User Interface - OpenFalcon

Operation Desert Storm theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

User Interface - OpenFalcon

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-09 11:28:17

User Interface (UI) - OpenFalcon (OF).

In the v0.512 release there is the existing graphics in the art\desstorm1 - 3 directories. Those rsc files could be used as source to greate the UI for OF.

I'm mainly looking now hassle, no fancy stuff, just plain basic working UI with the instant action, campaign squadron selection maps and campaign selection buttons as well as the intel news blips maps nicely setup. I think for the default OF UI the colors are not fitting well since its blueish of what I can tell, the ODS colors could be changed, I'm okay with that.

Couby, if you could check it out and let me know what you think about the v0.512 graphics files?
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Couby
1st Lt

Re: User Interface - OpenFalcon

Post by Couby » 2007-04-09 13:10:31

Snake Man wrote: Couby, if you could check it out and let me know what you think about the v0.512 graphics files?
I think v0.512 graphics files are in the good colors, desert, that is far better than the blueish default OF UI. Yet I find there is a sort of toy spirit, I prefer a litle bit more modern or high tech design. But here that's a question of taste...

Here are some screens of ui moders from the Virtual European Air Force for the ODS theater.

Screens from Gunman :
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/227/mainscrnar0.jpg (main screen)
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1895 ... crnva0.jpg (campaign screen)

Screens from Breizh :
http://breizh08235.free.fr/forum/img/ga ... 954364.jpg (main screen 1)
http://breizh08235.free.fr/forum/img/ga ... 965045.jpg (main screen 2)

With ODS there is 3 possibilities of ui. I think that should allow many artists to express themselves ;).
ImageImage

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-09 15:49:07

Well for starters, could you rework the SCF files to fit the images, we can then later of course change the image colors as we please as the backbone (SCFs) are done?

PMC since 1984

The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2007-04-09 17:04:35

Here is a backbone of art files for OF : art_OF .
ImageImage

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-09 18:39:52

Thank you. I hope the rsc's are new stuff you packed here, otherwise 22mb is big "load" for just SCF files :)

Am I to assume that these are some already DONE stuff when I posted this topic, or are you this quick to create the OF art setup? I'll be checking them out ASAP when the download is complete.

PMC since 1984

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2007-04-09 19:27:42

Yes that was already done stuff, and... I admit I could have divided it by 3, the 3 art folders are the same :oops: .
ImageImage

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-09 19:53:32

Couby wrote:Here is a backbone of art files for OF : art_OF .
I checked them out.

Theater.irc:
SCENARIO_2 "Iraqi Sovereignty 2007" <- what is this name, I never heard of it, I didn't name it like that?

art1024\campaign\CP_WAIT.scf:
I assume this file controls the RAMP start things? If so, is this now the fixed one that lets you do ramp start or could this be the cause of some user reports that ODS OF conversion wont let them choose ramp start options?

The graphics look ok. Only one bug I discovered, the credits info is from Balkans :?

Here are the images (click the links to view as they are large) and some comments from me.

Background
Looks ok to me.

Instant Action
Looks ok to me, dunno if the IA screen takes the coordinates correctly from the small area?

Campaign squadron selection
Here you can see the campaign name and information text getting pretty "faded" with the light colored backrgound. The campaign buttons are unlabeled, I believe v0.512 had labels on them so why arent these labeled.

Campaign map
The intel news blips map is small one where the blips appear in wrong locations, needs an SCF fix.

--- bugs
- Campaign buttons unlabeled.
- Intel news blips map is still a small one (no blips).
- Revaluate if IA area selection coordinates really work.

PMC since 1984

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-09 21:13:20

Just FYI, I unpacked the flags.rsc/flags.idx in the DesertStorm1\art\resource directory and the flags are not the ODS flags. Are these flags used at all anymore?
These are the larger size flags found in the flags.rsc (there are other, smaller version files of these same flags):

BTW, the flags in the main.rsc/main.idx are the correct ODS flags.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2007-04-09 21:55:54

Snake Man wrote: Theater.irc:
SCENARIO_2 "Iraqi Sovereignty 2007" <- what is this name, I never heard of it, I didn't name it like that?
Explained with campaign pics unlabeled.

Snake Man wrote: art1024\campaign\CP_WAIT.scf:
I assume this file controls the RAMP start things? If so, is this now the fixed one that lets you do ramp start or could this be the cause of some user reports that ODS OF conversion wont let them choose ramp start options?
I think it is.

Snake Man wrote: The graphics look ok. Only one bug I discovered, the credits info is from Balkans :?
We fixed some ui problems for OF theaters conversion with Balkans first. Actually Balkans ui was reused to rework the ODS one... That's the reason of this bug.

Snake Man wrote: Instant Action
Looks ok to me, dunno if the IA screen takes the coordinates correctly from the small area?
I'll test it.

Snake Man wrote: Campaign squadron selection
Here you can see the campaign name and information text getting pretty "faded" with the light colored backrgound. The campaign buttons are unlabeled, I believe v0.512 had labels on them so why arent these labeled.
Right for the information text pretty faded with the light colored background. I'll report it to Breizh and Theureu.

Why campaign buttons unlabeled ? This work on the ui, if I remember well, was done last summer. PMC was not back in theater developpement and I think some peopole intended to built their own new campaigns.
You can change it back to what it should be. Or if there are some art available to replace them, we'll do with pleasure. As you wish ;).

Snake Man wrote: Campaign map
The intel news blips map is small one where the blips appear in wrong locations, needs an SCF fix.
How can we fix that ?

Snake Man wrote: --- bugs
- Campaign buttons unlabeled.
- Intel news blips map is still a small one (no blips).

Roger.
ImageImage

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2007-04-09 21:57:57

Sherlock wrote:Just FYI, I unpacked the flags.rsc/flags.idx in the DesertStorm1\art\resource directory and the flags are not the ODS flags. Are these flags used at all anymore?
These are the larger size flags found in the flags.rsc (there are other, smaller version files of these same flags):

BTW, the flags in the main.rsc/main.idx are the correct ODS flags.
I don't know what it was for, sorry. Maybe the better to do is do delete these bad flags.rsc/idx.
ImageImage

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief

Post by Snake Man » 2007-04-09 22:05:21

Couby wrote:Why campaign buttons unlabeled ? This work on the ui, if I remember well, was done last summer. PMC was not back in theater developpement and I think some peopole intended to built their own new campaigns. You can change it back to what it should be.
Yes lets use the v0.512 select.rsc images for them.
How can we fix that ?
Sherlock was kind enough to post such tips in the Iran PAK priority map topic. That reminds me, I need to put that stuff into the tutorial ASAP. Hmm perhaps that was just the PAK stuff not sure hehe, but he did the intel news blips thing too. Yes, damn tutorial!

PMC since 1984

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Post by Sherlock » 2007-04-09 22:11:20

Couby wrote:
Snake Man wrote: Campaign map
How can we fix that ?
Couby,
The work I've been following up on after Malc did the original scf files for the AF conversion should work on your scf file the same as for AF. Here is the pertinent code:

Code: Select all

# modded for 128 ODSAF
[WINDOW]
[SETUP] CP_SUA C_TYPE_NORMAL 544 345		# default [SETUP] CP_SUA C_TYPE_NORMAL 314 229
[RANGES] 0 0 1024 768 544 345			    # default [RANGES] 0 0 1024 768 314 229
[XY] 480 15					            # default [XY] 671 15
[CLIENTAREA] 5 50 125 170 0				#
[CLIENTAREA] 155 27 330 315 1             # default [CLIENTAREA] 135 30 172 172 1
[GROUP] 200
[FONT] OCR_EXT_12
[FLAGBITON] C_BIT_TRANSLUCENT
[FLAGBITON] C_BIT_CANTMOVE

and further on down in the same cp_sua.scf file is this section reworked:

Code: Select all

[BITMAP]
[SETUP] NID  0  BID_3FLY_DOWN    #IA_MAP_TGAWN #Note IA_MAP_TGAWN is used only for 64x64 theaters; it is too small for 128 theaters
[CLIENT] 1
Last edited by Sherlock on 2007-04-09 22:14:16, edited 1 time in total.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2007-04-09 22:12:55

Snake Man wrote: Yes lets use the v0.512 select.rsc images for them.
Oki :).

Snake Man wrote: Sherlock was kind enough to post such tips in the Iran PAK priority map topic. That reminds me, I need to put that stuff into the tutorial ASAP. Hmm perhaps that was just the PAK stuff not sure hehe, but he did the intel news blips thing too. Yes, damn tutorial!
I'll take a look. And I'll be happy to translate that tutorial in french, you know ;).
ImageImage

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2007-04-09 22:18:19

I made a test, here is the position I pointed with the cross : x=1535 y=851 (coordinates from tacedit).

I was more over the sea so I think there is effectively an offset.

My coordinates ingame : N29°24.140 E049°20.385

Need to find back the coordinate translation. I don't remember right now.
I'm tired, it's late, and I'm taking off in commands in about 6 hours. So I'm going to bed :P .
ImageImage

Couby
1st Lt

Post by Couby » 2007-05-25 23:34:50

As requested per Snakeman I'm writing this litle post to inform I'm making a break in my F4 modding activities.

For some personnal reasons I need to breathe a litle, and spend less time on my computer.

For OF ui modding you can always try to keep in touch with Breizh, Theureu or Gunman. These are the ui mod guys in the VEAF.
ImageImage

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”