Serious Rendering Glitch

Falcon 4 general discussion (please no editing discussion)

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Setmose
Recruit

Serious Rendering Glitch

Post by Setmose » 2002-12-03 20:10:00

Hi --

I've just done a fresh install:

Falcon 4
1.08US
SP3
Israel Theater

The theater is beautiful. But I have a serious rendering glitch: whenever I choose views 1 or 2 with the full rendering of the MFDs, the rendering gets really screwed up. Sometimes pieces of the pre-sim UI screen get caught in there, big rectangular regions flashing and not getting updated properly... a real mess.

If I use keypad down-arrow (2) to go to the head-down view and then look right or left (keypad 6 or keypad 7) the screen gets cleaned up (and the MFDs are rendered ok). Then I can go directly to virtual cockpit view (3) and look around and it's fine. Exterior views ok also.

I think it has something to do with the 1028 cockpit, but Im not sure. Any ideas?

I'm running on a Dell 1.7 MHz P4 with ATI Rage 128 Ultra.

Setmose
Recruit

Re: Serious Rendering Glitch

Post by Setmose » 2002-12-04 18:48:00

Hi --

Ok, figured it out. I had upgraded to the latest DirectX, but it was way out of synch with the ATI drivers I had. The latest ATI Reference Drivers fixed it all up.

By the way, the PC I'm using is 1.7 GHz P4, not 1.7 MHz as I posted, which would have given some pretty poor FPS results. Hey, I'm a Macintosh guy... cut me some slack!

Return to “Falcon 4 General”