ODS .512 Campaigns

Operation Desert Storm theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

ODS .512 Campaigns

Post by Sherlock » 2007-01-19 19:48:44

Snake Man,
I guess this is mostly directed at you because I think you were the primary person to assemble the ODS .512 campaigns, correct?

Well, I was thinking this morning that for the original ODS it had actually three theaters, each with three campaigns as follows:

I. Operation Desert Storm
a. ODS-liberate Kuwait
b. War for Oil
c. Persia on fire

II. Operation Iraqi Freedom
a. OIF-liberate Iraq
b. Persian War
c. Babylon Guard

III. Operatioin Persian Eagle (Iraq vs. Iran)
a. Storm Menace
b. Persian Guardian
c. Desert Pilgrim

Now when Khronik ported over ODS to AF he only brought along the following campaigns:

a. ODS - Liberate Kuwait
b. OIF - Liberate Iraq
c. Persian War

Here are my questions:
1). Did each of the different ODS theaters have different pak cities for their objectives, e.g., in ODS the objective is Kuwait city. In OIF, the objective is Baghdad, etc?

2) My second question is a follow-up to my first question: Could/Would taking one campaign (e.g., OIF) from the desstorm2 campaign folder and placing in with the desstorm1 campaign folder files lead to ground troop movement problems?

We have noticed ground movement problems in the AF version and were thinking it was a link issue but this just occurred to me this morning (as I said) and it makes sense to me this could be the real cause of the problem....

Whatcha think?
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Re: ODS .512 Campaigns

Post by Snake Man » 2007-01-20 01:24:19

Sherlock wrote:you were the primary person to assemble the ODS .512 campaigns, correct?
Yes.
1). Did each of the different ODS theaters have different pak cities for their objectives, e.g., in ODS the objective is Kuwait city. In OIF, the objective is Baghdad, etc?
No, they all have the same objectives.
2) My second question is a follow-up to my first question: Could/Would taking one campaign (e.g., OIF) from the desstorm2 campaign folder and placing in with the desstorm1 campaign folder files lead to ground troop movement problems?
Okay the different campaigns and if I recall correct ODS vs OIF have just different objects/ dir used and yes the squadrons are placed differently.

So why ground units are moving on ODS but not on OIF, I don't know, but the links and objectives are the same.
We have noticed ground movement problems in the AF version and were thinking it was a link issue
Moving from where to where? As I shown on the screenshot in SP4 times the ground units take Kuwait in ODS (the historical 1991) campaign and I also privately tested it on F4AF now, same effect they can take it. I'm not sure about the other campaigns as I havent run them that long.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Sherlock
Lt. General
Gaming Interests: Falcon 4.0

Post by Sherlock » 2007-01-20 02:14:25

Most problems are with Saudi/US/Coalition forces moving north into Iraq.

Let me reword my question differently. Did the "take Iraq" (OIF) campaigns have objectives in Iraq that needed to be taken to win? (versus ODS where you just have to take Kuwait City to win).

thx.
Sherlock
Victurous te Saluto

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.

Post by Snake Man » 2007-01-20 02:49:44

If I brought up the correct trigger file, it says that in OIF campaign you need these objectives captured to win: US/Coalition controls Al Basra, AN NASIRIYAH, KARBALA' and BAGHDAD. I assume these are the objective IDs for them: 2793 2759 2605 2559.

The other question about ground units moving north into Iraq, hmm lets say from Kuwait-Iraq border into Mosul, jesus that is one long trip. Have anyone seen any long range ground unit movement screenshots of the original Korean campaign, I would like to get some reference of what is realistic movement range in F4 engine. You know just as a reference.

I mean engine makes the ground units move, I dont believe it models "fuel consumption" or such logistic nightmares but still it would be nice to see some real korean ground unit movement experiences from normal F4 users.
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Return to “Operation Desert Storm”