Problem Installing Vietnam Theater

Vietnam theater

Moderators: Lone Wolf, Snake Man

deanber

Problem Installing Vietnam Theater

Post by deanber » 2001-08-18 21:01:00

I can't get the Vietnam Theater set-up file to complete the installation. I have the 1.08i2 patch installed and have installed the F4Patch version 4.1. The Falcon4 program works fine and fast. The Vietnam Theater set-up program starts out fine, but cannot seem to recognize the F4patch folder. The set-up instruction says, " Browse for the F4Patch folder you want to use..." I point to the folder, but the installation will proceed no further. I have tried executing the file from within a temp folder, the Falcon4 folder and the F4Patch folder. Any suggestions?

Snake Man
Commander-In-Chief
Gaming Interests: ArmA, ArmA 2, Falcon 4.0 and OFP.
Editing Interests: All, I (try) to edit everything.

Re: Problem Installing Vietnam Theater

Post by Snake Man » 2001-08-18 21:35:00

quote:Originally posted by Dean Bernett:
Vietnam Theater set-up program starts out fine, but cannot seem to recognize the F4patch folder. The set-up instruction says, " Browse for the F4Patch folder you want to use..." I point to the folder, but the installation will proceed no further.
I havent heard this kind of problem before. Only thing that comes to my mind is that your F4Patch dir is not there in the means of F4Patch being EXPANDED.

In the F4Patch program you select File -> Expand Package.

Have you expanded it?

PMC TFW
Snake Man
PMC Tactical Forum New User Registration please read new info here.

PMC since 1984

Editing knowledge, visit PMC Editing Wiki
The leading, most detailed and comprehensive modification made for the Vietnam War - Vietnam: The Experience homepage
View our videos in PMC Youtube channel

PMC Tactical forum Advanced Search is power.

"ALPHA BLACK TO PAPA BEAR. ALL RUSSIANS ARE TOAST. OVER."

Zaggy
Colonel

Post by Zaggy » 2001-08-19 05:49:00

I THINK ive seen this before when the directory name has a space in it somewhere... Like c:\MicroProse\Falcon 4\F4Patch or c:\Program Files\MicroProse\Falcon4\F4Patch...

I cant remember for sure, but just check it... just in case...
Daniel "Zaggy" Bell
Old-School, Grumpy and Anti-Social
Also to be found lurking round FighterOps

deanber

Post by deanber » 2001-08-19 14:30:00

Thanks for the quick help. I had missed the "expand" step for the F4patch. I expanded the patch and the Vietnam theater software seemed to install properly, except for one thing...
The install package was looking for a readme file which it could not find. I poked around and couldn't find one either. Is it posted separately on the PMC site somewhere?

I'm not used to working with add-ons using the F4Patch so a readme or FAQ file would help me get going without screwing up my current installation.

I'm looking forward to bombing the fire support base I was on in 1969.