PBO File Reading code

OFP editing, missions, modeling, textures, configs, but not islands

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Gnat
1st Lt

PBO File Reading code

Post by Gnat » 2005-05-08 16:10:22

Hi Snake,
As per the other forum ......... I'm looking to add a text file reading function to my PBOManager tool;
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/i ... 44343;st=0

So as to allow me to scan text in files like mission.sqm

One aim is to have the PBOManager scan Mission sqm files and determine what addons are required to run that mission. Other uses include scanning Config files to find the displayed name etc.

You passed me that code snippit from Dschulle, appreciated, and I've had it converted to Delphi but there doesnt seem a enough of it for me to work on.
The PboX tool as the type of code im after, it reads the text files within a PBO, without opening the PBO. Obviously im coding in different language but maybe you and Dschulle might be able to help and take some credit in adding to PBOManager.

Let me know what the go ...... cheers.
Gnat.

Mike
1st Lt

Re: PBO File Reading code

Post by Mike » 2005-05-10 05:43:52

Ha! You're in the same territory as me for very similar reasons, I want to sniff out the addons in mission.sqm

there is winpbo, a truly excellent tool on the ofpec site that includes a command line version. (I'm using that one as a very poor dump it into temp/ and look there function) Hardly the answer we both want.

There is also Depbo 1.5 (i think i'm right there) which contains source code !!!! It's written using C++ STL templates which again is not what I'm after but might help you.
I want a visual basic dll or applet for same reasons you're using delphi, the ready made forms.

Have a sniff around the editors section in ofpec for the pbo source code I'm talking about, it will be fairly obvious.

If you do come up with something we can both use I'd sure as hell appreciate a message from you.

Gnat
1st Lt

Post by Gnat » 2005-05-10 15:38:27

Thx BungleWare ...... yeh I thought I'd pretty much squeezed all source info there was, include those bits available on OFPEC ....
But I didnt know WinPbo had a command line option. Worth a look but not likely to be a clean solution at all.

...... see what appears.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-30 23:51:05

@Gnat

great news

I now have what you're looking for, a depbo.dll that you can attach to c++ OR visual basic code to sniff inside pbo files.

grab it from

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/list.php?show=pending

or

http://andrew.nf/ofp/tools/

I will supply source code on request

Gnat
1st Lt

Post by Gnat » 2005-05-31 11:56:31

VERY COOL
Thanks Bungleware !!

Now I just gotta work out the small mysteries of calling DLL functions from Delphi ......... I typically never use DLL's  ..... np .... shouldnt be to difficult, your C headers should have enough info.

............. once again .................... WAY COOL !
Last edited by Gnat on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Mike
1st Lt

Post by Mike » 2005-05-31 16:03:05

delphi? that's great to superb. That *is* the whole intention of the dll, that we can use forms making IDE's such as delphi such as VB in a quick 'n dirty manner.

Pascal is close to VB in call structure If you do make a defs type file, or some sort of header for pascal, please let me grab it and I'll include it in the general release.

as to not using dll's well, that's the point, it's a library like any other, but precompiled. you don't use it because there hasn't been anything before, now there is. voila.

btw, with your manager tool, the 'other one' is winpbo, an excellent pbo examiner but, it cant decrypt mission sqms, depbo.dll can.

source is now available on the 2nd link above

thanks for your encouragement.