want to go over it again. Anyways at this point its pretty sure UA v1.1 wont show up in this, or other of my campaigns. Lets hope we have better release method in ArmA :)

About the offtopic (hehe) Tank Hunter report. Hmm, the system should pickup any ammo from the vehicles. But I will write that down to the bugs list and try to see if I can find something in it to fix. Again thanks for reporting (and if you have more Tank Hunter feedback, check the official release topic).

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Taconic
Recruit

Post by Taconic » 2007-06-24 16:07:12

Snake Man wrote:Thanks for the feedback Kurayami, always nice to hear from OFP oldtimers, I still remember you posting a loong time ago when this campaign was running its earlier name beta cycles ;)
Yeah, I've always enjoyed this campaign. The CE is way underutilized by the OFP community. I think you've made the only CE campaign.
UAV bug, I just dont know whats wrong with it. I tried to look everything but cant put my finger on it. But I'll try to think of something.
It's kind of weird. I just used it again and got no error... But the time before I did.

I've never used this addon before and I haven't looked at the mission scripts or anything (too busy playing them,) but it might be a problem with the addon itself. The error seems random. I probably get it 75% of the time when I try to use the UAV.
Hmm CAS not working, ok will look into it. Thanks for reporting.
There is actually an error. I guess I clicked through it last time. I tried it again in the next mission and got:

"Script func/getGridCoordinates.sqf not found"

So it looks like you're missing a function in the release.

Other than that, I've been liking the campaign a lot. It is a huge improvement over the past versions (which were still very good.) The only complaint I had about your old CE campaign was that the missions got a little dry. It was very easy to abuse artillery and air support to make the missions a bit repetative.

But now with counter battery fire, cruise missile strikes, and an AA network that's actually effective, the missions are a lot more interesting. I can't wait to get to the later ones to see what you've done. I'm very curious to see how the whole bioweapon/MOPP4 thing plays out... and if nukes get involved. :P

Definitely a great campaign. I hope it gets the exposure it deserves in spite of AA.
And about UA 1.1, I have not used it on any of my missions since its beta testing. I took the kind of protest decision not to use it as it was only made available in EXE installer which is not how addons are supposed to be spread. We have been over this on CoC IRC channel and their forums so I dont want to go over it again. Anyways at this point its pretty sure UA v1.1 wont show up in this, or other of my campaigns. Lets hope we have better release method in ArmA :)
I can respect that. It's good to have principles.
About the offtopic (hehe) Tank Hunter report. Hmm, the system should pickup any ammo from the vehicles. But I will write that down to the bugs list and try to see if I can find something in it to fix. Again thanks for reporting (and if you have more Tank Hunter feedback, check the official release topic).
Will do. Hopefully I'll have some time to play it next week.

Oh. The only other pseudo-suggestion I have for the Baltic campaign is this, and let me preface it by saying that I have never looked at the CoC UA/CE scripts (I had too much to do with EECP :P):
The laser designator in the OH-58 doesn't work with the CoC cruise missiles.
I have no idea if that's because CoC UA does not support the OH-58 LD or if it's something that you can enable on the mission side of things, but doing that (if it's even possible without modifying UA) would make the OH-58 much more valuable as a command platform.

Also, you might want to consider adding the laser designator "ammo" to the missions. The LD is in, but it can't be used. I found that out the hard way. I had planed to use the LD to call a cruise missile strike in "The Road South" only to find that the "ammo" was not available in the mission loadout.

I think I only have two Malden missions left. Kolgujev was next in the old campaign, I think.
Hopefully I'll get there tonight. :P

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-06-24 18:33:32

I wrote down the laser designator issues and when/if the time comes, I'll do my best to fix them (ok the ammo is piece of cake hehe).

Thanks for the feedback.

One thing that worries me besides the complex nature of this new version, is that how heavy it is on CPU. What kind of computer do you have and does the campaign run smoothly to you? (we have one later mission designated as lagging too much at start, but any tweaking didn't make it to this v1.1 release, hopefully that gets looked upon later).

PMC since 1984

Taconic
Recruit

Post by Taconic » 2007-06-25 03:36:15

Snake Man wrote:I wrote down the laser designator issues and when/if the time comes, I'll do my best to fix them (ok the ammo is piece of cake hehe).
I'll look forward to it.
One thing that worries me besides the complex nature of this new version, is that how heavy it is on CPU. What kind of computer do you have and does the campaign run smoothly to you? (we have one later mission designated as lagging too much at start, but any tweaking didn't make it to this v1.1 release, hopefully that gets looked upon later).
Specs:
Dual 2.66GHz Xeons
1024MB RAM
Geforce 6600

Performance has been OK. "The Road South" was a bit laggy for me, but it was completely playable. Everything else has been smooth.

Taconic
Recruit

Post by Taconic » 2007-07-20 08:43:06

A couple more bug reports:

-Still no CAS in any mission

-The third Kolgujev mission has absolutely no counter-battery fire. A debug message appears when it's supposed to happen (sorry, I didn't take it down.)

I also have a few suggestions. I have no idea if you have any plans to further develop the campaign, but in case you do (or have plans for an Arma CE campaign,) I figure I'd offer them.

#1: Recon
A: Sat view
In the old command campaign, the satellite was too easy to abuse because it could be used at any time.

In the new campaign, it is difficult to use effectively. 9 times out of 10, I don't get a chance to get more than one view with it because the moment that it becomes available happens to coincide with the moment there is a missile strike on the HQ or one of my squads is ambushed.

My suggestion would be this:
Make sat view available for 10 minutes at the start of a mission (and only if the mission is a planned offensive. It would be hard to position a satellite in order to view an attack that you don't know is coming.)

This would solve the problem of it only being available at an inopportune time as well as being more realistic. In reality, a battlefield commander could never order a sat launch. He'd only have access to whatever satellite could be diverted over to the location and, unless a geosynchronous orbit was established, would only have access to recon data for the brief time that it was over the target. In reality he would get the info in the planning stage of the mission, but giving the player 10 minutes to look down at the beginning would be a decent simulation of this.

B: OH-58
I think an AI controlled OH-58 should be added to every mission. Several of your briefings suggest using choppers to probe enemy positions at their outskirts--a Kiowa would be ideal for this and would be a realistic addition to the battlefield.
And since it packs very little offensive punch, it would not tip the play balance much.

#2: Units
A: The SEALs are of limited use because they lack AT weapons. I think each squad should get at least one AT gunner. As they are, they're of very limited utility. They can't be used to assault enemy positions because even a BMP can wipe them out, and they're difficult to employ as recon because bumping into a mechanized infantry squad means you probably suffer 90% casualties.

B: In missions where air attack is expected, a small specialized AA squad or two would be a realistic and useful addition. 2-3 soldiers with Stingers would give the players a lot more options, both offensive and defensive.

C: Give the M163s that you have positioned around various friendly targets patrol routes like you give the Shilkas and SA-11s. I've had a couple of instances where my Abrams were wiped out because I thought they were in range of friendly AA, but a hill was blocking line of sight.

D: Mechanized infantry. So far, the player hasn't had any access to it. Yeah, you can load soldiers up into Bradlies, but it isn't quite the same as having a squad permanently attached to an IFV. I'd suggest replacing one of the normal infantry squads in each mission with a mechanized one.

E: Equip the medical squad with a couple of actual medics. This would make frontline treatment more viable since sending the ambulance to the front lines generally results in it being blown up by an RPG/BMP/gunship in about 12 seconds. With some medics, the M113 could stay safe and the medics could be sent to forward areas.

#3: Artillery
A: I have no idea how the counter-battery fire works in the campaign--I haven't had time to look at your scripts.

My suggestion would be to roughly double the time that it takes the enemy to plot its fire mission. The counter battery fire generally starts within 30 seconds of the friendly fire. In reality, it would take longer to locate and plot than that. I've found that I'm very reluctant to use my M109s because I wind up losing one about 50% of the time because they're already under fire by the time they're moving to their next waypoint.

B: If possible, have a marker appear on the map in the approximate location of the enemy battery after it has fired (not exact, because that would be too easy.) The player can already get this info by turning on shell radar and paying close attention to where they originate from, but in reality a battlefield commander would have somebody else figuring that out and would simply be presented with the information.

#4: Air support
I would expand upon what you have in a few ways:

1: Change CAS into a bombing mission. Allow the player to call in an air strike from an imaginary B-52 that will carpet bomb an area.

2: Add an option for actual CAS: Enable the player to call in an A-10 that will stay on station for 10 minutes or so to cover friendly movements. Limit its mobility to a fixed radius around the aimpoint.

3: Add an option for an A-10 SEAD mission. If the player has the location of enemy AAA, a SEAD strike could be requested upon it (or an area.) The effective radius for this should be kept fairly small and the strike should only target AAA threats. The easiest way to balance things would be to have it move in and move out within 60 seconds if no AAA is found.

4: Attach a flare script to the aircraft (both friendly and enemy.) A couple can be tweaked for effectiveness. It should not be 100% effective, but it's almost unrealistically hard to employ gunships at the moment.

5: Increase the enemy air presence. The Soviets should get some CAS as well. That would make for some very interesting armored battles. A Su-25 appearing on station could very well change the tide of a mission if the player hasn't positioned his air defenses properly.

6: Use Hawk's C-130 instead.
http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8746

Keep in mind that those are just suggestions. I've had a lot of fun playing the campaign so far. This is just basically a list of "wouldn't it be cool if..." thoughts I've had while playing and I certainly don't expect you to implement them all. :P Believe me, as somebody that has done a lot of modding, I know that a few of them would be major undertakings.
I just thought I'd shoot you some ideas.

I'd be happy to beta test any bugfixes/features you add to this campaign, though.

I'm actually about to start over because I used all of my cruise missiles. Not having those airstrikes has made me rely too much on them to take out AAA.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-08-05 18:39:43

Thanks for the another detailed and good post. Its unlikely that I go and rework much of the OFP material as we are getting so used to ArmA now but I definitely want to do some CEX campaign for ArmA.

I'll sure want to fix all gameplay effecting bugs in v1.1 if any way possible.

PMC since 1984

Ridwaan
Gaming Interests: Operation Flashpoint (OFP)
Editing Interests: Missions

Re: PMC Baltic Command v1.1 has been released!

Post by Ridwaan » 2009-11-06 22:35:34

I found out about Operation Flashpoint a year ago adn decidedto get it when I seen your Baltic Command mod I decided to get that to I found all the addons except the dragonwarrior Uav is there someway you can get that to me

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-11-07 00:27:34

I have updated the first post with direct download link to the dragonwarrior located in PMC Tactical server, it will remain there until the end of days :)

PMC since 1984

Ridwaan

Post by Ridwaan » 2009-11-08 00:36:56

Snake man you are The best number 1

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2009-12-21 10:13:18

I got email about dead link on JAM CAVS vehicles, so I uploaded my pbo from my old OFP dir into our server.

PMC JAM CAVS vehicles mirror.

It warms up my heart to hear in the Christmas time that someone is still playing PMC campaigns :)

PMC since 1984

Tiket
Recruit

Post by Tiket » 2009-12-22 16:18:03

Iam playing.

Return to “PMC Baltic Command”