SVN repository

VTE - The most detailed and comprehensive Vietnam modification for ArmA

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

SVN repository

Post by Snake Man » 2008-04-28 22:50:44

VTE is now using SVN for development (same as ESP/Zeus, ACE and OAC). I didnt mention this before as there was just me alone doing the edits, but now that we have more people in there its good to let everyone know.

If you dont know what this is, check SVN page for help. I personally use TortoiseSVN client to transfer the files.

Its kind of complicated system for start, but when you get it installed and VTE downloaded, editing and uploading the edits will be very easy. Not just easy but all the revision histories are kept in safe place on the server and if you make a big mistake on some edit, no problem you can always revert back to the one which worked before. All the other developers can then get all the latest edits from you as you can get from them, ie from the VTE SVN repository/server.

Not only that, but you always keep VTE updated with the minimum of downloads. Forget about downloading 589mb every other month, you just download the incremental changes made to the files. Very good if you're on tight bandwidth or just hate to waste it for leeching the same stuff over and over again.

So now I encourage anyone wishing to contribute to VTE in any way to get involved. Even if your skills arent that elite, dont worry, we have the PMC Editing Wiki here to help you out to get started, any issues and new tricks & tips we learn from VTE editing goes to our wiki. Join up, what you got to lose? :)

Tutorial

TortoiseSVN SVN client install tutorial has been moved to our wiki, read it here PMC Editing Wiki: SVN Client.
Last edited by Snake Man on 2008-08-13 07:07:48, edited 1 time in total.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

David
Recruit

Post by David » 2008-05-02 14:48:22

Okay, i use it

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: SVN repository

Post by Snake Man » 2009-02-01 16:31:36

The SVN client installation tutorial has been moved into our wiki now. I believe its commonly used tool to develop software (games) and its important enough to be added into the wiki permanently.

Read PMC Editing Wiki: SVN Client.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to walk you through the whole SVN process.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Return to “Vietnam: The Experience (ArmA)”