JAM Appreciation campaign design

OFP campaigns and missions

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake_Man

JAM Appreciation campaign design

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-05-07 10:20:00

I wanted to make JAM 3 mini campaign, just using JAM3 and no other addons. Well I had to bring in one addon and it was the Bn880 tracers as OFP for me is not doable withouth them, I have ATI card and it distorts the default BIS tracers so not only Bn880 tracers are great, they are indeed necessary replacement.

Missions are those basic PMC Fury style infantry squad types, where you occationally get support from gunship helos or tanks, also other infantry squads sometime join the battle. Player is a US squad leader, he will fight against the Russians to run them off the islands. I wanted to keep them semi-light so they are nice and enjoyable, we'll see that when they are done if I need to remove some enemy units (or by more CPU power). Essential element of the campaign was weaponpool where weapons are transferred to the next mission, ie JAM, magazines/weapons stuff. Also the squad members status is saved so the guys should be kept alive and not do too much stupid movements where you get them killed.

So I started to make the mini campaign, it so happened that Malden got 8 missions. Then came Kolgujev where I've now done three (3) missions but the design doc shows there are eleven (11) more to do. After this there is Everon and Nogova on the list... so you see my hilarious attempt on mini campaign :P

Oh well in the end it should be quite nice JAM3 campaign, kind of like PMC Fury 2006, but heh not even close the size.

Anyways to the point of this topic... I'm in real need for suggestions of what to call this campaign, also the missions on everon & nogova are not set to stone yet, so if anyone has good ideas for basic infantry missions, then feel free to post them. In fact it would be great to have some fresh ideas to spice up my own missions stuff.

I wanted to spice up the campaign also with few special missions like helicopter goes down and you have to defend the position until rescue arrives. You need to get into some disabled tank/downed helo and rescue the troops there. Also some other special situations I can think of. Maybe to bring some civilian / resistance troops into play, ie make bad fight on town where civilians get killed and in the next mission resistance troops have joined forces with russians to fight against you. If you spare civvie lives, then no hostile resistance on following missions.

What name would this campaign have?

What kind of special situation missions should it include?

action_man

Re: JAM Appreciation campaign design

Post by action_man » 2006-05-19 11:42:35

It's got to have a special op's raid prison to rescue pow type sernario.Also spec op's locate downed helo/plane to rescue pilot.And a sneak up and snipe one.It would also be good if their wern't to many night time mission's(myself and other people hate night time mission's) As for name's how about "retribution"or "hell hath no fury"or "lightning war"or "rumble in the islands"or "shatterd peace". "invasion force". "the task force". "codename sweepout". "island salvation". "the liberators". "codname liberation". Hope this is a start when i think of some more i will post em ;D Some more "peace makers". "codename peacemaker"."fight the good fight"."uncle sam does the island's"."a war worth fighting". "the 10 day war"(or how many day's you want it to be)."salvation". "codename salvation".
Last edited by action_man on 1970-01-01 00:00:00, edited 1 time in total.
Kill em all! Let god sort em out!

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-05-19 12:24:04

It's got to have a special op's raid prison to rescue pow type sernario.Also spec op's locate downed helo/plane to rescue pilot.
Only problem is that the players squad is regular infantry, I dont want to put character switching into this campaign like there was in PMC Hero's Path.
It would also be good if their wern't to many night time mission's(myself and other people hate night time mission's)
I dont like night time missions either, what the heck is the point of playing OFP if you cannot see anything? (especially in semi light room, all night missions MUST be played in room with lights out).

Having said that, in this campaign there is some dusk/dawn missions but they are completely playable ie lighting conditions, and 4 completely night missions. I felt that these night missions give the variety and "new/difficult/etc experience" to spice up the campaign. But mostly the stuff is daytime only.
As for name's how about ...
Good suggestions, please keep them coming if you have more.

Snake_Man

Post by Snake_Man » 2006-06-25 16:04:35

Now the mission backbones are finished. I was thinking that unlike other PMC campaign releases, I could try to do limited private-beta testing for this one depending if there is anyone interested of testing such way.

So if there is anyone willing to beta test the latest PMC campaign, let me know.

lilwillie
Recruit

Post by lilwillie » 2006-07-26 00:53:15

I'd give it a run, I've enjoyed the previous beta campaigns and then the final products.

and for a name, depending on the storyline, if there is one. "Jammed Up"?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2006-12-17 01:05:14

Name has been decided. I'll thank action_man and lilwillie for your contribution for the name suggestions, thank you guys, appreciated.

Closing for the new topic.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."