Ranger creed

Campaign using LSR Ranger addons

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Deathspawn

Ranger creed

Post by Deathspawn » 2004-04-23 15:39:37

1st let me say thx for the campain, just started it and loving every sec.

Reading the Ranger creed (think thats what its called) i remembered i had a OLD game here, must be 10 years old now, called Spec Ops, it has a intro .avi, a little movie whit some guy reading the text in the backround, would be real kewl to have infront of your campain.

I know nothing about the ofp editor so i dont even know if it can be done, but u could atleast rip the music and the guy reading it out from it.

Let me know and ill hand it over

Cheers again for the campain

TA-50

Re: Ranger creed

Post by TA-50 » 2004-04-27 15:41:50

Good job with the Ranger Creed Snake. I understand that Rangers recite their creed daily with each morning formation. It is their ethos, and you've captured that in this campaign. Well done.

BTW, I've noticed you have an organized way about your mission briefs. You may want to use the DoD OPORD (Operations Order) or WARNO (Warning Order) Format for realism. The paragraphs are much like yours.

For instance, a 5 paragraph OPORD includes:
1. Situation
2. Mission
3. Execution
4. Command and Signal
5. Service Support.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2004-07-23 13:11:38

OPORD, hmm yeah that might be good to add. I'm just wondering here how to "split" up my current into the OPORD format, here is the current one I'm using:

Gen Sitrep - general HQ view of the war.
Intel - intel guy tells you what he got.
Orders - HQ guy gives you the specific orders.
Tactical - more "casual" guy giving your real tactical tips.

Any suggestions?

Elvisdog

Post by Elvisdog » 2004-07-24 03:40:42

Just use the OPORD format from the CmmdCmp revision.

1. War Situation = Gen Sitrep
2. Your Mission = Orders
3. Execution/Intel = Intel
4. Signals & Tactics = Tactics

5. Support & ORBAT, this is new for you, just remove the descriptions of friendly forces and arty from the Gen Sitrep and Mission and put them under Support/ORBAT.

TA-50, what do you think about this translation of snakeformat to opord format? Is it acceptable to change the names a little, (ie, 1. War Situation instead of 1.Situation), or is it better to stay strictly with the DoD wording?
Last edited by Elvisdog on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

snakeeyes

Post by snakeeyes » 2005-03-31 20:46:48

1st let me say thx for the campain, just started it and loving every sec.

Reading the Ranger creed (think thats what its called) i remembered i had a OLD game here, must be 10 years old now, called Spec Ops, it has a intro .avi, a little movie whit some guy reading the text in the backround, would be real kewl to have infront of your campain.

I know nothing about the ofp editor so i dont even know if it can be done, but u could atleast rip the music and the guy reading it out from it.

Let me know and ill hand it over

Cheers again for the campain

It was a damn fun game! Simple but fun! Had a great time playing it multiplayer. The sequel has a Special Forces intro... not their long creed but cool visuals. I have both mpegs on my work computer. I turn off the volume as use them as screen savers sometimes.