Event Day?

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA 2

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Liam
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: None of the above, I don't edit...

Event Day?

Post by Liam » 2014-04-13 01:10:37

Although I may be new, I do notice a constant inactivity on the V:TE server. This may be likely due to a recurring cycle I call "The Lonely Server" cycle

Allow me to show with a line: Server is full of members only------> Members drift off to different servers without waiting to build player base ------> Server with only 1 to 5 players tops --------> Players find new server -----> Lonely Server

To fix this, we simply need more active players that can patiently wait for other players to join. Another recommendation is in the subject, a event day! On this day, members try to come on as much as possible to given an enriching and immersing experience.

It may take a few weeks to build the player base but I'm confident that with a little hard work, it can be done.

Thanks for reading
~Liam
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. -Winston Churchill

I am part of the TWC clan.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Event Day?

Post by Snake Man » 2014-04-13 14:48:40

This summer I hope (not promise, just hope) to be playing on PMC servers more and mostly on VTE server. At this time I'm not very enthusiastic about arranging an VTE multiplayer event, but I'm absolutely supporting anyone who is willing to join our server and such.

Please don't read my post as being negative, I'm just returning to ArmA 2 after like almost a year break and still haven't started it up. Maybe when I do that I get overwhelming enthusiasm back again etc. I'd love nothing more than having 10+ players in VTE server nightly ;)

Speaking of our server, I'm monitoring it and have seen you joining there, thank you. I'll be surely joining you and others when I get few things in order and start playing ArmA 2 again real soon.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Liam
Gaming Interests: ArmA 2 (Armed Assault 2)
Editing Interests: None of the above, I don't edit...

Re: Event Day?

Post by Liam » 2014-04-13 17:40:13

Thanks for the reply snake!

Although I due to tend to try and get on as much as possible, it can get pretty boring being alone. I still hold with my recommendation that the server controls be locked. It they aren't, someone can login in as admin and ban people at will. Just a thought.

Hope to see you soon
~Liam
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. -Winston Churchill

I am part of the TWC clan.

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA 2)”