PMC ArmA 2 modding statement

ArmA 2 general discussion

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2009-08-17 07:40:52

Uh statement? That sounds all too serious and uh something, hehe ;)

Yeah the whole point of this topic is to ease my own forum posting because lately I've noticed that I have to tell the exact same "story/statement" several times in various posts/IRC channels etc, so I decided to put it all on writing on one post which I can then just link, saving uninterested people time to read it through and for those who are interested, bit more detail of whats going on and "why" its going on.

Okay so right now I'm working on PMC projects, as usual, I did the Apache addon, first user made campaign and the WRP demo terrain for ArmA 2... but now I'm stepping back to ArmA (meaning ArmA 1) projects.

Why?

Well I guess the main reason is that as with my OFP projects earlier, I just want to finish the PMC ArmA modding history properly, I don't want to leave half-done or completely broken releases out there.

At the time of writing this I've completed the AGS addons (AGS Buildings, AGS Industrial and AGS Harbor) as well as CAT Afghanistan. I would like to (please read that, "like to" not that I make any promises here, I've done enough those to know better by now... finish up PMC Cmp1 and PMC First Fight campaigns properly, perhaps release one of my completely partial campaigns and then make solid final ArmA releases for PMC Rugen, PMC Rattler, VTE and PMC Somalia.

After I've satisfied with PMC releases for ArmA and feel that the projects can be safely be left to the history books (like happened with OFP VTE v0.4 etc), then I will install the ArmA 2 editing tools overwriting the old ArmA tools and most likely I take the bold step that I just completely uninstall ArmA so I can be 100% focused on ArmA 2 and its editing projects (although I still feel that ArmA should be left as backup/reference point as surely some data might be needed from there).

I hope this "statement" clears much of the things up regarding PMC projects for ArmA and ArmA 2 :)
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."