New member + Vietnam terrain

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

Kout

New member + Vietnam terrain

Post by Kout » 2001-08-24 20:02:00

Hello everyone,

I just recently downloaded the Vietnam theater and Aeyes phantom 'pit and I must say I'm quite impressed; subsequently I decided to register.

I was wondering if someone could help me with a small problem. I run eF1.10, with RP4.1 for eFalcon installed. In F4patch 4 there is the option to correct, amongst other things, the pylons on the F4. I'm unable to install, or to be more precise F4patch fails because the number at a certain location does not coincide (I think most people have had a similar problem before).
The Phantom looks a bit strange now, so I was wondering if it is possible to force the patch ?

I hope someone has a solution,
thanks anyway to all of you who have worked on the Vietnam mod, its very good (can't wait to see more aircraft...[such as the Thud])

Kout.

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: New member + Vietnam terrain

Post by Snake Man » 2001-08-24 20:39:00

quote:Originally posted by Kout:
In F4patch 4 there is the option to correct, amongst other things, the pylons on the F4. I'm unable to install, or to be more precise F4patch fails because the number at a certain location does not coincide (I think most people have had a similar problem before).
You mean the "Pylon fix v1.6", to me it says it cannot be installed if other 3D models are applied (which I did) so I didnt install it. My F-4E pylons are weird too.
quote:The Phantom looks a bit strange now, so I was wondering if it is possible to force the patch ?
No forcing I think :)

Try removing all weapon 3D models.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Kout

Post by Kout » 2001-08-25 03:04:00

Thank you Snake Man.

I have some more questions, I hope you, or some other memmbers, can shed some light on them.

RE: your advise:
Uninstall all 3d mods, even for weapons?
Does the Vietnam patch change the file, thereby blocking all F4patch changes?

Do you play the Vietnam campaign ? My first mission went alright (failed to bomb depot, but downed 3 MiGs), but in my 2nd mission I ran into MiG-29s, which was a bit of nasty surprise (I won't dis the AIM-7, but the Russian missiles fired by the MiG-29 outclassed our effort a bit).
Is this a known bug ? (There shouldn't be any '29s in Vietnam [duh!]).

Thanks,
Kout

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Post by Snake Man » 2001-08-25 03:58:00

quote:Originally posted by Kout:
RE: your advise:
Uninstall all 3d mods, even for weapons?
Does the Vietnam patch change the file, thereby blocking all F4patch changes?
Vietnam Theater does nothing to the files regarding Pylons/3D models. Check out korea and you'll find the same results.
quote:Do you play the Vietnam campaign ?
Not very much, mostly my playing of Falcon 4.0 sim has been "testing" since I got into the terrain creation scene :(
quote:Is this a known bug ? (There shouldn't be any '29s in Vietnam [duh!]).
Yes it is a known bug. When you think that "this release is going to be the BEST of ALL" ... something really ugly happens.

So did here with Vietnam v0.4 release. Somehow there was my debug/whatever Mig-29 and TU-16 squadrons included heh. But I soon fixed it and here is the updated campaign file.
http://www.pmctactical.org/f4/VietnamCa ... 2-beta.zip

Installation: Make sure Vietnam is applied in f4patch and then just unzip that zip file into the falcondir\campaign\Save directory.

btw more discussion: http://www.pmctactical.org/f4/cgi-bin/u ... 2&t=000096

Let me know if you find anything else strage in the updated campaign.

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Kout

Post by Kout » 2001-08-25 10:00:00

OK thanks. No luck yet on the pylons.
I'll keep a look out for other bugs.
If the campaign update fixes those killer MiG-29s it should be a very agreeable campaign... On the other hand, I like the Tu-16s, they make for excellent cannon fodder, an easy way to become ace ;)

Kout